SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest
KOF XIII: Mr Karate

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Dec 20, 2011 23:00

Will be released on January 10th (i.e. same day as EX Kyo on PSN).

Introduction video:
=Movelist=
Special Moves
DP .P - Kohou
.A .B during Kohou - Brake
HCB .K - Shouran Kyaku
QCB .P - Hakyokujin
fwd bk fwd .P - Zanretsuken
HCF .K in mid-air - Hien Shippuu Kyaku
qcf .P - Ko'ouken
fwd fwd during Ko'ouken - Kokyaku

DMs
fwd HCF .P - Haoh Shikou Ken
QCFHCB .P - Ryuuko Ranbu
qcf qcf .K - Kyokugen Kohou

NeoMAX
QCBHCF .A .C - Kishin Sanga Geki
Movelist notes by SonicTempest
- Hakyokujin is a counter move that does a forward dash on activation
- Ko'ouken is the KOF2002 Takuma version i.e. energy wave instead of projectile. He can do a dash after it by inputting fwd fwd
- Hien Shippuu Kyaku is air only
- His uppercut can be braked using AB
- Mr Karate can cancel any of his standing normals (except stand D) into a super jump.
- stand D has less lag than Takuma's and can be linked into a stand C or even a Ryuuko Ranbu.
- He has a new command move (Shougeki Sandanzuki, I think? Probably f+A) that does three punches, and there's no knockback on the first or second hits so it's easier to connect combos from further away than if you used f+B.
- He can do a short dash after C Ko'ouken. It juggles the opponent so you can use the dash to follow up with additional attacks.
- EX Ko'ouken causes guard crush. Can super cancel it too! Startup is slow though, so can be avoided by watching for the EX flash and rolling or jumping.
- EX Shourankyaku moves quickly and appears right in front of the opponent.
- Both normal and EX Zanretsuken juggle the opponent so you can follow up afterwards. Lots of hits, though, so look out for the scaling. EX version is not anywhere juggle unlike Takuma's.
- Hien Shippuu Kyaku will combo from standing attacks if you make use of jump cancels.
- His new move Hakyokujin is a counter that moves him next to the opponent after activating. EX version does an attack after the dash which appears to crumple the opponent. EX version does a hard knockdown ground pound upon countering projectiles.
- Kyokugen Kohou is invincible until the hitbox appears so it's good for anti-air and interrupting attack strings.
- EX Ryuuko Ranbu has fast startup and is invincible until the hitbox appears on the screen.
- Kishin Sanga Geki is an invincible dashing punch attack. You can combo it after an anti-air dp+A since it juggles.

It also looks like his regular counter also works against fireballs, but there's no special animation (you just get the forward dash like normal).
Move Notes by Bugle/Hawk'M
He can cancel his air .C into his HCF .K but the .D version doesn't combo. This would be more useful if he could get close .C super jump cancel to combo into jump .C, but I don't think it is possible.

if you want to play the guy you need to be able to do HCF uf .B off his normals because this gets his superjump cancel instant aired into his HCF .K, which can be followed up with DP .A, which, with drive, is probably a lot of extra damage.

in addition to his .D into far .C link, he also has cr. .A into cl. .C. It is only into cl. .C, so something like cr. .B, cr. .A, .C doesn't work because the amount of push makes it a far .C.

He can do fwd bk fwd .A .C, qcf .C, fwd fwd, fwd bk fwd .P, DP .A or qcf qcf .K or QCFHCB .A .C, which is to say he can do a lot of damage without drive. So he can do a long HD combo, end it with fwd bk fwd .A .C then do a bunch more damage. I didn't test it, but thinking about it now you might be able to do Neomax there as well.

His fwd .A does more damage than fwd .B, but it does more hits, so it might be a trade off due to scaling. There is also the issue of comboability because fwd .B pushes further out, so fwd .A is better for getting into moves with shorter ranges like his DP.

His DP .A can be drive cancelled on the ground or in the air. So, it has to be cancelled early to get qcf .P, but has to be late for HCF .K. It can be cancelled into HCF .K sometime in the middle, but it will whiff, so it needs to be done as late as possible.
Trials and Tutorial by Crosscounter
Move Properties Guide Match video by SNKP
Combo Video by Atlus
Combo video by SNKP
Gradual Combo Video by Humbag
Anti Mr Karate Vol 1
http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/cX6BZZTIVOe6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:a "trader" and a "messenger"
Currently Playing:...with someone's mind...

Re: KOF XIII: Mr Karate

Post by Yuki Yagami » Thu Dec 22, 2011 15:05

Moveset with Weak and Strong Hien Shippukyaku, EX properties of his Hakyokujin, winpose and win portraits.

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Dec 22, 2011 19:56

Judging from that video it looks like
- B Hien Shippuu Kyaku does one hit and knocks down
- D Hien Shippuu Kyaku goes slightly downwards at an angle and does a knockdown hit when it connects
- EX Hakyokujin has different properties depending on whether it counters a striking attack or a projectile. Striking attacks are countered by a backhand that knocks down while projectiles seem to be countered by a jumping hard knockdown punch. Seems like you really shouldn't be careless with your fireballs when Mr Karate has meter...

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Dec 28, 2011 04:26

Bunch of new videos released by SNKP today:

Introduction video:

Match video:

Combo video:

Working on translating any interesting details.

EDIT: Here we go.
- Mr Karate can cancel any of his standing normals (except stand D) into a super jump.
- stand D has less lag than Takuma's and can be linked into a stand C or even a Ryuuko Ranbu.
- He has a new command move (Shougeki Sandanzuki, I think? Probably f+A) that does three punches, and there's no knockback on the first or second hits so it's easier to connect combos from further away than if you used f+B.
- He can do a short dash after C Ko'ouken. It juggles the opponent so you can use the dash to follow up with additional attacks.
- EX Ko'ouken causes guard crush. Can super cancel it too! Startup is slow though, so can be avoided by watching for the EX flash and rolling or jumping.
- EX Shourankyaku moves quickly and appears right in front of the opponent.
- Both normal and EX Zanretsuken juggle the opponent so you can follow up afterwards. Lots of hits, though, so look out for the scaling. EX version is not anywhere juggle unlike Takuma's.
- Hien Shippuu Kyaku will combo from standing attacks if you make use of jump cancels.
- His new move Hakyokujin is a counter that moves him next to the opponent after activating. EX version does an attack after the dash which appears to crumple the opponent. EX version does a hard knockdown ground pound upon countering projectiles.
- Kyokugen Kohou is invincible until the hitbox appears so it's good for anti-air and interrupting attack strings.
- EX Ryuuko Ranbu has fast startup and is invincible until the hitbox appears on the screen.
- Kishin Sanga Geki is an invincible dashing punch attack. You can combo it after an anti-air dp+A since it juggles.

It also looks like his regular counter also works against fireballs, but there's no special animation (you just get the forward dash like normal).

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Jan 11, 2012 06:41

While Mr Karate can indeed cancel his standing A, B and C into super jumps, he can only cancel them into neutral or forward super jumps. Tried cancelling into a backward super jump and it doesn't seem to work.

Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:When life gives you lemons, make Kaiser Waves
Currently Playing:some games
XBL:BugleHawkeM
PSN:BugleHawkeM

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Wed Jan 11, 2012 19:46

Some random things about Mr. Karate.

He can cancel his air .C into his HCF .K but the .D version doesn't combo. This would be more useful if he could get close .C super jump cancel to combo into jump .C, but I don't think it is possible.

if you want to play the guy you need to be able to do HCF uf .B off his normals because this gets his superjump cancel instant aired into his HCF .K, which can be followed up with DP .A, which, with drive, is probably a lot of extra damage.

in addition to his .D into far .C link, he also has cr. .A into cl. .C. It is only into cl. .C, so something like cr. .B, cr. .A, .C doesn't work because the amount of push makes it a far .C.

He can do fwd bk fwd .A .C, qcf .C, fwd fwd, fwd bk fwd .P, DP .A or qcf qcf .K or QCFHCB .A .C, which is to say he can do a lot of damage without drive. So he can do a long HD combo, end it with fwd bk fwd .A .C then do a bunch more damage. I didn't test it, but thinking about it now you might be able to do Neomax there as well.

His fwd .A does more damage than fwd .B, but it does more hits, so it might be a trade off due to scaling. There is also the issue of comboability because fwd .B pushes further out, so fwd .A is better for getting into moves with shorter ranges like his DP.

His DP .A can be drive cancelled on the ground or in the air. So, it has to be cancelled early to get qcf .P, but has to be late for HCF .K. It can be cancelled into HCF .K sometime in the middle, but it will whiff, so it needs to be done as late as possible.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:54

Ah nice. Be awhile before I get him.

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Thu Jan 12, 2012 16:36

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Ah nice. Be awhile before I get him.
If that's because you have a EU game, Mr Karate is out today on EU PSN.

leegray99
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
PSN:leegray99

Post by leegray99 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 17:07

I love all the pre match convos..every fighter seems to think he's the coolest of them all.
I am glad his stance is different than Takuma's too.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:38

Fuu wrote:
Dark_Chaotix wrote:Ah nice. Be awhile before I get him.
If that's because you have a EU game, Mr Karate is out today on EU PSN.
Oh really, nice. Ill check it out when i can then, i thought there was going to be a wait for us.

leegray99
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
PSN:leegray99

Post by leegray99 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 19:22

Without a doubt the tengu show theme is the best music in the game.I prefer the 2nd Neo Geo version the best though.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Sat Jan 21, 2012 01:33

Yeah it's cool

Updated first post with tutorials and more combo vids - apart from this one - because it's not clear to me what's going on?

L1r
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
PSN:Pewas

Post by L1r » Sat Jan 21, 2012 15:55

The guy seems to be HD cancelling qcf .A into dp .C and then breaking the dp .C to keep the juggle going. That's all I can figure out from the video.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Sat Feb 04, 2012 20:18

ok help pls! in HD mode, when I try to break DP C with AB, he cancels straight into qcf A. What gives?

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Feb 04, 2012 22:32

I havent got him yet but maybe you have to do hcbf+C~AB? Or maybe have to do the break late?

I might DL him and try him out