Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:When life gives you lemons, make Kaiser Waves
Currently Playing:some games
XBL:BugleHawkeM
PSN:BugleHawkeM
Re: KOF XIII General Discussion/Rant Thread

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Wed Nov 23, 2011 06:11

Yeah, 2 bars or whatever connection was between him and I was bad. I played a couple of matches with random people. One guy was another 2 bars and it was just as bad. A match with a guy with 3 bars was better, but still not quite there. I hope 4 bars is fine, but I don't know if I'll ever have that good of a connection. So yeah, the netcode isn't very great. It may be usable for some people, and I need to try it out some more, but right now it doesn't look good.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Nov 23, 2011 09:13

OK, I just had a three bar match. It was more manageable than the 2 bar matches I've had so far, in that at least I can try and mount some sort of offense and have it go reasonably according to plan, but some combos with tight timing might still require a bit of timing adjustment. For instance I was trying to do K's drive cancel combo in the corner but the dp+A -> QCB+K DC was read a little too late and I ended up cancelling the second hit instead of the first, ending the combo sooner than I would have liked. Stuff like Kula's C, f+A, QCB+B, f+D. dp+C worked fine, though, as did connecting it off a hyperhop C.

Another caveat was that the guy I was playing against wasn't that great, so it is very likely my opinion would have been different had I been playing someone competent at the game.

I'm also seeing an issue where if someone shows up as 3 bars in the list of available games, the connection quality drops to 2 bars when I actually join the room. Similarly I thought I was joining a 4-bar room but the guy's connection to me was 3 bars once I entered.

ZeroSoulreaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Hedgez
Currently Playing:KOF. MBACC,SC
PSN:Hedgez00

Post by ZeroSoulreaver » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:06

Just unlocked Billy last night. I haven't touched online yet, just been training basic combos and unlocking colors. Saiki wasn't so hard once I realized his weakness. He can be a real pest at times though.
I was shocked when Dark Ash pop up. I heard rumors about him but didn't think twice about that. He kicked my ass for a while til I figured out how to stay on his ass and not get hit.
Hope they patch the online because it doesn't sound too good :(. So far my team is Leona, Mature and an alternating third until I get Saiki. Still adjusting to the way some combos are timed in the game, it's not difficult but sometimes my brain messes up the timing. Especially with Mature comboinng into Despair...the timing is always faster than I think.

kadosho
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:kadosho
PSN:kadosho

Post by kadosho » Wed Nov 23, 2011 14:15

@ZeroSoulReaver don't feel bad I am on the same level of getting combo concepts. Everything is so different.
- King's various attacks have been shifted. Her mid kick combo is actually shorter. Her mid-air DM will take out a ton of an opponents health!
- Kyo's adapted Orochinagi moves are some tricky fingers. But the mid-air cancel is humbling to mix up in a combo.
- Elisabeth's been given a bit more push. I wasn't aware of her tech moves before. I think she's growing on me.
*I still have yet to play everyone! Oh hey.. I took off school today, haha I have time!
:lol:

*I don't wanna deal with the madness of pre-turkey day traffic anyways

NEOMAX attack delivers some heavy damage! (everyone) I love it!

I also just unlocked Billy, I haven't made it to finishing arcade mode yet. I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open.
Surprised by story mode, I just wanted to see a few scenes. This was a fun concept to come up with. ^_^

Shiny
Posts too much
A.K.A.:Wreck-It Richard.
Currently Playing:Baseball. With your skull.
XBL:Callsign Rain
PSN:Anariaca3279

Post by Shiny » Wed Nov 23, 2011 15:49

Loving it.

Only character I've unlocked is Billy so far. Planning on learning Takuma, Kyo, & Liz. I hit Kyo's NEOMAX last night and felt sexy. Played around in the color edit a bit. To quote Gwen Stefani (which I promise to not do again), this shit is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 17:14

Had a match with SS for the lulz. I'm expecting a fully underwater experience (after all we're separated by the freaking Pacific Ocean), and it was, but at least I can safely say that playing against SS I got the best 1 bar underwater action I've had so far.

Which isn't saying much, but at least we were doing things and trying to land combos in a half-decent manner. Emphasis on trying.

Also, my stick is not working at its best.

Anti-K'
Neomaxxing
Currently Playing:JoJo All Star Battle, Vampire Savior
PSN:Anti-KDash

Post by Anti-K' » Wed Nov 23, 2011 20:55

I'm glad trial mode has BlazBlue's quick reset and trial demo options. I'm using Yuri, Kyo, and Kula for now. I've been trying out Hwa, Athena, and Leona. Andy is okay. I might use Maxima. I'm waiting for Flames Iori.

I haven't played online yet.

kadosho
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:kadosho
PSN:kadosho

Post by kadosho » Thu Nov 24, 2011 00:49

Made it to Diabolosis.. ><" so much damage.. and this health bar gains so much back.
Seems like I barely scratch him, (it loves playing keep away) Even tried using DM moves, and it cancelled them all.
I know SNK loves messing with us in the end with the bosses. But dang this is like a kick to the nuts. Reminds me of Rugal.

*another thing I notice, is that you get to keep your score! Ha take that SF!
' *xx aw.. did they just!? erase.. o.o

ZeroSoulreaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by ZeroSoulreaver » Thu Nov 24, 2011 01:41

Finally unlocked Saiki. I'm slowly getting down some cancels but they are tricky as hell.

Gonna try out Saiki and decide between him or Ash as my final character on my team.

Shiny
Posts too much

Post by Shiny » Thu Nov 24, 2011 02:32

Question about the color sets, such as the one that contained Windows/Uno K' (the one with the 4 colors that no one likes). Are they in the game as presets you have to unlock? Or will you have to do it from scratch?

Also, playing in online matches unlocks more colors for you to customize your characters look with?

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Nov 24, 2011 03:17

You unlock more colours to use in color edits for your characters by using them in versus matches (regardless of whether they actually get used in the match or not).

Shiny
Posts too much

Post by Shiny » Thu Nov 24, 2011 05:28

Thank you kindly, Sir Science.

Team so far is: takuma1 ;) OMG

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Nov 24, 2011 08:06

So I've played the full gamut of connection qualities, and all I can say is that it's really variable. I've played three-bar matches that were worse than two-bar matches at times. I actually played PS while he was using Wi-fi and again after he switched to an Ethernet cable, and it did make a huge difference, although we still had some input lag. I also had the fortune of playing a 4-bar match against someone and that was almost perfect.

So overall all I can say is that connection quality in the 2s and 3s isn't really guaranteed per se. Best to find some people who you know you've had decent matches with and play with them (which of course means Ranked matches are out of the question). Alternatively, stick to local play.

ZeroSoulreaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by ZeroSoulreaver » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:44

I tried ranked online last night and player matches in my region most matches were laggy as hell. Mostly 3 bar connections and the rooms got full fairly quick so it kept saying the rooms are full. I checked my internet and everything, I even switched to BB online and that had no lag at all. Gonna try again today and if not then Ill just wait til my friend gets the game.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Thu Nov 24, 2011 17:09

Dear diary, the game actually started to distribution in my city roughly the 19, however due to the local business nature stores don't pack many copies of each game regardless of what game it is, and as such the copies of the game have become something incredible rare and stores that carry few copies of the game sell them out in 12 hours or so. As such, I have spent my free time the last few days walking throughout a record setting heat wave from store to store just to hear a "comeback tomorrow, it should arrive by then", or "it's sold out already".

Right now I'm gonna bathe, and re-live the painful process again.

Also, I know that I shouldn't be surprised, but it's quite obvious that the game has been completely raped already, so if you follow sprite rip sites you might be in for a treat, or something. So thank you Xbald, for being such a easy to rape console.