There is like this completely obvious detail that I should have known from the start, but I couldn't realize it until today's "just kill everyone" session.
Basically, the two obvious facts are :
- The senpuu kon (tap A) can cancel pretty much every normal and command move in the game even if the move can't be cancelled naturally.
- The frame 1 of the senpuu kon can be drive canceled for free.
So, with those two obvious facts we have that Billy can cancel all of his normal moves even if you weren't meant to in the first place; for example you can do back + A , tap A ~ Hcf A ; with that you can add the so much necessarily extra pressure to his otherwise too calm and lacking mid range game. You can even combo crouching A , tap A ~ Hcf A if your execution is good enough. Personally I never even thought of the possibility of using this outside some pretty bitching HD mode combos.
The moment you are able to cancel with his long range cane at will things like his cr + A or his + A or cr + D , we have that Billy becomes just much, much better.
.... There are some details that I kinda noticed about this trick, but even then I still haven't played around much with it :
- I could never get the EX version of the move second move. Every time I tried to do so the EX senpuu kon came out and I couldn't interrupt it in frame 1.
- Stop tapping as soon as the window for cancelling the move is there, if you keep tapping you are probably gonna waste a drive cancel that will leave you open, and we don't want that.
- There are several shortcuts for this trick, in my case I did it as it was supposed to (move, tap A , special move) but with some normal moves it's just harder. Another of the guys present did it as normal move -> Hcf + Tap A and could get the HcF pretty consistently.
- Billy is not the only one that benefits from this, I started doing with Clark -> far standing D , Tap A , +B+D , but the timing was kinda difficult.
..... Now, if one of the kinds lads over on that can record footage could made a quick tutorial and add it to the first post or something