Post by videoman190 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 15:43

Sie Kensou's move list!
Command Moves:

Backflip Feint - .B + .D

Special Moves:

Chokyudan - qcb .A or .C

Ryutouda - qcf .A or .C
--> qcf .A or .C (Ryutetsushou)
-----> qcf .B or .D (Hasei Shitsukuu Zanryuu)

Ryubokko - dp .A or .C

Ryugakusai - rdp .B or .D

Ryusogeki - qcb .A or .C (in air)

Sikuzanryukyaku - qcf .B or .D

-DM's-

Super Chokyudan - qcb x2 .A or .C

Super Punch Drill - qcf hcb .A or .C

-NM-

Seigan Senki Hakkei - qcf x2 .A + .C
Console Changes
*Air EX qcb.P starts up faster
*s.B>C is now a target combo. Follow ups possible after it hits.
*His punch super is now a 1 frame throw
*When air qcb.P hits, it can be canceled with a special or greater
*His fb’s recovery time is improved

Producer Yamamoto says: Aside from being a good way to disrupt guard, his punch super can be used effectively to catch opponents who roll past his fb. His fb game has improved and can be used as a central strategy now that the recovery is better. His air qcb.P can be cancelled with any special and the new s.B>C target combo can be linked by following with c.B or s.D. I recommend using these changes aggressively along with his fb whilst minding distances.
Movelist VId

EX Move and Cancel Guide
Combo by Bala

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Re: KOF XIII: Kensou

Post by PenPen » Wed Jul 28, 2010 16:02

In my limited time as Kensou (getting pwned):

qcb+P has a pretty long recovery time. I don't really want to do that like pre XII until I get far enough.
Low B into qcf+P chain (formerly qcb+P in XII) is still available. But I think you need to end with his qcf+K (the cool running flying thingy in XII) or else you need to DC into other stuff.
rdp+K is good. rdp+BD is better.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Fri Aug 06, 2010 16:41

(from watching vids)

Anti Air: Stand D, RDP K, EX RDP K

Escape tactic: use EX qcb D - Kensou will fly out of the corner you were trapped in, and anyone not blocking will get grabbed!

Kensou's general tactics are not dissimilar from XII. Rush down and try to nail c B combos. In a way, it's very similar to Kyo. Kensou only uses his fireballs when he finds himself with a great distance between him and the opponent, which normally happens after landing a crouching combo. The opponent, while knocked back, is now prepared to anti air if he jumps in - thus Kensou wants to lure or harass this opponent instead.

At time of writing, Kensou's jump C seems to have the Benimaru effect, where it will cause a cross up when least expected. So, players are jumping in with this (not hopping) to try and get the opponent really pissed off.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Thu Dec 23, 2010 18:38

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Jul 04, 2011 19:05

To me New Kensou is one of the coolest dudes in the game (well, technically is old Kensou). Youtube channel has tons of vids for other chars as well.

Sogetsu
Charging...80%
Charging...80%
A.K.A.:Anime Fan

Post by Sogetsu » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:20

Hello, I've got some questions about Kensou and can't figure them by myself

1) What are the propertys of .B .D ? He makes some back dashing/evasive move but I don't know when it is good to use or what are the advantages compared to single rolling .A .B

2) I don't see the DP .P too much being used in the matches, and it has weird recovery, so it feels absolutely unsafe to perform, even if it hits, I feel my enemy has more recovery than me, plus I can only follow it by cancelling (or need to use EX move for the knock back). Does it have any special use? When is it good to use?

3) The qcf HCB .P DM feels unconfortable as well compared to the QCB QCB .P , also the damage is not so much better, and the range is short. Has it any special property that makes it preferable over the Super Chokyudan? Like some sort of evasion or immunity/invincibility ?

Well, that's all, I watched lot of videos but not much people using those moves =/ , I hope you can answer me those things so I can play better with Kensou, because actually abusing of the Super Chokyudan, normal one, DP K and obviously the main chain n_nU

Robocop Two
Charging...76%
Charging...76%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Robocop Two » Sun Sep 04, 2011 23:54

Sogetsu wrote:Hello, I've got some questions about Kensou and can't figure them by myself

1) What are the propertys of .B .D ? He makes some back dashing/evasive move but I don't know when it is good to use or what are the advantages compared to single rolling .A .B

2) I don't see the DP .P too much being used in the matches, and it has weird recovery, so it feels absolutely unsafe to perform, even if it hits, I feel my enemy has more recovery than me, plus I can only follow it by cancelling (or need to use EX move for the knock back). Does it have any special use? When is it good to use?

3) The qcf HCB .P DM feels unconfortable as well compared to the QCB QCB .P , also the damage is not so much better, and the range is short. Has it any special property that makes it preferable over the Super Chokyudan? Like some sort of evasion or immunity/invincibility ?

Well, that's all, I watched lot of videos but not much people using those moves =/ , I hope you can answer me those things so I can play better with Kensou, because actually abusing of the Super Chokyudan, normal one, DP K and obviously the main chain n_nU
1)I'm not entirely sure of the properties of the BD backdash either but it is a good spacing tool as you can cancel normal moves into it like any other special and you can cancel the first of the 2 backflips in to special moves so it can be really handy. I'd say just experiment with corner pressure into backflip and cancel it into a fireball or if they jump go for the reverse dragon kick.

2)If you think the move is unsafe than the enemy has less recovery than you, as long as you don't go for all the hits it's actually okay but the move is more of a gimmick than a real tool as far as I'm aware so I personally wouldn't use it, but maybe some one else has more knowledge than me on this move?

3)The super version of the multi-punch I believe is a grab in the console vesion so it's a great new tool for Kensou seeing as he has great mobility, speed, fireballs, a dragon a dive punch so basically with 1 super he gets the 1 thing to make people stop blocking so all your other tools become more effective.

MichelS
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
Currently Playing:Doctor
XBL:kekkai

Post by MichelS » Mon Sep 05, 2011 00:41

Robocop Two wrote:
Sogetsu wrote:Hello, I've got some questions about Kensou and can't figure them by myself

1)I'm not entirely sure of the properties of the BD backdash either but it is a good spacing tool as you can cancel normal moves into it like any other special and you can cancel the first of the 2 backflips in to special moves so it can be really handy. I'd say just experiment with corner pressure into backflip and cancel it into a fireball or if they jump go for the reverse dragon kick.

2)If you think the move is unsafe than the enemy has less recovery than you, as long as you don't go for all the hits it's actually okay but the move is more of a gimmick than a real tool as far as I'm aware so I personally wouldn't use it, but maybe some one else has more knowledge than me on this move?

3)The super version of the multi-punch I believe is a grab in the console vesion so it's a great new tool for Kensou seeing as he has great mobility, speed, fireballs, a dragon a dive punch so basically with 1 super he gets the 1 thing to make people stop blocking so all your other tools become more effective.
Concerning 3) I am not sure about the grab. I've asked people to check on the console version but noone really tried. I think they just changed the animation :-(
But I still cross my finger for a grab ;-)

Sogetsu
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by Sogetsu » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:08

Ah thanks for the answers, I didn't know the backflip was canceleable lol

The other 2 moves I will keep trying to find an use or evading executing them yet =(

Robocop Two
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by Robocop Two » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:24

Don't use the multi-punches for now, the super might be a grab so if you're coming to TAC you can try it out as well as the multi-punch but if it turns out that the multi-punch is stil crap, it's just one of those moves that you can't use then unfortunately.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sun Sep 11, 2011 16:10

Sogetsu
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by Sogetsu » Sun Sep 11, 2011 22:28

I just noticed that Kensou DP .P is not a simple attack

If you tap .P repetitively fast constantly it is longer and inflicts more damage, also it makes the enemy fly away with a finishing punch

I don't know the exact timings but testing it a little I found it hard to execute -_-U (at least for me...)

Sometimes the punches are all fast and makes the target to knock down away but sometimes the last punches are slow and even if they inflict nice damage, Kensou ends tired (same like after performing the MultiPunches DM ) and your enemy still remains in front of you

Have anyone got more info about this move? Still no idea about the console version of it n_nU

PD: Sorry about my bad english, I hope you can understand the explanation, if not please tell me and I will edit it trying to make it cleaner

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
TTT2
Dragon's Crown

Post by Toxic Avanger » Mon Sep 12, 2011 01:02

Sogetsu wrote: Sometimes the punches are all fast and makes the target to knock down away but sometimes the last punches are slow and even if they inflict nice damage, Kensou ends tired
In KoF XII was as following :

Just tapping : Adds more hits and leaves Kensou vulnerable.
Tapping + holding forward : Adds hits and adds a far standing C at the end of the move, not leaving Kensou vulnerable.

As of now, I have no way of checking how this works on XIII and I don't know if the EX move is different or something

Sogetsu
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by Sogetsu » Mon Sep 12, 2011 02:26

Oh I didn't play XII lol

The EX Move is good, it hit many times and knock down the oponent far away, not sure about invincibility or something similar, but at least does not leave Kensou vulnerable

I will test then holding Forward and Tapping as well only Tapping again, maybe I can find the differences and timings, thanks for the info

EDIT: Here from the 0:50 time mark

I found detailed info n_n (Click to enlarge)

Robocop Two
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by Robocop Two » Wed Sep 14, 2011 16:24

Yeah, the move doesn't really have any practicle uses outside of chip and guard break. It's kind of funny though, they let Kensou's mash button move stay because it's effectively useless but when it comes to Ralf's (which has very slight uses) they nerf it, but when it comes to Clark's mash move he gets to keep it. Now I know Clark isn't that good so they probably let him have it for that reason but Kensou isn't that good but they let him have a shit one, they didn't change it up to make it useful they just kept it as it was. Ralf's one is the most bizzare, he's not that good and neither is his mash move and yet they nerfed it?