ASH ASH ASH BORKEN
Torri
I'm not a bot! :3
A.K.A.:Claws
PSN:Torri-
KOF XIII: Iori Yagami

Post by Torri » Mon Jul 19, 2010 06:08

A new king of fighters always means a chance to play Iori. I'm surprised I'm the one to start the thread though.

XIII version of Iori is a raw upgrade of his XII version.

Movelist
Normal Moves:
Sotoshiki: Kui: df + .C
Sotoshiki: Yurifuri(+mid air): bk + .B
Ge Shiki Yumebiki: fwd + .A , .A

Special Moves:
401 Shiki: Shougetsu: QCB + .A or .C
104 Shiki: Nueuchi: DP + .A or .B
Sayatori: QCB .B or .D
203 Shiki: Tsuchitsubaki: HCF + .C

Desperation Moves:
Forbidden 1211 Shiki: Yaotome: QCFHCB + .A or .C

NeoMax:
Forbidden 1218 Shiki: Yatagarasu: qcf X2 + .B and .D
Movelist Vid
Special Move and Cancel Tutorial Iori Trial Vid
Strategy Tutorial Video by Kuzukaze
Console Changes
* Geshiki Kui (df + C) has a larger hitbox than before. Easier to attack opponent from his command throw.
* Fierce Shogetsu (qcb+P) moves more forward. It combos in most situations after close C> Yumebiki(forward + A A).
* Yaotome (including EX) can’t be saferolled after it hits.
* EX Shogetsu’s invinciblity has been taken out. However, he’s still invincible on his legs.
- Fierce Akegarasu (qcb+K) has shorter recovery when blocked. Can’t be punished with normal moves.

Producer Yamamoto says: With Fierce Shogetsu’s longer reach and Fierce Akegarasu’s shorter recovery, it’s easier to do strings and combos. His Yaotome can’t be saferolled so attacking on wakeups may become important. With his EX Akegarasu’s projectile invincibility and EX Yaotome’s long invincibility, we’ve designed him to be playable in a different style from Flame Iori. Enjoy this Claw Iori that’s a bit different from the arcade version.

Changes and insight:
So In XIII Iori has gained a lot towards making this version of him complete. The first being his regained yurifuri, making his cross up game much stronger. The next is the addition of Kui, a overhead that brings to mind Yashiro. Iori's standing B has been re-added. The properties of most his special moves are the same as they were in XII, with the exception of his EX moves. When Iori EX's Shougetsu, he moves forward move then the regular version and is invincible until the attack executes. Nuechi becomes a three hit and gains a bit more invincibility, but the function of the move is pretty much the same. Tsuchitsubaki works in the same manor as well, Only through Drive cancels and EXing, I can be connected into combo's. Yaotome's regular version has downgraded from XII, losing some of its invincibility, but the EX version buffs it back, giving it invincibility and anti air properties with good timing. EX yaotome has also gained a cool end, with the screen turning red with the final hit. The neomax, Yatagarasu, has a slow start up but is a fairly fast move over all and has good priority. Yatagarasu also has amazing combo-ability.

Cosmetic:
Iori has a tenth color edit that makes him wear the same colors as his original clothing, down to adding a crescent moon on back. Very cool, if you ask me and it has been positively looked on by fans as the best color edit.

I would play Iori even if he had no special moves, but I'm glad he has so many great moves and properties. Almost every aspect of him has improved from XII, and I would go so far as to say he may be stronger then his flames version, in power, mix up...but maybe not priority. His low jumps and fast moves really make for a fun play, having mained Freeman in garou for so long, Its good to have something similar and different all at the same time in a game worth playing...(xii killed me with its crappy brokenness....). Anyway, feel free to ask any questions or discuss tactics.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Re: KOFXIII Iori Yagami

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Mon Jul 19, 2010 06:12

wtf is df+C?? What it look like and hit properties?

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Jul 19, 2010 06:13

Like Torri said, df+C is an overhead punch that looks like Vice/Yashiro's f+A. It also hits overhead, as you might expect. Considering that you can start HD combos off overheads, this seems important.

Torri

Post by Torri » Mon Jul 19, 2010 06:17

Yea, When I first saw df + .C , I laughed at how much it looked like yashiro. Overheads are the spice of mix up, so the addition of it gives Iori a crazy amount of mix up when coupled with his command grad.

Glimmerous.Fop
A.K.A.:People die if they are killed.
PSN:GlimmerousFop

Post by Glimmerous.Fop » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:07

I would like to point out that Iori's old .C , fwd .A , HCF .C combo from KOF12 can now be accomplished by simply performing:
.B , fwd .A , HCF .C instead.

The range of Iori's HCF .C has been reduced somewhat, that's why you have to use standing .B instead of standing .C .

Has anyone figured out any good juggles after landing Iori's HCF .C ? The old staple followup from KOF12:
DP .C , QCFHCB .P does not seem to work anymore.

Never noticed that Iori had a new df .C attack. Does it combo from any normal attacks and can it be canceled?

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Jul 20, 2010 13:59

Ah ok, i must of missed that explanation about that move. I havent seen it yet so yeah being that its meant to resemble yashiro, it does sound weird.

Im assuming that his DM is an aware juggle?

fiol
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by fiol » Sun Jul 25, 2010 08:11

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sun Jul 25, 2010 08:29

Glimmerous.Fop wrote:Has anyone figured out any good juggles after landing Iori's HCF .C ? The old staple followup from KOF12:
DP .C , QCFHCB .P does not seem to work anymore.
It does work, but in order to make it hit you need to dash BEFORE the DP .C it sounds hard but it's really easy to adjust yourself to it with some practice.

I don't think that his Neo Max is an anywhere juggle.... it's more like that all of Iori's special moves leave the enemy open and as such there is always some space to fit the NM.

Torri

Post by Torri » Mon Jul 26, 2010 21:45

The more I see Iori's NM, the more I see how useful it is. If you can manage to get his Tsuchitsubaki with enough meter then you can guarantee his Yatagarasu by canceling after yaotome. I know a lot of characters have good cancels, but Iori's ability to connect it through tricking some one into his command grab makes me feel like its pretty ferocious. Especially with a tick grab. Also, the timming on Iori's changed XII staple combo isn't as bad as I though it would be, just get the dash out fast and execute quickly. Great input guy, lets keep building a comprehensive breakdown on XIII Iori.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Aug 02, 2010 08:51

HD combo posted in Arcadia (seems pretty similar to the ones everyone has been doing already):

crossup b+B stand C, f+A, A (HD activate) dash C, f+A, A, (QCB+B xx QCB+C) x 4 (HD ends), QCF,HCB + P

655 damage, 1 stock.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:19

Other Arcadia combos:
Close .C , fwd .A , QCB .B , drive cancel QCB p or [HCF p -> assorted follow ups. Dash, DP .C , QCFHCB .A being my favorite]
Back against the wall: HCF p, DP .C , QCB .B , QCB .A ,Stand .C

Other Arcadia Notes:
EX QCB .B .D goes through fireballs. Very fast recovery even when blocked, unpunishable except by command grabs.
df .C can be cancelled into Yao Otome ( QCFHCB p)

Personal Notes:
If you can't do the dash DP .C , QCFHCB .A follow up after HCF .C , you can do the lazy man's version of DP .C , EX QCFHCB .A .C

Perfect Stranger
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Mon Aug 16, 2010 08:39

HD Combos for those of you like me with REALLLY bad execution skills:

Near corner : [ .C fwd .A .A , HD Activation, Auto Dash, .C fwd .A .A ] (or whatever else you prefer to start with), QCB .B , Drive Cancel QCB .C (by now in corner) , Drive Cancel 2nd hit DP .C , [slight delay QCB .B , Drive Cancel DP .C ] x n ( I think you can do up to 4?), QCFHCB .A .

For some reason near the corner whenever I do [QCB .B , Drive Cancel DP .C ] there's a tendency for HCF .C to come out. Really annoying :( Normally this tends to happen at either the 2nd or 3rd iteration of the QCB .B , Drive Cancel DP .C loop.

Outside of corner:
[ .C fwd .A .A , HD Activation, Auto Dash, .C fwd .A .A ] (or whatever else you prefer to start with), QCB .B , Drive Cancel QCB .C, Drive Cancel 2nd hit .A , Drive Cancel QCB .B , Drive Cancel DP .C , slight delay QCFHCB .C .

DP .C will not hit if you're in the corner. :( Maybe delay slightly?

Both cases you should have enough time for Ya Otome to finish completely before max cancelling, if you have stock. (For the first combo, I think you can do up to 2 loops).

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Aug 30, 2010 21:58

Iori doesn't really do it for me, but the vid is pretty interesting (for example, he lands a normal throw, and then activates Hyper Drive mode prior to following up with a combo).

There is also several other combos meant to utilize different types of spacing, set ups and ~ or amount of bars. The user also has other combo vids in his channel, but his other long clip (one for K') wasn't that incredibly interesting. Most of his other single combo clips are in the board already.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Aug 31, 2010 00:29

Toxic Avanger wrote: Iori doesn't really do it for me, but the vid is pretty interesting (for example, he lands a normal throw, and then activates Hyper Drive mode prior to following up with a combo).
That would be the roll cancel activation

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 15:40

Dark_Chaotix wrote:
Toxic Avanger wrote: Iori doesn't really do it for me, but the vid is pretty interesting (for example, he lands a normal throw, and then activates Hyper Drive mode prior to following up with a combo).
That would be the roll cancel activation
Not a normal throw, it's his command throw. Performed, dash (has to be dash) roll, hcf .B .C -->