Anti airs and punishing?

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Re: KOF XIII General Discussion/Rant Thread

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Thu Mar 22, 2012 13:01

Another new kof vid from snkp

Meter building in the beginning and Punishing from guard CD and guard roll later on?

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Mar 23, 2012 06:39

SNKP released another patch for KOF-i today that restores the missing characters and challenge mode. Should be version 1.03 when you load up iTunes.

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Mar 26, 2012 19:49

Random news tidbits + some speculation from the Prof:
Also, according to arcade news blog Aketan, Climax will be shipped at a limited run of 200 copies, w/PCB on April 26 and HDD-only in June. I beleive this is correct.

From what's been said at other places, the early release w/PCB will cost almost 400,000 yen and HDD around 250,000, so I really don't think it's going to sell, especially when most arcades have NesicaLive units equipped and they have no reason to take them out to install Climax. Personally, at this price and limited quantity, I don't think there's any chances that this game will hit SBO unless SNKP changes their mind to make it go Nesica as well.
Kap: KOF13 sold over 20,000 units in Japan alone on its first week of release. That might look like a large number, but it's actually kind of low. Well, average.. for an SNKP game. As a comparison, BlazBlue CS Extend, which people were bashing because it really had no new content aside of the renewed storymode, sold over 30,000 units within its first week.

Just to make sure that there's no misunderstandings, the previous post isn't to say that SNKP with their 200 units of Climax is taking a step back from fighting games, it's about them wanting to get rid of their bad stock of hardware than anything. It'd make more sense to throw them out at a cheaper price, but I guess they have their reasons for selling them at pretty much the same price of a newly developed game.

My assumption regarding SNKP's future business is that they may be focusing towards shifting their cell games to smartphones. It's a more robust market than Japanese cell phones and they can make money internationally. It's not too surprising if KOF-i was a success enough to become a determining factor for the company. They've already seen the moderate success that free SNS games can do as well.

It seems like some people are thinking that SNKP is making good business in Pachislot, but they're as much of a small fish in the sector as they are in the gaming industry. Just that the market is robust enough to let them make money.

This kind of reminded me. The organizers of SBO/Tougeki are saying that this year might be their final tournament. If that turns out to become the reality, it would mean that vanilla 13 back two years ago would be the last game that SNKP featured at the tournament series. Yes, the game that was called by people as the 'KMR game'.

(KMR= K'MatureRaiden)
Sounds like fodder for another ON Show if you ask me!

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Tue Mar 27, 2012 06:06

SonicTempest wrote:
Kap: KOF13 sold over 20,000 units in Japan alone on its first week of release. That might look like a large number, but it's actually kind of low. Well, average.. for an SNKP game. As a comparison, BlazBlue CS Extend, which people were bashing because it really had no new content aside of the renewed storymode, sold over 30,000 units within its first week.
He is comparing the console version sales to the arcade version sales and that's not how it's supposed to go; it doesn't make sense. XIII arcade sale were the really positive ones, the problem is that the game didn't "out lived" it's natural life spawn (as in, making it past a number of other games) and that the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1 cost them a lot of money and really hampered the positive numbers that they got with 1.0

If one analyzes the situation calmly, it's easy to see that XIII has not been a sales success for SNK even though it's a generally praised game. KoF-i has probably sold more units than any other port of XIII; furthermore unlike every other XIII version it's the only one without strange conflicts associated to it's release and thus sales haven't been damaged in any way.... it's saddening

Mature
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Mature » Fri Mar 30, 2012 15:16

well after reading this I can sadly say that all my hopes for a new kofs has gone down the pipe :( :( :(

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:a "trader" and a "messenger"
Currently Playing:...with someone's mind...

Post by Yuki Yagami » Fri Mar 30, 2012 19:07

Mature wrote:well after reading this I can sadly say that all my hopes for a new kofs has gone down the pipe :( :( :(
It's just a market shift. Let's just say... It's still alive, sort of...

Read a few pages in DC, they did not worry that much as they read that. Just relax and chill down.

Just keep the optimism alive...

Mature
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Mature » Fri Mar 30, 2012 21:38

Yuki Yagami wrote:
Mature wrote:well after reading this I can sadly say that all my hopes for a new kofs has gone down the pipe :( :( :(
It's just a market shift. Let's just say... It's still alive, sort of...

Read a few pages in DC, they did not worry that much as they read that. Just relax and chill down.

Just keep the optimism alive...
well lets hope they do carry on to the next kof. I still think that this kof XIII is as good as kof 98. it would be a waste if it stops.

btw anyone actually know the sale figures world wide? ta

JennyCage
Is it a bot?
XBL:JennyCage

Post by JennyCage » Mon Apr 02, 2012 15:32

Sure seems to be a lot of pessimism here! I know a lot of people, including Atlus staff, say VGChartz are inaccurate... but according to them KOF13 sold 460k copies across both consoles, which is more than the sales they have listed for AE. I think that's an accomplishment especially considering most of those sales came from North America.

If VGChartz are even remotely accurate, then selling near half a million copies in 6 months is damn good if you ask me. And the game has been getting enormous attention in the tournament scene, with thousands and thousands of people tuning in to the streams. To me there's nothing but optimism for KOF's future and hopefully someday we'll get KOF13UM.

Don't worry, be happy!

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Apr 02, 2012 15:55

I don't have the link to the thread on the Atlus forums, but they more or less confirmed that the VGChartz number was off by at least an order of magnitude (I think the specific phrasing was that they hadn't broken six figures in terms of sales).

I'm not terribly discouraged by the news the Professor posted, since my understanding is that KOF isn't that huge in Japan apart from a selection of arcades to begin with, so a limited production run probably makes sense.

KingofSarus
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:The Prince of all Stream Monsters
Currently Playing:The King of Fighters XIII & Skullgirls
PSN:KingofSarus

Post by KingofSarus » Thu Apr 26, 2012 20:02

Is there a change log for KOFXIIIC?

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Fri Apr 27, 2012 02:04

KingofSarus wrote:Is there a change log for KOFXIIIC?
Only the thing that they mentioned in the blog, which covers like 5 of the 36 characters.
Japanese players are pretty adept at these, but they need time to sit down and gather info (for example TTT Ultimate has been out like, for like a month, and for about last week some change logs started to show up). KoF is likely to get one since there are team of players that like the break down the game (like the huwahuwa or the KCE)
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Fri Apr 27, 2012 02:05, edited 1 time in total.

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:a "trader" and a "messenger"
Currently Playing:...with someone's mind...

Post by Yuki Yagami » Fri Apr 27, 2012 02:04

KingofSarus wrote:Is there a change log for KOFXIIIC?
King of Fighters XIII - Climax : partial change log

Shen
- Shen will no longer receive a counter hit penalty when he's hit during his Far C.
- Shen will gain some power meter when he bounces off anything stronger than an EX projectile with his Danken.(Projectile parry)

Ralf
- Fixed issue where Ralf and Raiden's positions will change and command has be input in reverse when doing Bareback Vulcan (DM) > MAX Cancel >NEOMAX.

Saiki
- Fixed Normal throw so that it no longer raises the opponent's meters.

Benimaru
- Fixed issue where doing cl.D>HD bypass will make the characters switch position when the opponent is facing back.

Raiden
- Changed damage on short hop & hyper hop C from 72 to 70.

Flame Iori
- Fixed issue where MAX canceling too late from normal Maiden Masher wouldn't target lock the NEOMAX.
- Changed input frames for canceling from Maiden Masher.
- Fixed issue where repeatedly blocking low would display his standing block for a split moment.

Hwa
- Changed cr.B so that it can be HD bypassed.

Billy
- Took out invincibility on HD bypass.
That's it.. Nothing follows

ZeroSoulreaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Hedgez
Currently Playing:KOF. MBACC,SC
PSN:Hedgez00

Post by ZeroSoulreaver » Sun Apr 29, 2012 14:54

It's been a while since I posted. Just haven't been playing KOF much cuz I'm ass at it :). I have been watching tornys and keeping up with it anyway.

I think KOF will be fine at the end of the day. Hopefully they do make more games because I still think XIII is by far the best fighter out right now. It's the new standard of how fighters should be, every single KOFXIII match I watch or play I feel like I have learned something important.

I know people worry about sales numbers but the real test will be when 2013 comes around. If XIII is still relevant then we have something there. If not, then it may be bad news.
Yeah, fighters usually don't last half as long these days. However their is still hope.