KOF XIII General Discussion/Rant Thread

ASH ASH ASH BORKEN
PyroRyuken
Is it a bot?
A.K.A.:Turned ON
PSN:PyroRyuken
Re: KOF XIII General Discussion/Rant Thread

Post by PyroRyuken » Mon Nov 28, 2011 06:47

bchan009 wrote:Make sure you're using wired connections people. I live in Hong Kong and I get 4 bar lagless connections over wire. When I was using wireless I got hit by lag a lot. =/
I'm using a wired connection. I've talked to others online, and they seem to be having the same problems. Also, it seems like there's always no lag when it comes to playing in Japan, Hong Kong, or Korea. After watching Poongko's online matches I was hoping it would be the same in the US. Still, some people online said that they did get 3-4 bar matches sometimes. If that's the case, I'm just playing at all the wrong times or nobody plays this game online in SoCal lol. If I can add people near me and get 3-4 bar connections that wold be great.

BB and Arcana seem to be able mask the lag so well that I don't notice it at all at 2 bar latency. I have yet to get a 2 bar match in KOF even with the custom search. :(

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Mon Nov 28, 2011 13:24

Wont get game till end of week at the latest :(

ZeroSoulreaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Hedgez
Currently Playing:KOF. MBACC,SC
PSN:Hedgez00

Post by ZeroSoulreaver » Mon Nov 28, 2011 13:26

Wired or not the lag shouldn't be this bad especially when other games don't have this problem. It seems like the netcode was not made for Americans. Also, yeah it's rare I find anyone in my region playing this game.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Nov 28, 2011 18:14

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Wont get game till end of week at the latest :(

On the bright side, you are not the only one who is waiting anxiously
Last edited by Toxic Avanger on Mon Nov 28, 2011 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Mon Nov 28, 2011 18:15

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Wont get game till end of week at the latest :(
Mine better be here tomorrow or else. OR ELSE!

PyroRyuken
Is it a bot?
PSN:PyroRyuken

Post by PyroRyuken » Mon Nov 28, 2011 18:25

ZeroSoulreaver wrote:Wired or not the lag shouldn't be this bad especially when other games don't have this problem. It seems like the netcode was not made for Americans. Also, yeah it's rare I find anyone in my region playing this game.
Yeah. Anyways, the game is hella fun and I won't give up on it. I won't be improving my game very much without a solid offline scene in SoCal though.

EDIT: Finally found someone in the player matches with very minimal lag. It still sucks when things choke up in the middle of a combo but its totally playable. Never touching ranked though lol.

KoFFreaK
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by KoFFreaK » Mon Nov 28, 2011 22:49

ZeroSoulreaver wrote:Wired or not the lag shouldn't be this bad especially when other games don't have this problem. It seems like the netcode was not made for Americans. Also, yeah it's rare I find anyone in my region playing this game.
Do not play ranked, ranked matches make it seem like there is no one playing. Plus it sucks that you can't kick or get out once you've joined, so just stick to player matches. I got like two fifteen game sessions with haunts where it was playable and about 5 better ones. It's not the best but like said above; this netcode was not made for America.

Mature
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Mature » Tue Nov 29, 2011 02:03

any ideas of how to beat time attack in less than 1.30 mins? raidens trick from XII is not possible now.

Fuu
hunted by pedo police

Post by Fuu » Tue Nov 29, 2011 19:13

Got this super-gorgeous game at last. Really missing the basics, I'm almost embarrassed :)

kadosho
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%
XBL:kadosho
PSN:kadosho

Post by kadosho » Tue Nov 29, 2011 21:33

Don't feel bad Fuu, just try out everything (that's what I did). And in a few days, you should be set!
Most of all have fun =D

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Wed Nov 30, 2011 03:08

Quality news - I got my sonic generations limited edition!!

Shit news - Still no kof xiii :(

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:a "trader" and a "messenger"
Currently Playing:...with someone's mind...

Post by Yuki Yagami » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:56

It seems another community wrote an open letter regarding KOF XIII's online...

http://dreamcancel.com/2011/11/29/an-op ... line-play/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This letter has been written by the staff at dreamcancel.com in an effort to urge SNKPlaymore and Atlus to address the online play issues of The King of Fighters XIII. Before posting it, I also forwarded it to the appropriate company representatives.

First, I’d like to take the opportunity to congratulate Atlus and its efforts in publishing and promoting an amazing product in The King of Fighters XIII. I honestly cannot remember the last time that KOF was so prominent in the gaming mainstream or was so highly regarded by gamers and critics alike. The Dream Cancel community greatly appreciates your effort.

That said, there is problem with the title – the online experience. While it is true KOF XIII provides a much better online experience than XII, it needs to be improved in order for the game to thrive in the United States. We understand the difficulty of creating a flawless online experience for a country as large as the U.S. with as varied an infrastructure but it is something the Dream Cancel community strongly feels is necessary. While we are seeing a growth in KOF play in local communities, most players both want and need to be able to play the game as flawlessly as possible online in order to build up their skills and confidence so they can participate in tournaments and expand the game’s lifespan.

At Dream Cancel, we have a thread discussing the online experience and, overall, the community finds it to be decent but not good enough for high level play. Please take some time to review the thread (http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1521.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and read what the community has to say.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Neil Cambre, aka nilcam
Administrator, dreamcancel.com
I know, most people feel their pain about online. I wonder if someone who has contact with SNKP pass this message to them. Let's say, lend a helping hand to pass the message. To be honest, I am getting tired with this negativity surrounding XIII's online.

Like Kuroko said in Samurai Shodown II: "It'll be a hard one." But at least we will prove them that we tried.

ZeroSoulreaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by ZeroSoulreaver » Wed Nov 30, 2011 13:08

Welp, this is great. The online is sitting between on laggy and playable so hopefully a patch can fix that. The problem I see though is that I doubt it will fix everyone's issues.

The experience online is so varied between everyone from what I understand. I have Fios and it still lags yet I can play any other game fine with very minimal to no lag. I have no lag playing MK and that netcode was just as bad.

Online is the only bad aspect of KOFXIII, everything else is great at least to me. If they try to fix the netcode then that shows they give a damn.

Fuu
hunted by pedo police

Post by Fuu » Wed Nov 30, 2011 23:02

What's the best/most common button layout for XIII?
Everytime i pick up the stick it feels like i'm learning from zero :(

ZeroSoulreaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by ZeroSoulreaver » Wed Nov 30, 2011 23:23

I just do 3 punches on top and 3 kicks on bottom. L,H, L+H and the 4th button does nothing.