ZeroSoulreaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Hedgez
Currently Playing:KOF. MBACC,SC
PSN:Hedgez00
Re: KOF XIII Tier List

Post by ZeroSoulreaver » Thu Nov 24, 2011 16:47

Way too early for this and Mature def isn't S tier. Shes possibly in the middle, sure she's got big combos but she is easily punished. Aginst characters like Kula with those ray spin she doesn't have much of a chance.
Last edited by ZeroSoulreaver on Thu Nov 24, 2011 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Nov 24, 2011 16:48

The tier list in the first post is from v1.0 of the arcade version when Mature had an easy infinite.

steve_nikaido
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3
A.K.A.:Turned ON
PSN:steve_nikaido

Post by steve_nikaido » Sat Nov 26, 2011 13:55

I can't wait for console version tier list wow

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Dec 13, 2011 09:58

Just added Dune impression of the characters to the first post. Not a proper tier list but better in a sense of justification to if they are good or not. Many an actual tier list will follow in the coming months.

Great_Dark_Hero
Charging...76%
Charging...76%
A.K.A.:This is Mai victory
Currently Playing:KOFXIII, TTT2, Crash Bandicoot Warped, Megaman X4
PSN:Dark_Ice_Saiko

Post by Great_Dark_Hero » Thu Jul 26, 2012 16:18

Here is a personal tier list. Should there be any discrepancies, players around Orochinagi can discuss them make adjustments according to game play and research. I kind of wish that we wouldn't talk about tier lists, sense this game is extremely well balanced. (Might be one of THE most balanced fighting games of this generation to be honest).
Tier list... Post EVO.
http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/kof13/i ... 2ual2t-bk8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Great_Dark_Hero on Thu Jul 26, 2012 17:42, edited 1 time in total.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Jul 26, 2012 16:57

It'd be nice if you could justify your character placements - can't really discuss anything if we don't know why you ranked character X at position Y etc.

Great_Dark_Hero
Charging...76%
Charging...76%
A.K.A.:This is Mai victory
Currently Playing:KOFXIII, TTT2, Crash Bandicoot Warped, Megaman X4
PSN:Dark_Ice_Saiko

Post by Great_Dark_Hero » Tue Sep 11, 2012 04:37

After a while... I realize that tier list was pointless (I deleted my post that explained my reasoning). A tier list seems pretty moot for a game such as KOFXIII. All I can say now is that the game is, more or less, balanced... just the way I like it.

keech
Charging...63%
Charging...63%
A.K.A.:KoFXIII wiki
Currently Playing:KoFXIII,
XBL:xXxKeechxXx

Post by keech » Sat Oct 27, 2012 08:34

After about a year, released a game we can talk about some balance in KoFXIII. I look through every week, about a dozen hours of replays from various cities where big community play in the KoFXIII. Every two weeks I'm looking for new heroes for my team, and and I know of at least 24 characters of everything. Here's my tier list http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/kof13/i ... kg-naKeech and none of the characters is not on a random place I spent on this tier list of about half an hour. Disscus.
p.s. Sorry for mistakes in mah language. m(_ _)m

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Nov 28, 2012 01:17

I feel shen is too high, ex iori is more well rounded then yuri, dou lon, clark has faults and joe is too high

keech
Charging...63%
Charging...63%
A.K.A.:KoFXIII wiki
Currently Playing:KoFXIII,
XBL:xXxKeechxXx

Post by keech » Thu Nov 29, 2012 23:42

Dark_Chaotix wrote:I feel shen is too high, ex iori is more well rounded then yuri, dou lon, clark has faults and joe is too high
Shen is here because easy confirmable BIG damage, have not very bad overhead, godlike AA with and without meter, and reflect without recovery if hit. His command throw is really bad and most of his not very good. Thats why he in top of the cast, but not good rounded.
I think between the ex Iori and Yuri is not too much difference, but the ex Iori should be moved to a very well-rounded characters, it's true. Thank you! About Duo lon and Clark in most of countries them played very aggressively and and therefore difficult to use the opponent faults in their favor. So they they have a problem but it does not affect their place as I believe. Joe good character with good pokes(all can cancel and fast except st. .C (without AA at all) but have some not bad zoning, strong combos(HD included) and frametraps. One of the best points. So why he need place lower than chin or king for example?

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Fri Nov 30, 2012 00:59

Each to their own. My tier list is alot different from yours and i wanted to know why you put characters where.

With all shen good points, I still dont think he is S. I put him as a solid A. My reason is that he does require meter to be of some threat, no decent poke strings, hard to get out of pressure with him (cant solely rely on guard point to counter that) in corner, and only really good at 2nd or 3rd position. I do agree with your point on him tho.

Dou Lon and Clark are monsters in the right hands no doubt, and Dou lon is being used by heaps of players. Their strength is actually their weakness, and unless you play them aggressively you will get beat by other players. They both borderline A/S rank for me but they dont have anything that makes them Karate tier.

Joe, well, I think he lacks in every department compared to everyone else.