I think Athena has some things going for her.
She's not nearly as powerful as in 2k2 but still I think she has fun changes to her
I don't think she will turn out to be a tourney winner but still, hehe.
- Athena definately has to be played as leader. Don't start arguing that there are better leaders than her: YES there are. I'm just saying if you want to play her for fun at least use her as leader.
- ....as a result her LDM is da bomb. You have to battery up stocks and then spend them with the MASSIVE damage her LDM does.
- can combo LDM after c.B x2 (!) which is nice.
- with good timing you can do the LDM after the command grab but I think the latter is pretty crap. Sad that they didn't make it comboable after at least one normal.
- LDM after standalone f+B (2) is possible without any problems.
- LDM does MASSIVE damage. If you are playing Athena work on all possible setups for this. If you are thinking about a long combo with QS to Athena then go for it. QS-in Athena and do j.B, c.B xx LDM. The LDM scales VERY WELL meaning the damage throughput it excellent.
- when doing jump-in combos you can directly go for the f+B after landing. For ex. j.D, f+B (2) (launches then!!) -> whatever. Damage is pretty low if not going for LDM but can do qcb+C. Hits. Just do late.
- I find air teleports more confusing for myself than anything else. I think I wouldn't use it. But I guess there is a hidden use for it which I haven't found out, yet. What's been said above about doing it after f+B makes sense. I will try that out.
- I think ground teleport still has a little invulnerability.
- standing far C and crouch C still seem excellent.
- ahhh btw. n.C seems worse this KoF around. Should maybe get used to n.D because then you can reliably do a BnB like n.D, f+B (2) xx dp+C
That's if for now.
I think she could be fun in medium serious casual battles
Will definately try her out more.