Play arcade mode and do as many targets as possible. Try to not kill, in fact, do not touch the opponent unless it's part of a trial - remember when it says "hit" it means you can achieve the target even if the opponent blocks it. You'll know you're doing well when you see the target raise to 4 repetitions. By the third match, Saiki will challenge you. Win or lose, he's yours to keep.
Tentative Movelist, originally from 17号, transcribed by the Prof, who saved me from a heavy workload with that
Same as Ash's 4B motion. Moves horizontally through air either forwards or backwards depending on stick direction. Opponent is left with hit detection if they're hit in the air. Can be canceled from Jump A, C or CD excluding short hops. 50 Damage.
Kiyoku no tsuki
Projectile. A has no range, comes out relatively fast. Good recovery, about even when blocked done after a normal C in close range. Opponent is left with hit detection if they're hit in the air. C version goes Diagonally upwards, feels like a Raijinken that lasts shorter. Mainly used for combos. Both are 60 damage. EX version splashes ink-like stuff in front which is kind of like Magaki's shockwave, but with more horizontal range. Might hit about 6-8 times in full. Can't think of effective ways of using this at current time.
Hanetsurube no nata
Flash Kick. B version hits once, comes out fast enough to connect from a weak but has no invincibility, can't be used as an anti-air since it only has hit detection on bottom at startup. D version hits twice, and holding on the button does an additional attack from warp and does good damage. Comes out relatively fast. Haven't checked if it's usable as anti-air. EX version is probably an anti-air but haven't checked.
with any button.
A warp move. A = warp in front, B = same location, C= back. D button makes him warp in air and he can do a normal or a special from there as well.
Move name Unknown
Looks like XI Ash's far D. Has good reach, hits crouching opponents. The opponent will fall on ground on a hit but they'll still have hit detection. B version is fast and connects from a weak. D version connects from a feirce and he warps in air if the button is held, can be connected to 4B at corner. EX version connects from fierce, causes wire damage when hit. D button can be held to warp in air but its location changes on distance and doing a good combo from there seems hard. All three are not safe on block.
Tokoyami no fune
Multi-hit projectile that stops after moving forward a bit. Doesn't stop when it hits the opponent so it might not all hit if opponent is in close range.
Move name Unknown
A 5-hit ranbu move that starts off from a weak flash kick. If it hits, Saiki attacks while warping and ends with him and the opponent trading locations. Has invincibility on startup but its hit detection is low.
2 Hit move. Drops down from air like Seth's motion after a short moment. Opponent falls to the ground if it hits, Saiki stops time and stomps them. Can be used to Max Cancel.
Kyoryuu no ori
Command throw with short range, EX version available.
Neomax. Does full screen attack after transforming to his red naked state. Does about 50 chip damage. Not too fast, goes well with x2+K in Air move.
Combo and Setups Guide by Urasia
Playing Guide by Toxic Avanger
- His short jumps are very special. While doing a short jump you can't be cancel a command move (so no jab -> command move) but you can cancel attack -> DM. His air cancelable move are the A, C and the CD. As usual, while in HD move all of his moves become super cancelable.
- Jumping forward to is a good bait at the proper long distance, you can also bait some "roll of the corner" roll escapes against jump with it. we also have ~ , it can be a good overhead with very quick inputting and from zero range, but if you miss input this the move won't hit due to range and you are likely to get punished. Edit -> it turns that is not an overhead, but people in my age rage ate because it's not something they are used to.
- His move isn't invincible, his one is. This move has a lot of forward range so it feels strange when catching the enemy from so afar. For example if an enemy blocks the D one at point blank, Saiki will land behind them, that usually can screw up some punishments since it's odd (I know that as Raiden, I had problems with it since I usually combo the EX tackle and that feature screwed up the charge). The doesn't means that you are not going to be punished.
- His recovers kinda quickly but is very slow to come out, this is so because the black fire first "forms" itself and then moves forward, for example if you are playing point blank against a character that has quick fireball, if you try to use this to collide with the quick fireball, it might go through your fire while it's forming itself. If you are hit while the ball is forming it doesn't come out, so there are no 00 style unblokables here for us to exploit. is very quick and is kinda suited for anti air~ing if you can get used to it, but there are better anti air options anyway. The EX version has no range and is only useful for some corner combos, but it adds too much scaling to my liking. Unlike Ash you can't add more hits after comboing the A fireball in the corner.
- I found myself using his teleport a lot when I was hit confirming things. For example when hit confirming cls to , if I noticed that they were blocking I changed the to a teleport by adding . Some characters can punish that though, but still feels kinda fun. Be sure to always use or when doing crouching attacks, else the teleport will come out accidentally. The teleport input is always but can never be nor . If you use some pressure strings such as cr into fireball, and if the enemy rolls them without a stock, if you use cr into A teleport, that can create an advantageous circumstance, specially if you can bait an invincible DM afterwards.
- All of his DMs are kinda strong, but when it comes to this game most players don't use DMs to fight but rather EX moves, so that adds a little risk to his playing style. Contrarily his EX moves are a little bit difficult to use or to place.
- His air DM is an over head, that means that you can try to insta overhead it by doing tsubame gaeshing it, however since it's a DM and it has a DM flash that isn't advisable as they are likely to caught on quickly, further more the DM leaves you open if blocked. Sadly Saiki can't overhead it like Leona can since none of his jumping attacks will hit a crouching enemy when the jump is rising from the ground. Not even against Raiden. BTW, this DM actually stops time, so that means that it's great for Max cancelling as in since time is stopped, your HD bar doesn't decrease.
- His grab DM has llittle range and is hard to place, but when you have to grab is better to have an inescapable throw there than none. I'm not sure if it eats through attacks like most command throws do.
- His DM is his strongest defensive move, it has less range than the but with obvious more damage.
- They really, really tried to make his DM not that strong, it takes a lot to come out and it doesn't travel a lot. It's kinda ok for some short super cancels on the corner, but since the move doesn't stay out long you can do the same strategical uses that Ash has by chasing it. Don't think that you are going to throw the DM and then teleport behind the enemy, since the teleport is too slow, those type of strategies are easy to escape.
- His Neomax needs roughly a second before covering the whole screen. You might be able to catch some jumpers or something from full screen afar, but once you get good at using his Regular DMs and drive cancels you won't like the idea of burning that many resources for less than half bar damage.
When it combat, my Saiki usually walks around hit confirming cr s into cls s and other stuff, usually from afar you get to poke with far into fireball or a cr into fireball. Be careful that the far -> doesn't combo at maximum range, and you are pretty much in for pain if that move gets blocked. Asides from those 2 hit pokes you have the DMs to stop enemy attacks (I already got some hatemail for doing that a lot ) and the usual "bait" game with either slow fireballs that you are going to chase after or with some kara cancel air moves and or group attack -> teleport.
The important thing is to learn when to use the air command move (as in, how deep and things like that), learn to hit confirm your moves (since anything but the fireball leaves you open when blocked) and learn when you have to teleport where, that can take some time getting used to.
Combo by Bala 1007 2 stock full hd
Combo Video by Infiltration
Combos (many of these are a handful because they don't rely on loops) :
Weak, but your standard hit confirm combo. I usually do the to hit, but if you are close you can replace it with a and follow up. If the first two attacks are blocked you really can't hit with anything.
- cls , cls , -> ,
The standard combo, does pretty good damage. I actually find easier to use a standing A rather than a crouching one. Just like Duolon, you not only have to confirm if you are hitting or not but also you need to confirm to which side you passed to when you teleport. if the cls C hits really from point blank, then you have to reverse the DM sequence or it will whiff. if you have no bar you can do a cls -> or a at the end instead.
- cr , -> , -> , ->
Pretty much the standard combo after 2 jumping attacks (pretty much everything else whiffs sans corner). you can add something better instead of the last and I really want to try if by drive cancelling this becomes a more interesting and strong combo.
- cls , -> -> (air) -> , , , ,
Corner combo, kinda weak for all the moves involved, but oh well. You can replace the last move with another DM if you want to use more bar of with the if you are in close range (be careful that it can whiff if you don't input it properly). Be careful with the height, if you screw it up the super cancel will whiff.
- cls , -> -> (air) -> , , -> -> (air) . ,
A more advanced version of the previous combo, in order to get the Qcf C drive cancel you need to hold down C after performing the B.
- cr , cr , , -> -> (air) ->
Also a corner combo, you can also replace the last one for something much better.
- cls -> HD mode -> cls , [ -> , ] x 4, ,
Also a corner combo, a brain dead HD combo that I came up with in like 40 seconds and kinda like the only thing that I can sort of pull out. If you want to end it with a Max cancel you need to do the link x3 instead, and finish it with and the max cancel. That doesn't use the bar to it's fullest, but it's there, I really need to check what better things he can do.
- cls -> HD Mode -> cls , -> -> -> , , , -> , , -> -> -> -> -> , -> -> -> air -> air ->
The Current corner combo I pull off, it doesn't do as much damage as the brain damage HD combo from above, but it has the maximum amount of inputs that I have been able to perform and thus is dirt fun. In order to max cancel you have to stop during the second D teleport and cancel it with an air DM and the NeoMax. Maybe you can do back + b and air DM and neo max, I haven't trying it yet.
B is safe
but D is lethal
and EX to go through fireballs
j A, B
B is nice and fast but is not invincible – D version is but what a slow start up – B version hits where D will not.
A goes a step backwards
B goes a hop screen fowards
C goes half screen forwards
D goes into the air
The biggest problem for a player is quickly judging which teleport to use when connecting with a D or BD, since when you hold the corresponding button down after the kick connects, Saiki will teleport into that position – note that some combos are very range specific.
Doing this simple combo:
C > D > hold C > B
Saiki will appear in front of the opponent
As soon as you do a far C, or add a jumping D, Saiki will then appear BEHIND the opponent, meaning you need to switch direction.
A/C have slow start up but once they leave, Saiki is pretty much free to move. It’s too slow to use in projectile face/off. Saiki is better off jumping and using /bk and B to avoid landing on any.
B is safe for cB poking
D good for combos but too slow from c B
EX hmmm too confusing and I’d save the stock for more damaging combos
Saiki is a monster that thrives on HD energy.
j D, C, D, hold C, B, hold C, C hold C, D hold D, 466
The problem lies with his combos and tactics being very range specific.
Remembering the range of his teleports as mid screen things can get very confusing - for you and your opponent.
If you were to do the above combo mid screen, you would need to switch sides mid combo...
After the D, His air B allows another juggle
D > hold B > B 126
D > hold D > B > B 170
Again, it's corner dependent so Saiki users have to constantly consider range and position.
Note that the B wont let you juggle, but only because of the hit box of the B
A decent simple combo
c Bx3 D hold D
C > D > hold C > B 247 (remember if you push opponent back with extra or far hits Saiki will then teleport behind them)
J D > C > D > hold C > x2 D 375 (322 without jump D)
J D > C > D > hold C > B xx x2 D 427 (377 without jump D)
D > x2 D
j C > C > D > hold D > (air) B > D hold D
c Bx2 > AC > D > hold D > B > D > hold D
Full Drive no stock
J D > C > D > hold C > B > hold C > B > hold C > D > hold D 481
J D > C > D > hold C > B > hold C > A > B > hold C > A > D > hold D 542
Full drive 1 stock
J D > C > D > hold C > B > hold C > A > B > hold C > A > x2 D 620
fortunately there is no move for C, so you can buffer this to combo his x2 DM
C > C
You can use HD bypass too for an easy NM combo
C > BC xx AC 657
don’t forget you could just go into HD mode and grab and then get the NM… for a nasty mixup – and while it’s the weakest dm - it gives you life back.
C > BC xx AC 523
C > BC > hold A > AC 573
c Bx2 x2 BC xx AC 649 (with standing D takes 694)
c B x 3 > B > hold C > A > D
c B x2 B > hold C > A > D > hold D xx x2 D 412
best way to use his x2 C is with
c Bx2 B xx x2 C B hold C > A > D 343
Inflicting damage, as cheaply and safely as possible
c Bx3 B does 136 damage and is safe on block
you can extend it with D, hold D, for 233 damage but this would cost you 50% drive and it's corner only
a wiser move would be super cancelling into x2 for 316
he can't cancel his EX BD
but he can EX BD for 175 - not worth it
he can drive cancel B into x2 B for 351 but imo not worth it as it eats all your HD
However he can drive cancel into a teleport....
Easy NM combo (after some practice)
3 stocks full HD
C > C > BC xx C > A > B > hold C > A > B > hold C > A > x2 B > AC
again keep an eye on your distance - don't advance too close or the a will miss
An easier version is just to do > hold C > B > hold C...
EASY BYPASS COMBOS
D > C > BC > AC
D > C > BC > x2 C > AC
Oops just noticed j C takes 70 while j D takes 68 – could be a priority issue – normally the case.
Standard HD combos
j C, C, BC, C, D > hold A xx AC > AC = 868 4 stocks
the EX grab has super range in comparison to the standard, which is why you must use 4 stocks. Not worth it but fun to see.
You can’t use a bypass in this combo because the B lifts the opponent off the ground.
BC, B, hold A, C
tack on some cancels and we start to really dish out damage
Explanations of damage
D, hold D xx x2 = 268
Dxxqcfx2 = 252
Now let’s take it to the next level
Long ass combos
1 stock full HD 620 corner only
J D > D > D > hold C > B > hold C > A > B > hold C > A > x2 D – 620
Full HD 2 stocks 850 damage corner only
D > D > BC xx B > hold C > A > B > hold C > A > B > hold C > A > B > hold C > AC 870
Don’t end with a A because the NM won’t juggle in time
I WANT TO KILL THEM
3 stocks full HD 940 damage corner only
C > C > BC xx B xx hold C > A > B > hold C > A > B > hold C > A > x2 B > AC
MOST LIKELY TO KILL THEM
3 stocks full HD 918 damage corner only
c Bx3 > BC xx B xx hold C > A > B xx hold C > A > B xx hold C > x2 B > AC
I NEED TO BREAK THEIR GUARD AND KILL THEM
3 stocks full HD
Go into HD
Empty hop or jump, x2 BC > AC
(yes they can see this coming, but if they try to jump out and you mix it up with the c B combo above, they’re dead)
Did you know?
If Saiki connects with his far C, he can combo his x2 AC
It has good priority and cancels into anything
His crouching C is pretty much instant and so far seems to beat Kyo after blocking (Kyo’s) B scissor kicks. It also cancels so you can do A afterwards as part of an anti air
His teleport is CRAP
There are cool looking combos you could do such as:
C > C > BC xx A > B xx x2 c> A > B xx hold C > A > B xx hold C > D xx hold D > x2 > AC 877
but a) x2 on ground hurts 10 points more than the aerial one
b) using x2 scales your damage down
Qcb AC can be used as a full screen projectile killer