SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest
Anti-boss strategies

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Dec 03, 2011 20:06

Randomly felt like making this thread after playing through story mode and finding a hilarious AI flaw of the two bosses (Saiki and Dark Ash).

Basically, if you can tag them with a command throw, they'll fall for it repeatedly on wakeup. I used Daimon's dp+K to get the job done, but I've heard Clark's UAB (even the delayed one) gets the job done just as well. Running grabs like Yuri's also work, supposedly.

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Re: Anti-boss strategies

Post by Fuu » Sat Dec 03, 2011 20:37

Saiki succumbed to Daimon dp+a, Vice dp+a/c all day for me.

Dark Ash is slightly less braindead but is overall easier anyway.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sat Dec 03, 2011 21:38

When it comes to this, it's better to have universal techniques that kinda work with everyone.

Tarman :

When he is idle and you are kinda close, he will always aim to match his Atemi to any of your attacks, however you can use that to your advantage: locate something like 3 bodies away from him and do a jab, Saiki will try to use his Atemi to your jab. If this was point blank, you'll get countered each time, but since you are 3 bodies away the counter will miss, leaving you time to dash in with a combo.

Inky :

He has this stupid AI that refuses to block low too many attacks in a row. In the arcade you could sweep him to death but he isn't that stupid here, simply approaching with a jumping attack and do a low hitting combo (the more low attacks it has the better), he'll eat the combo midway, and even if he doesn't approach him again and repeat the process, he'll start falling for it eventually and then will be unable to escape from death.
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Mon Apr 02, 2012 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

ZeroSoulreaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Hedgez
Currently Playing:KOF. MBACC,SC
PSN:Hedgez00

Post by ZeroSoulreaver » Sun Dec 04, 2011 13:45

Best advice I can say is get in their face and keep the pressure on. These bosses can't do anything but random super if you just constantly pound on them. You really don't wanna give these guys space because their zoning is too godlike.

I beat them easy using some Mature strings to push them into the corner and then just keep rekkas going.

Some tips:
Saiki
-When Saiki shoots the black crap at you have a choice to just block it or dodge it and hit him as fast as possible.
-If you get hit with the black ball and are trapped you can mash to get out. I didn't realize this my first time fighting him.
-Don't jump in point blank at him because his anti=airs are so good. If your going to jump wait for him to be on recovery from a move such as his projectile.
-Don't just run at him because he will simply grab you.
-You can trade fbs with the black balls he tosses at you, so it's a good idea to trade and then rush in.
-After his first fireball he usually fires another one from above your head. Take this chance to get close to him.
-Block his super by crouching block(downback), just to be on the safe side. Just be ready to attack after because his recovery from it is very long and he is wide open for attack.
-Never try to attack his super head on or interrupt it. You can't stop it, you just have to block it. If you attack it you eat the entire super.

For Dark Ash I beat him with Leona by using saber charges for pressure and baltic launchers to throw off his fb game.
I really don't know all of his moves because I hounded the living crap out of him.

Dark Ash
-Never have a zoning war with this guy. He will destroy you.
-He's pretty weak to low poke attacks, so keep that in mind. Pokes work great on him.
-He is rather weak up close.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Mon Dec 05, 2011 04:37

SonicTempest wrote:
Basically, if you can tag them with a command throw, they'll fall for it repeatedly on wakeup. I used Daimon's dp+K to get the job done, but I've heard Clark's UAB (even the delayed one) gets the job done just as well. Running grabs like Yuri's also work, supposedly.
Yep, with Clark, did HCF+B all day on the bosses, worked on arcade, still works on console.

MDog
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
A.K.A.:In High Gear
Currently Playing:KoFXIII, Morrowind
XBL:tehmarcerer
PSN:tehmarcerer

Post by MDog » Thu Dec 08, 2011 00:45

SonicTempest wrote:Running grabs like Yuri's also work, supposedly.
Tried this earlier, totally works. Gets you closer to that Women Fighters Team ending, and is hilarious to watch! Win-win!

ZeroSoulreaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Hedgez
Currently Playing:KOF. MBACC,SC
PSN:Hedgez00

Post by ZeroSoulreaver » Thu Dec 08, 2011 13:29

If you spam Mature's double lk into rekkas it also works on both bosses. They really have no way out of it.

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Thu Dec 08, 2011 23:26

ZeroSoulreaver wrote:If you spam Mature's double lk into rekkas it also works on both bosses. They really have no way out of it.
You have to time it right, though.

If you don't, Saiki will use his counter/DM.

On the other hand, I have yet to see Dark Ash escape from Mature's close .B into whatever. Especially in the corner.

CannonSpike
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:SuperDuperTurbo

Post by CannonSpike » Sat Dec 10, 2011 20:20

I found command grabs work a treat against Dark Ash, haven't tried it with Saiki yet but will later.

Particularly any version of Vice's DP +P he can't handle it.

Also Flame Iori low pokes into rushdown combos work really well, like cr K cr P QCB P x3 for example.