A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron
Re: Exploding Goldfish (Translation) Thread

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Mar 12, 2012 07:12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Index
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ash Crimson

Ryo Sakazaki
Robert Garcia
Takuma Sakazaki

Terry Bogard
Andy Bogard
Higashi Joe

Ralf Jones
Clark Still
Leona Heidern

Mai Shiranui
King
Yuri Sakazaki

Billy Kane

Kim
Hwa Jai
Raiden

Athena Asamiya
Sie Kensou
Chin Gentsai

K'
Kula Diamond
Maxima

Iori Yagami
Mature
Vice

Kyo Kusanagi
Benimaru Nikaido
Goro Daimon

Iori with the power of flames

Nests style Kyo

Mr Karate

Elisabeth Blanctorche
Duo Lon
Shen Woo

Saiki

Saiki (Boss)

Evil Ash

Additional Notes
ETC info about the translations, take as some sort of "foot notes" for some words that can be too broad on usage and a pain to understand, it's here.

Concepts, these are words that are not properly "used" by the characters but are concepts that can help to understand some things better. here

Temporary Notice

Remember to check the start of the thread, I updated a bunch of explanations about some words and concept on earlier reserved posts, you can find the direct links in the index at the top of this page or the previous one. I last updated those explanations this week, so even if you caught on them some time ago a bunch of new things are going to be there now. I plan to kinda update them regularly as I have time as there is a bunch of things that I want to rant / explain about.

Also, remember that this thread was designed for the original purple layout. If you have one of the new layouts configured the pictures are shewed up and thus you can't see the whole text unless you paste the links in another tab. 不幸だ
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Thu Feb 28, 2013 02:12, edited 29 times in total.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Mar 12, 2012 07:21

King over here.

Fighting Style : Muay Thai
Birthplace : France
Birthdate : April 8
Height : 175cm
Weight : 58kg
Blood Type : A
Sizes : 86/57/85
Hobby : Wine glass collection , Creating original cocktails
Favorite Food : Vegetables , Wine
Forte in sports : Billiard
Important things : Younger Brother (Jean) , Her Cat (Maron)
Disliked things : Filthy Guys (Jack)

* Jack refers to Jack Turner, the fat biker guy from AoF 1 & 2

Movelist
Hook Buster
Sliding

Venom Strike
Kuuchuu Venom Strike -> 空中ベノムストライク -> (Mid)Air Venom Strike
Trap Shot
Tornado Kick '95

Surprise Rose
Double Strike
Venom Shot

* Shouldn't it be Shoot? or is it like an injection?

Ikoma Harumi

Born in Osaka, Blood type A and 164 ctms on height, affiliated with Jproductions; she is over her 40s now. Enjoys Tennis, Golf & Skiing

She has had a long hand in the VA business and has been working with SNK ever since 1992 with the first Art of Fighting (She voiced Yuri in the ending, I'm not sure about King). Her works with the company might even predate that.

She usually works in the Osaka area, but some of her works have forced her to travel between Osaka and Tokyo constantly. Since she usually sticks to Osaka her job list looks more like a bunch of odd jobs, with some really important side roles snuck up here and there, she has done Commercials, radio shows and some voices in anime, but most of her resume is filled with SNK roles, not only the amount of voices and reprisals she has done are insane, but she is usually hired to do "outside the game events" when there are, like taking part in band fighters, being one of the voices of SNK pro ecology campaign (it was actually pretty big and it was the first time that a game company did something meaningful to society; I think that there are still some posters over in Osaka and they are treasured as a rarity), she also had to be a radio host, she had showed at game expositions; and a bunch of other events that I can't even remember well; SNK did a lot of those events in the 90s when the NeoGeo popularity peaked and she was usually there.

Source : jwiki & stuff that I read about.

Profile at Jproductions // PDF that needs japanese support.
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Fri Apr 27, 2012 00:22, edited 2 times in total.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Tue Mar 13, 2012 00:40

Couple of comments about your translations so far (haven't really verified the accuracy but from what I've skimmed it doesn't look too off):

1) Japanese doesn't really have spaces, so when you're typing out the kana/kanji you don't need to put spaces between words.
2) The particle 'wa' (written as 'ha') is usually romanised as 'wa' rather than 'ha', to the best of my knowledge.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Tue Mar 13, 2012 06:15

SonicTempest wrote:Couple of comments about your translations so far (haven't really verified the accuracy but from what I've skimmed it doesn't look too off):

1) Japanese doesn't really have spaces, so when you're typing out the kana/kanji you don't need to put spaces between words.
2) The particle 'wa' (written as 'ha') is usually romanised as 'wa' rather than 'ha', to the best of my knowledge.
A this, for 1, well let's say that someone that has no clue about kana and kanji and stuff like that sees this :
Shiranui Mai -> 不知火 舞
Even without knowing anything, one could sorta guess that the first 3 characters are for Shiranui and that Mai is simply the last one. So basically it's like that, one of the hardest entries that I had when "getting" into words and stuff was that I had absolutely no clue on when something started and when something finished :lol: Using a name is a "dirty" example since names are "direct translation" and most dialogs are about interpretation and stuff, but that's the whole point of me adding the kana: it's because I want people that are curious about it to check what they know or can find out something about; because it's a fact that there are things "beyond the text"....

.... So, while I understand that it's not like that; I'm adding spaces anyway because it's easier for me to look at things later and if one really wants to, can investigate on his own what each word is about using web dictionaries or machine translators, or something. Then again I'm probably thinking too much as this thread is only visited by google bots and stuff.
Thinking about it I should actually put a notice for this somewhere, along with other stuff that I had forgotten how to.

As for 2..... Would you let me go if I do puppy eyes? That's actually one of the things that should have been engraved into me subconsciously and haven't; so they are slips up. I had a lot of bad habits like this, like how I some times just transcribe " ō " differently every time and I don't keep congruency. In fact some times I just leave it as " o " and that's.... Well, supposedly, wrong. When I'm actually further down the road I plan on rechecking things and change some mistakes that might be here and there, but since right now I don't have that many characters done I rather rush up things a bit, thus I don't dwell that much on what's done.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Thu Mar 15, 2012 17:22

Sakazaki Yuri -> 坂崎 百合
Kanjis conpounding name : 坂 "Hill" , 崎 "Promontory" , 百 "Hundred" , 合 "well fitted" (as in, it falls perfectly into a place)
however 百合 together means "Lily" and makes more sense thinking it like that since flowers are popular for names.
Kanjis conpounding Kyokugen Ryuu Karate : 極 "Extreme" , 限 "Limit" , 流 "Style"
空 "Sky" , 手 "Hand". Though Karate should be considered as "empty hand" (as in no weapons)

I once read that Yuri incorporates some of the "Kochi dialect" in her speech, but I'm not good at recognizing if that's true or not. Also or maybe as a consequence, Yuri ends some of her words with a " -cchi " suffix, which is meant to add a particular tone. I won't go out of my way to try to phrase out her words in a similar strange and unique accented fashion, I'd rather just remind you that her own unique speaking traits are there.

Catch Copy :
Dialog : Honpu nara hien
Kana : 奔放 なる 飛燕
Meaning : "Uninhibited Swallow"
Notes : I'm having a hard time with this, should be something like "the unrestricted (she) who is know as a swallow (bird)"

Selection Screen 1 :
Dialog : Uoーっsu!
Kana : うおーっす!
Meaning : "Osu!"
No : Sample 36
Notes : As I said, her pronunciation es kinda.... "personal"

Selection Screen 2 :
Dialog : Babitto yattsukechau zo
Kana : バビッと やっつけちゃう ぞ
Meaning : "I'll be done with you quickly"
No : Sample 37

Front Roll :
Dialog : Yoっ
Kana : よっ
No : Sample 16

Roll Recovery :
Dialog : Hotto
Kana : ほっと
Meaning : "Sight"
No : Sample 17
Notes : "Sight" as in, sign of relief; not the sight of the eye.

Standing up :
Dialog : Uosu!
Kana : うおす!
Meaning : "Osu!"
No : Sample 19

Taunt :
Dialog : Buiー!
Kana : ぶいー!
Meaning : "V!"
No : Sample 20
Notes : Dialog only for one of the 3 taunts.

Blow Back attack :
Dialog : Daー!
Kana : だぁー!
No : Sample 5

Hyper Drive Mode :
Dialog : * No Dialog *

Throw Escape :
Dialog 1 : Urya!
Kana : うりあぁ!
No : Sample 3
Dialog 2 : Ya!
Kana : やぁ!
No : Sample 4

Stun :
Dialog : Huu
Kana : ふぅ
No : Sample 18

Soft KO :
Dialog : Uu!······
Kana : うう!······
No : Sample 14

Hard KO :
Dialog : Otou-san Gomeーn!
Kana : お父さん ごめーん!
Meaning : "I'm sorry, Father!"
No : Sample 13
Notes : Technically, it could be "great father", the "O" before Tou-san is supposed to add a tone of respect.

Oni Harite :
Dialog : Eーi
Kana : えーい
No : Sample 6

Tsubame Otoshi :
Dialog : Seーi
Kana : せーい
No : ----
Notes : I couldn't find it. Maybe it's sample 30 played from the halfway on, but it doesn't sound like it.

Yuri Raijin Kyaku :
Dialog : Yaー!
Kana : やー!
No : Sample 27

Enyoku :
Dialog : Daー!

Saiha :
Dialog : Saiha
Kana : 砕破
Meaning : "Great Wave"
Notes : More than using the reading of the kanji's, I'm using the actual karate term Saiha.
The karate term can also imply "extreme destruction", which is how the kanji-s are read (but not how I'm using it).

Ko-ou Ken :
Dialog : Ko-ou Ken!
Kana : 虎煌 拳!
Meaning : "Tiger-Gleam fist!"
No : Sample 24

Kuuga :
Dialog : Chou Upper!
Kana : ちょう アッパ!
Meaning : "Super Upper"
No : Sample 28 , 29
Notes : Obviously, pronounced as 'appa'
Dialog : Dossei!
Kana : どっせい!
No : Sample 30
Notes : Is a grunt used on sumo, she surely is joking around. Only heard for the EX version.

Raiou Ken :
Dialog : Raiou Ken
Kana : 雷煌 拳
Meaning : "Thunder Gleam First (technique)"
No : Sample 26

Air Raiou Ken :
Dialog : Raiou Ken
Kana : 雷煌 拳
Meaning : "Thunder Gleam First (technique)"

Hyakuretsu Binta :
Dialog : Konnooo
Kana : こんのおぉぉ
Meaning : "Why This"
No : Sample 25
Notes : Only heard when it grabs.

Houyoku :
Dialog : * No dialog *
Notes : This move can be followed up by the air Raiou Ken , Tsubame Otoshi, Raijin Kyaku or the Souha.
Only the Souha has a semi "new" dialog, the other ones are the same as the stand alone versions.

Hien Souha :
Dialog : Eーi
Kana : えーい

Haoh Sho Koh Ken :
Dialog : Haoh Sho Koh Ken!
Kana : 覇王 翔 吼 拳!
Meaning : "Supreme King Flying Roaring Fist (technique)!"
No : Sample 31

Hien Houhou Kyaku :
Dialog 1 : Hien Houhou Kyaku
Kana : 飛燕 鳳凰 脚
Meaning : "Flying Phoenix Kick"
No : Sample 32
Notes : I have said this before, but hien is a skillful & neat way of flying, not simply "flying".
Dialog 2 : Daー!
Dialog 3 : ··· CHESUTO!!
Kana : ··· チェスト!!
No : Sample 33
Notes : Dialog 1 is always there. Dialog 2 is the last hit of the normal version and dialog 3 is the last hit for the EX.

Haoh Raiou Ken :
Dialog 1 : Kyokugen-Ryuu Ougi!
Kana : 極限流 奥義!
No : Sample 34
Meaning : "Kyokugen-Style Secret Technique!"
Dialog 2 : Seーi! Yoyuu-cchi!
Kana : せーい よゆうっち!
Meaning : "Sei! Too easy!"
No : Sample 35 , 21
Dialog 3 : Yatta ne!
Kana : やった ね!
Meaning : "Horray!"
No : Sample 22
Notes : Vs Kyokugens

Victory Pose 1 :
Dialog : Yoyuu-cchi
Kana : よゆうっち
Meaning : "Too easy"
No : Sample 21

Victory Pose 2 :
Dialog : Yatta ne!
Kana : やった ね!
Meaning : "Horray!"
Notes : Vs Kyokugens

Additional info here
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Sat Mar 02, 2013 07:26, edited 5 times in total.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Thu Mar 15, 2012 17:23

Yuri Sakazaki over here.

Fighting Style : Kyokugen-ryuu Karate + Own Arranges
Birthplace : Japan
Birthdate : December 7
Height : 168cm
Weight : 53kg
Sizes : 85/58/86
Hobby : Karaoke
Favorite Food : Shortcake
Forte in sports : SoftBall
Important things : Memento Earrings gotten from her mother
Disliked things : Octopus , Indecisive people.

She calls her mother "Mama", remember that in Japan there are like 20 forms of calling a relative. Mama is a fairly childlish one, that kinda implies that Yuri was really close to her in a "being spoiled" type of way.
Softball is a type of baseball that is played supposedly with "softer rules". In popular media is supposedly a popular sport between japanese female teenagers (like baseball is popular between male teenagers).

Movelist
Oni Harite -> 鬼はり手 -> Demon Slapper
Tsubame Otoshi -> 燕落とし -> Swallow Drop
Yuri Raijin Kyaku -> ユリ雷神脚 -> Yuri Thunder God Kick
Enyoku -> 燕翼 -> Swallow Wing

Saiha -> 砕破 -> Great Wave
Ko-ou Ken -> 虎煌拳 -> Tiger-Gleam Fist (technique)
Hyakuretsu Binta -> 百烈ビンタ -> One Hundred Violent Slaps
Kuuga -> 空牙 -> Sky Fang
Yuri Chou Upper -> Yuri Super Upper // Alternative name for the Kuuga
Raiou Ken -> 雷煌拳 -> Thunder Gleam First (technique)
Kuuchuu Raiou Ken -> 空中雷煌拳 -> (mid)Air Raiou Ken (technique)
Houyoku -> 鳳翼 -> Phoenix Wing
Hien Souha -> 飛燕爪破 -> Mid air claw of the flying Swallow

Haoh Sho Koh Ken -> 覇王翔吼拳 -> Supreme King Flying Roaring Fist (technique)
Hien Houhou Kyaku -> 飛燕鳳凰脚 -> Flying Phoenix Kick
Haoh Raiou Ken -> 覇王雷煌拳 -> Supreme King Thunder Gleam Fist (technique)

I have say this before, "Hien" is a graceful form of flying taken after the Hien bird, which also was used as the name of a plane. In fact, Yuri plays around a lot name wise with the kanji of swallow.
Also, again, I'm assuming that Saiha is interpreted as the karate kata "the great wave" and not it's direct kanji meaning ( extreme destruction ), the karate kata supposedly implies extreme destruction but does not literally express it, that's a big difference.

Horie Kaori

Hails from Osaka and Formerly known as Horie Kaori [ 堀江かおり ] , in other words the change that she did was taking out the kanji out of her name (I don't know the details, but in some cases doing stuff like that is like cutting ties family wise, while in some other cases is just the guy wanting to have a more original name or something).

I think that right "now" she has virtually not done any job outside Yuri related things. I read on an english site that she released a single called Pop joy in the 2000, but I'm actually almost sure that the actual force behind Pop Joy was Ikehara Ryuu. Kaori Horie simply took part on Pop Joy, but that was just that; she has a single called "Now on sale" released on the '00 as well and besides those two works I don't think she has any other album. Ikehara supposedly has a music association meant to help young and inexperienced people, Kaori is apparently part of that.

She has a degree from Yale Business college on "business computer typesetting". She worked on the educational japanese NHK show いってみようやってみよう , "Let's see it, let's try it", from '97 to '03, despise that huge length work and some others, her TV works aren't as many as her CMs. I think that she now works as a freelancer and isn't affiliated to a talent agency.

Source : Yuri Sakazaki Museum , jwiki.
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Wed Feb 06, 2013 09:44, edited 4 times in total.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Mar 19, 2012 06:03

Billy Kane
Catch Copy :
Dialog : Koutei no Katoude
Kana : 帝王 の 片腕
Meaning : "Emperor's Right-Hand Man"
Notes : If you don't get it, Geese has called himself emperor several times, however from the zillion of ways for saying emperor,
Geese never use Koutei to address himself (Krauser did).

Selection Screen :
Dialog : Hey Hey Hey!
Kana : ヘイヘイヘイ!

Front Roll :
Dialog : Heっ
Kana : へっ

Roll Recovery :
Dialog : Haっ
Kana : はっ

Standing up :
Dialog 1 : Chiッ
Kana : チッ
Meaning : "Tsk"
No : Sample 19 , 20

Taunt :
Dialog : Hey Hey Hey!
Kana : ヘイヘイヘイ!

Blow Back attack :
Dialog : Haiーyaっ
Kana : はいーゃっ

Hyper Drive Mode :
Dialog : Hey C'mon!
Kana : ヘイ カモン!

Throw Escape :

Stun :
Dialog 1 : Chiiiッ
Kana : チィィッ

Soft KO :
Dialog : Guhaっ… Aa…
Kana : ぐはっ…あぁ…

Hard KO 1 :
Dialog : Guoooooo
Kana : ぐぁぁあああ
No : Sample 12

Hard KO 2 :
Dialog : GyaaaaaAA
Kana : ぎゃぁあああ

Jigoku Otoshi :

Dai Kanten-Geri :
Dialog 1 : Iyaっ!
Kana : いやぁっ!
Dialog 2 : Haiーっ
Kana : はいーっ

Sao Uchi :

Boutakatobi-Geri :
Dialog 1 : Iyaっ!
Kana : いやぁっ!
Dialog 2 : Haiーっ
Kana : はいーっ

Sansetsu Kon Chuudan Uehi :
Dialog 1 : Haiっ!
Kana : はぁぃっ!
Dialog 2 : HyaっHaーっ!
Kana : ひゃっはーっ!
No : Sample 23

Kaen Sansetsu Kon Chuudan Uehi :
Dialog : Fireーッ!
Kana : ファイヤーッ!

Suzume Otoshi :
Dialog : Uryaaっ!
Kana : うりゃあっ!
No : Sample 27 , 28

Senpuu Kon :
Dialog : Tuuryaー!
Kana : つうりゃぁー!
No : Sample 25 , 26

Kyoushuu Hishou Kon :
Dialog 1 : Huっ
Kana : ふっ
No : Sample 2
Dialog 2 : Kill Youッ!
Kana : キル ユーッ!
No : Sample 29 , 30
Notes : Dialog 1 isn't always heard.

Chou Kaen Senpuu Kon :
Dialog 1 : Hey C'mon! UryaaaaaA…
Kana : ヘイ カモン! うりゃぁぁあ…
No : Sample 31 , 32
Dialog 2 : Fireッ!
Kana : ファイヤーッ!

Dai Gurren Rasen Kon :
Dialog 1 : Are you Finished!?
Kana : ---
No : Sample 35 , 36
Notes : He actually pronounces "Are you Finish", but he doesn't mean that.
Dialog 2 : HAaーiッ!
Kana : ハァーイッ!
Notes : Dialog 2 is hard to make out due to the sound of the fire & hit effects.

Victory Pose :
Dialog : Nobody can stop me!
Kana : ---

Misc info here
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Mon Mar 19, 2012 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Mar 19, 2012 06:04

Billy Kane over here

Fighting Style : Staff Technique
Birthplace : England
Birthdate : December 25
Height : 179cm
Weight : 78kg
Blood Type : B
Hobby : Doing Laundry
Favorite Food : Sister's Home Cooking
Forte in sports : Pole Vault
Important things : Younger Sister (Lilly)
Disliked things : Dirtied Clothes

* His fighting style is described as Boujutsu, but the translation sounded more proper in my head for him. Supposedly this art originates from Ryuukuu islands, Japan.
It's good to be clean, har har.

Movelist
Jigoku Otoshi -> 地獄落とし -> Heel Drop
Dai Kanten-Geri -> 大回転蹴り -> Great Spinning-Kick
Sao Uchi -> 竿打ち -> Stricking Pole
Boutakatobi-Geri -> 棒高跳び蹴り -> Pole Vault Jumping Kick

Sansetsu Kon Chuudan Uechi -> 三節棍中段打ち -> Long Range Three Section Staff Strike
Kaen Sansetsu Kon Chuudan Uechi -> 火炎三節棍中段打ち -> Flaming Long Range Three Section Staff Strike
Suzume Otoshi -> 雀落とし -> Sparrow Drop
Senpuu Kon -> 旋風棍 -> Whirlwind Cane
Kyoushuu Hishou Kon -> -> 強襲飛翔棍 Soaring Violent Cane Attack

Chou Kaen Senpuu Kon -> 超火炎旋風棍 -> Super Flaming Whirlwind Cane
Dai Gurren Rasen Kon -> 大紅蓮螺旋棍 -> Great Crimson Spiraling Staff

* Suzume Otoshi is like "(attack that) knocks downs / drops Suzume birds (sparrows)
* Kon is from Konbou [ 棍棒 ] , which is a stick or club, thus I sometimes phrased it differently.

Seijirou

Hails from Osaka Shinishiku, he is a free and independent voice actor.

Certain tone of his narration used to be called "women flirting" and thus he was a good choice for voicing adds and CMs and shows aimed towards females; being a freelance he has actually done a lot of menial work such as voicing plants or birds or really small background characters. Being a freelance has also being one of his saving graces as he has managed to survive quite healthily for over 20 years in the Osaka area, currently he helps a casting agency, the Osaka institute of arts and animation.

He has openly professed that he "never wears the same outfit twice to one place" and thus he has displayed a quite resiliently changing sense of fashion, he usually commutes through bicycle, even claiming that it's as twice as fast than mobilizing oneself through the pubic transportation system (which can be quite hectic in Japan during rush hours).

Source : jwiki.
Twitter
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Fri Apr 27, 2012 00:48, edited 3 times in total.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Mar 26, 2012 07:01

Kim -> 김
I have no clue on what the korean character can mean. There is an alernative writing method in Hanja which is 金 , which reads as "Golden" in Japanese.
And yes, he lost his last name, so that's how it is, har har.

Catch Copy :
Dialog : Taekwon Do Sakai no Shihou
Kana : テコンドー 界 の 至宝
Meaning : "Taekwon Do's World's Most Valuable Asset"

Selection Screen 1 :
Dialog : Aku wa Yurusan!
Kana : 悪 は ゆるさん!
Meaning : "I won't forgive Evil!"
No : Sample 38

Selection Screen 2 :
Dialog : Ikuzo!
Kana : いくぞ!
Meaning : "Let's go"
No : Sample 39

Front Roll :
Dialog : Ha!
Kana : は!

Roll Recovery :
Dialog : Hun!
Kana : ふん!

Standing up :
Dialog 1 : Ha!
Dialog 2 : Hun!

Taunt :
Dialog 1 : Hun!
Dialog 2 : Ata!
Kana : アタ!
Dialog 3 : Nakanaka no Otemae!
Kana : なかなか の お手前!
Meaning : "Quite the extraordinary skills!"
Notes : When Tauntining, we have first there are 4 lines are picked at random from dialog 1 and 2, then the figth line is always dialog 3.
Yes, he is praising himself.

Blow Back attack :
Dialog : Achaー!
Kana : アチャー!

Hyper Drive Mode :

Throw Escape :

Stun :
Dialog : Uguu···
Kana : うぐぅぅ···

Soft KO :
Dialog : U!····· Uguu···
Kana : う!····· うぐぅぅ···
No : Sample 15

Hard KO 1 :
Dialog : Uaaaa!
Kana : うああぁぁぁ!

Hard KO 2 :
Dialog : Noaaaa!
Kana : のああぁぁぁ!

Sakkyaku Nage :
Dialog Sukiari!
Kana : スキあり!
Meaning : "Wide open!"
Notes : As in "your (denfensive) stance is full of holes!"

Naeryo Chagi :
Dialog : Nerichagi!
Kana : ねりチャギ!
Meaning : "Descending Kick"
No : Sample 24 , 25
Notes : Supposedly is korean, so I can't corroborate how correct "Descending / falling Kick" is.

Twio Yop Chagi :

Hangetsu Zan :
Dialog : Hangetsu Zan!
Kana : 半月 斬!
Meaning : "Half-moon Slice!"
No : Sample 26 , 27

Kuuchuu Hangetsu Zan :
Dialog : Hangetsu Zan!
Kana : 半月 斬!
Meaning : "Half-moon Slice!"
No : Sample 26 , 27

Hishou Kyaku :
Dialog : Aーtatatata!
Kana : あーたたたた!
No : Sample 30
Notes : Dialog is only there when the Normal version hits.

Hien Zan :
Dialog : Hien Zan!
Kana : 飛燕 斬!
Meaning : "Flying Slice"

Tsuika Kougeki :

Houou Kyaku :
Dialog 1 : Houou Kyaku!
Kana : 鳳凰 脚!
Meaning : "Phoenix Kick!"
Dialog 2 : Aーtatatata!
Dialog 3 : Achaー!
Notes : if the move doesn't hit, only dialog 1 can be heard.

Kuuchuu Houou Kyaku :
Dialog 1 : Houou Kyaku!
Kana : 鳳凰 脚!
Meaning : "Phoenix Kick!"
Dialog 2 : Aーtatatata!
Dialog 3 : Achaー!
Notes : if the move doesn't hit, only dialog 1 can be heard.

Houou Hiten Kyaku :
Dialog : Ha! TOA!
Kana : は! トア!
No : Sample 34 , 35

Zero-Shiki Houou Kyaku :
Dialog 1 : Ikuzo!
Kana : いくぞ!
Meaning : "Let's go"
Dialog 2: Haaaa!
Kana : はぁぁぁ!
Notes : Dialog 2 is only for the finishing kick.

Victory Pose 1 :

Victory Pose 2 :
Dialog : Aku wa Yurusan!
Kana : 悪 は ゆるさん!
Meaning : "I won't forgive Evil!"
Note : Versus evil characters.

Additional info here
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Mon Apr 16, 2012 08:54, edited 2 times in total.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Mar 26, 2012 07:02

Kim over Here

Fighting Style : Taekwon Do
Birthplace : Korea
Birthdate : December 21
Height : 176cm
Weight : 78kg
Hobby : Karaoke
Favorite Food : Yakiniku, Kimchi
Forte in sports : Gymnastics
Important things : Wife, his two kids
Disliked things : Evil

Movelist
Sakkyaku Nage -> 殺脚投げ -> Killing under-carry Throw
Naeryo Chagi -> Descending Kick
Twio Yop Chagi -> Yop Chagi is a side kick with the charp side of the ankle, Twio I think is "turning".

Hangetsu Zan -> 半月斬 -> Half-moon Slice
Kuuchuu Hangetsu Zan -> 空中半月斬 -> (Mid)air Half-moon Slice
Hishou Kyaku -> 飛翔脚 -> Flying / Soaring Kick
Hien Zan -> 飛燕斬 -> Flying Slice
Tsuika Kougeki -> 追加攻撃 -> Additional Attack

Houou Kyaku -> 鳳凰脚 -> Phoenix Leg
Kuuchuu Houou Kyaku -> 空中鳳凰脚 -> (Mid)air Phoenix Leg
Houou Hiten Kyaku -> 鳳凰飛天脚 -> Phoenix Rising Kick
Zero-Shiki Houou Kyaku -> 零式鳳凰脚 -> Zero-Type Phoenix Leg

Nagata Kazuhiko

Studied in Kansai Gaidai University he worked part time as a DJ, he actually climbed positions and now is the head DJ of the legendary disco "Maharaja" in the 80s. In the 90s he got involved with some Radio shows and Narrating CMs; right now he is in charge of the show "Beat goes on" under "Nagata Kazuhiko".
Due to his long career, he has an extensive knowledge about music, and as such his opinion about it is not taken lightly. He enjoys Music Appreciation, Ski, Golf, Marine Sports & Drum play at festivals.

Office Keyword profile
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Fri Apr 27, 2012 00:55, edited 2 times in total.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:09

Hwa Jai -> หัว ใจ
Don't ask me about the name interpretation, I don't even know the name of the type of writing that's used in Thailand.

Catch Copy :
Dialog : Kyouran no Muay Thai Fighter
Kana : 狂乱 の ムエタイ ファイター
Meaning : "The Crazy Muay Thai Fighter"

Selection Screen 1 :
Dialog : HyaッHaッHaッHaー
Kana : ヒャッハッハッハー

Selection Screen 2 :
Dialog : Hooooo
Kana : ホォォォオ
No : Sample 40

Front Roll :
Dialog : Shaッ
Kana : シャアッ

Roll Recovery :
Dialog : Hyaッha
Kana : ヒャッハ

Standing up :
Dialog : Ou
Kana : おう
No : Sample 10

Taunt :
Dialog : HyーAgaっ
Kana : ヒャーあがっ
No : Sample 27 , 6
Notes : I'm pretty sure that it's sample 27, but we can only heard the first sylable of it and then it gets cut.

Blow Back attack :
Dialog : Hoーa!
Kana : ホーア!

Hyper Drive Mode :
Dialog 1 : IyaッHou!
Kana : イヤッホゥー!
No : Sample 33, 34

Throw Escape :
Dialog 1 : IyaッHa!
Kana : イヤッハー!

Stun :
Dialog : FaFa! Uauaaa···
Kana : ファファ! うァうァァァ···

Soft KO :
Dialog : Ahu!······ Uuuu···
Kana : あふぅ!······ ううぅぅぅぅ···

Hard KO 1 :
Dialog : AIiiiii!
Kana : あいぃぃぃぃぃ!
No : Sample 12

Hard KO 2 :
Dialog : AAAaaa!
Kana : あああぁぁぁ!

Kubizumou Hiza-Jigou :
Dialog : Hya! HyA! HyaッHa!
Kana : ヒャ! ヒャア! ヒャッハ!
No : Sample 20 , 21 , 22

Sliding :
Dialog : Hya!
Kana : ヒャア!
Notes : I'm actually not sure on which sample goes here. Maybe an unlisted one?

Dragon Kick :
Dialog 1 : Dragon Kick!
Kana : ドラゴン キック!
No : Sample 23 , 24
Dialog 2 : Dragon KiッーHaッHa!
Kana : ドラゴン キッーハッハ!
Dialog 3 : Dragon KiッーHaッHaッHae!
Kana : ドラゴン キッーハッハッハェ!
Notes : Dialog 2 and 3 are only for the drunken Normal Dragon Kick (not the EX one).
For the EX one, only the first one is a ground Dragon kick, the follow ups use the dialog for the air Dragon Kick.

Kuuchuu Dragon Kick :
Dialog : IyaッHou!
Kana : イヤッホゥゥ!
No : 27 , 28
Notes : For the EX one, the dialog is given once per kick.

Dragon Tail :
Dialog : Sha!!
Kana : シャア!!
Notes : For the EX one, the dialog is repeated twice.

Bakuretsu Ken :
Dialog : Sharararara!
Kana : シャラララララ!

Bakuretsu Finish :
Dialog : Sha!!
Kana : シャア!!

Drink Nomi :
Dialog 1 : IyaッHou!
Kana : イヤッホゥー!
No : Sample 33, 34
Dialog 2 : Buhaー!
Kana : ブハー!
Notes : Dialog 2 happens every time you go into neutral stance after drinking.

Dragon Dance :
Dialog 1 : Dragon Kick!
Kana : ドラゴン キック!
Dialog 2 : ····· IyaッHouー!
Kana : ····· イヤッホゥー!
No : Sample 28
Notes : The EX one gives Dialog 2 twice.

Dragon Back Breaker :
Dialog 1 : IyaッHa!
Kana : イヤッハー!
Dialog 2 : Dragon Back Breaker!
Kana : ドラゴン バック ブリーカー!
No : Sample 35
Dialog 3 : Dragon Back BreaーHyaッHaッHaッHa!
Kana : ドラゴン バック ブリーヒャッハッハッハ!
Notes : Dialog 1 is the throw attempt, Dialog 2 is for the normal version and 3 for the drunken

Final Dragon Kick :
Dialog 1 : Final ・ Dragon Kick! HaーHaッHaッHaッHai!
Kana : ファイナル ・ ドラゴン キック! ハーハッハッハッハィ!
Dialog 2 : Final ・ Dragon KyaッーHaッHaッHaッHai!
Kana : ファイナル ・ ドラゴン キャアッーハッハッハッハィ!
Dialog 3 : HyaッHaッHaッHa!
Kana : ヒャッハッハッハ!
Notes : Ok, Dialog 1 is always there when the move whiffs, Dialog 2 is when the move hits drunken and clean (a single hit).
Dialog 3 is there when the normal version hits cleanly.

Victory Pose 1 :
Dialog : HyaッHaッHaッHa!
Kana : ヒャッハッハッハ!

Victory Pose 2 :
Notes : When he wins with his NeoMax, he keeps the crouching pose.

Additional info here
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:10, edited 5 times in total.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:10

Hwa Jai over here

Fighting Style : Muay Thai
Birthplace : Thailand
Birthdate : June 24
Height : 181cm
Weight : 70kg
Blood Type : AB
Hobby : Fishing
Favorite Food : Tom yun Goong made out of Cobra
Forte in sports : Marathon
Important things : A Picture of those championship days
Disliked things : Airplanes

Movelist
Kubizumou Hiza-Jigou -> 首相撲~膝地獄 -> Hell of Knee Strikes looking Face to Face
Sliding

Dragon Kick
EX Dragon Kick Tsuika -> EX Dragon Kick Follow up
Kuuchuu Dragon Kick -> 空中ドラゴンキック -> (Mid)air Dragon Kick
Kuuchuu EX Dragon Kick Tsuika -> 空中EXドラゴンキック追加 -> (Mid)Air EX Dragon Kick Follow up
Dragon Tail
Bakuretsu Ken -> 爆裂拳 -> Exploding Fists
Bakuretsu Finish -> 爆裂フィニッシュ -> Exploding Finish

Dragon Dance
Dragon Back Breaker
Drinking Nomi -> ドリンク飲み -> Ingesting Drink
Final Dragon Kick

* Drinking Nomi is actually "Drinking Drink", so I changed it a little. I don't know who made up that crap of calling the move "Drink pink", but that one never sounded right in my head.

Nagashiro Sounosuke

[[ This is the same info that was posted on Ash Crimson. This guy voices 5 characters here so this data is going to be repeated a lot :lol: ]]

Currently affiliated with TTB, or TV Talent Bureau; he is a voice actor that it's semi active in the Osaka Area.
Despise playing a main role in a fighting game as a debut, we have that he actually hasn't had a true breakthrough role that has pushed him to fame and has mostly small parts in TV ADs and Radio CMs.

I have always read rumors that he was training to be a Sushi cook and take over the family business, but that SNK got to know him by coincidence and pushing him over to try voice acting. While I haven't read too much about him to know if that's true or not, that would explain why SNK is so active into pushing roles for him.

Oh, and if you are asking, it's not unusual for voice actors to have more than 1 occupation; though for most famous VAs that other occupation is related to the industry (TV appearances, radio shows, signing, acting or something). If he never dropped the chef deal, that would make a lot of sense as he is not very active as a VA.

Nagashiro over TTB
His blog

Sources : jwiki, stupid things that I have read over the years.
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Fri Apr 27, 2012 01:00, edited 1 time in total.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Fri Apr 06, 2012 09:10

Raiden
Catch Copy :
Dialog : 暴走 重戦車
Kana : Bosou Juusensha
Meaning : "Out of control Heavy Tank"

Selection Screen 1 :
Dialog : I AM RAIDEN!
Kana : ア ・ イム ・ ライデン!
No : Sample 46

Selection Screen 2 :
Dialog : Fuッhuッhuhu!
Kana : フッフッフフ!
No : Sample 47

Front Roll :
Dialog : Fuu!
Kana : フゥ!

Roll Recovery :
Dialog : Nnn
Kana : ンン!

Standing up :
Dialog 1 : Fuu!
Kana : フゥ!
Dialog 2 : Hu
Kana : フ!
Dialog 3 : Hun
Kana : フン!
Notes : Since he only grunts here, besides the first one I'm not sure if those are the samples he uses.

Taunt :
Dialog : C'mon!
Kana : カモーン!
No : Sample 45

Blow Back attack :
Dialog : DAaaー!
Kana : ダァァー!

Hyper Drive Mode :

Throw Escape :
Dialog : Hmn!
Kana : フン!
No : 18

Stun :
Dialog : NUoooo
Kana : ヌオォォォ

Soft KO :
Dialog : Ugu! UUuuuu
Kana : うぐ! ううぅぅぅ

Hard KO 1 :
Dialog : Nuooooo
Kana : ぬおおぉぉぉぉぉ

Hard KO 2 :
Dialog : Uaaaaaa
Kana : うあああぁぁぁ

Neck Hanging :
Dialog : Hmn!··· Guaッhahahaha!
Kana : ふん!··· グァッハハハハ!
No : Sample 6 , 7
Notes : You can interrupt the laugh if you perform another move.

Dokugiri :
Dialog : BUHAaa!
Kana : ブハァァ!

Super Drop Kick :

Giant Bomb :
Dialog 1 : Ready! Go!
Kana : レディ! ゴォー!
No : Sample 23 , 24 , 25 , 26
Notes : The initial crouch has sample 23 , 24 or none; the rest comes with the actual tackle.
Dialog 2 : Huー DAaaー!
Kana : フー ダァァー!
No : Sample 2 , 5
Notes : Only for the EX version.

Giant Bomb (feint) :
Notes : Since this is a cancel from another move, you might hear the dialog of the previous move when doing this.

Head Crush :
Dialog 1 : Huー
Kana : フー
No : Sample 2
Dialog 2 : Head Crush!
Kana : ヘッドクラッシュ!
Notes : Dialog 2 is when it catches you.

Raiden Bomb :
Dialog 1 : Hei!
Kana : ヘイ!
No : Sample 28
Dialog 2 : Bomberー!
Kana : ボンバー!
Notes : Dialog 1 is not present if the EX grabs, and dialog 2 is there only if the moves catches something.

Super Raiden Drop :
Dialog 1 : Uaa!
Kana : ウアァ!
No : Sample 34
Dialog 2 : HaーHahahaha!
Kana : ハーハハハハ!
Dialog 3 : DAAAaaー!
Kana : ダアアァァー!
Notes : Dialog 1 is always there, the rest is only when you grab someone.

Crazy Train :
Dialog : Uaa! Hu! Hun! Hun! Hun! DAaa!
Kana : ウアァ! フ! フン! フン! フン! ダアァァ!
No : Sample 34 , 35 , 36 , 37 , 38 , 39

Raiden Bomber :
Dialog 1 : Uaaaa!
Kana : ウアァァァ!
Dialog 2 : NUMBER 1!
Kana : ナンバー ワン!
No : Sample 41
Dialog 3 : DAAAAA!
Kana : ダアアア!
No : Sample 42
Dialog 4 : THE END!
Kana : ジ エンド!
No : Sample 43
Dialog 5 : FINISH!
Kana : フィニッシュ!
No : Sample 44
Notes : Dialog 1, 2 & 3 can appear at the beginning of the move. 4 & 5 when the move hits.

Victory Pose :
Dialog : Uoooo!
Kana : うぉぉぉぉ!

Misc info here
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Sat Apr 07, 2012 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Fri Apr 06, 2012 09:11

Raiden over here

Fighting Style : Wrestling
Birthplace : Australia
Birthdate : March 3
Height : 202cm
Weight : 210kg
Blood Type : O
Hobby : Visiting Amusement Parks
Favorite Food : Steak of Aussie Beef
Forte in sports : American Football
Important things : Mask Collection
Disliked things : Koalas

* Assuie Beef seems to be an Australian type of meat.

Movelist
Neck Hanging

Dokugiri -> 毒霧 -> Poison Mist
Super Drop Kick
Giant Bomb
Giant Bomb (feint)
Head Crush
Raiden Bomb

Super Raiden Drop
Crazy Train
Raiden Bomber

Iain Gibb

He performs at "Tokyo Comedy Store" regularly, does sketch comedy in "Catch my Chicken" and can be hired as a narrator for events (such as weddings or graduations), he has worked on a large number of CMs (usually for electronic products) and KoF is not the only game where his voice can be heard, though most of his other casts are nameless roles on usually common enemies.

If you are wondering, is not "that" unusual to have professional announcers that speak only English living and / or working over at Japan.

Profile at Gaikokujin-talent
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Fri Apr 27, 2012 01:03, edited 1 time in total.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Apr 16, 2012 08:52

Asamiya Athena -> 麻宮 アテナ
Kanjis compounding name : 麻 "Flax" (a type of flower) , 宮 "palace" (also 'shrine')

Catch Copy :
Dialog : Eien no Psychic Idol
Kana : 永遠 の サイキック アイドル
Meaning : "The Everlasting Psychic Idol"
Notes : It's probably that she is going to always be a well loved idol and not something stupid as immortality or something. Or something.

Selection Screen 1 :
Dialog : Ganbarimasu!
Kana : がんばります!
Meaning : "I'll do my best!"
No : Sample 41

Selection Screen 2 :
Dialog : Athena、 ikkimaーsu!
Kana : アテナ、 行っきまーす!
Meaning : "Athena, here we go!"
No : Sample 42

Front Roll :
Dialog : Ei!
Kana : えい!

Roll Recovery :
Dialog : Yotto
Kana : よっと
Meaning : "Opps"

Standing up :
Dialog 1 : Daiijoubu!
Kana : 大丈夫!
Meaning : "It's fine!"
Dialog 2 : Madamada!
Kana : まだまだ!
Meaning : "Not yet!"

Taunt :
Dialog : Athena ni Omakase☆
Kana : アテナ に お任せ☆
Meaning : "Just leave it to Athena☆"

Blow Back attack :
Dialog : Don!
Kana : どん!
Meaning : "Pang!"
Notes : a translation might not be accurate, she is "manually" making the sound effect of a large impact, thus she indirectly points out that the attack is pretty strong.

Hyper Drive Mode :

Throw Escape :

Stun :
Dialog : Uuー
Kana : ううー

Soft KO :
Dialog : So······ Sonnaa·····
Kana : そ······ そんなぁぁ·····
Meaning : "No...... Not that...."

Hard KO 1 :
Dialog : Kyaaaa!!
Kana : きゃあぁぁ!!

Hard KO 2 :
Dialog : Gomennasaーi·····!
Kana : ごめんなさーい·····!
Meaning : "Forgive me-.....!"
Notes : This has a little to do with japanese culture in general. Basically, Athena is someone who receives a lot of support you could argue that financial one (like, from her talent agency and whatnot), but the important one comes from her fans, the emotional support. That support basically acts like a weight that she has to carry, but not in a bad sense, it's always thought of as a boost that you get thanks to people. It's by letting down that support and failing to use that little extra that she got from the people that had hope in her that she apologizes when she fails, as in she couldn't do what they expected her to do; this has to do with the japanese concept of give and receive, I doubt that athletes or musicians in your country publicly apologize when they screw something up due to a sense of duty with the people that was rooting for them.

Psychic Attack :
Dialog : Don!

Phoenix Bomb :
Dialog 1 : Hai!
Kana : はい!

Phoenix Bomb (Kuuchuu) :
Dialog 1 : Hai!
Kana : はい!

Psycho Ball Attack :
Dialog : Psycho Ball!
Kana : サイコ ボール!
Notes : Pronounced as 'saiko', of course

Psycho Sword :
Dialog : Psycho Sword!
Kana : サイコ ソード!
No : Sample 30 , 31

Psycho Reflector :
Dialog : Eーi!
Kana : えーい!

Phoenix Arrow :
Dialog : Phoenix Arrow!
Kana : フェニックス アロー!
No : Sample 33 , 34

Super Psychic Throw :
Dialog : Haa!
Kana : はぁ!
Notes : Dialog is only for when it throws.

Teleport :
Dialog : Teleport!
Kana : テレポート!

Shining Crystal Bit :
Dialog : Haaaaaa!
Kana : はぁぁぁぁ!

Shining Crystal Bit (Kuuchuu) :
Dialog : Haaaaaa!
Kana : はぁぁぁぁ!

Psycho Medley 13 :
Dialog 1 : Athena、 Ikkimasu!
Kana : アテナ、 いっきまーす!
Meaning : "Athena, here we go!"
Dialog 2 : Minna o Mamotte Misemasu!
Kana :  みんな を 守って見せます!
Meaning : "I'll protect everyone!"
Dialog 3 : Don!
Dialog 4 : Ikkee〜
Kana : いっけぇ〜
Meaning : "Goooooo~"
Dialog 5 : Yotto
Kana :よっと
Meaning : "Opps"
Notes : Naturally, Dialog 1 is the only one heard when the move misses.

Victory Pose 1 :
Dialog : Yay! Kanpeki☆
Kana : イエーイ! 完璧☆
Meaning : "Yay! Perfect☆"

Victory Pose 2 :
Dialog : Kanpeki···· Deshou?
Kana : 完璧···· でしょう?
Meaning : "Perfect.... Isn't?"
Notes : It's hard to get at first, but once you think it it's pretty obvious; first she states something like "totally perfect", and then invites whoever is watching with a "right?"; she is never questioning if the result was 'totally the best'.

Victory Pose 3 :
Dialog : Arigato gozaimashita!
Kana : 有難ございました!
Meaning : "Thank you very much!"
Notes : Versus Chin, we can assume that she is thanking him for having trained with her.

Additional info here
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Mon Apr 16, 2012 22:28, edited 1 time in total.