df .C - Rising Upper
fwd .A - Back Knuckle

Special moves
qcf .P - Power Wave
QCB .P - Burn Knuckle
QCB .K - Crack Shoot
flashkick .P - Rising Tackle

DMs
QCBHCF .P - Power Geyser (has an EX version)
qcf qcf .K - Buster Wolf (has an EX version)

NeoMAX DM
qcf qcf .A .C - Trinity Geyser
Console Changes
* Crouching A > Crouching C is a chain combo. Can be canceled.
* Normal Buster Wolf’s (qcf x2+P) dashing speed is now identical to the EX version. But the Invincibility is the same as before.
- Far D’s recovery time has been reduced.
- Standing CD’s hit detection lasts a bit longer.
* Trinity Geyser’s (qcb~hcf+P) hitbox has been changed so that it actually hits 3 times.

Producer Yamamoto says: We’ve mainly buffed up his normals, and he can do solid combos with the addition of chains. Also, His Trinity Geyser’s hitbox has been changed, and he can also hit the opponent afterwards in the corner.
Movelist Video:
EX Move and Cancel Timing Guide
Notes from the official blog:
- Buster Wolf has fast startup, can use it to interrupt block strings. EX version has more invincibility.
- You can drive cancel out of the ending frames of Burn Knuckle.

Basic Combos by SNKP HK
Combo Tutorial by DDTC

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Re: KOFXIII: Terry

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Jul 07, 2010 06:37

Updated the first post with official movelist + notes from the blog entries. Feel free to add more info - I'll add it to the first post if I think it's pertinent.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Aug 02, 2010 09:06

HD combo published in Arcadia:

jump D, close D, f+A (HD activate) dash close D, f+A, QCB+A xx charge d,u + C (1hit), QCB+C (opponent cornered) xx QCB+B, charge d,u+C (1hit) xx QCB+C xx QCB+B, charge d,u+C (1hit), QCB+AC (HD ends), QCB+D (4 hits), charge d,u+AC

789 damage, 2 stocks, starts in mid-screen and pushes to the corner.

fiol
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by fiol » Thu Aug 12, 2010 08:35

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Re: KOFXIII: Terry Bogard

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Sep 25, 2010 01:55

Toxic Avanger wrote:

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Tue Jun 07, 2011 19:04

"Player's Choice HD Combo Movie" for Terry Bogard (使いの為の手抜きHDコンボ動画)

This user has been pumped and has been uploading short and long combo movies since yesterday, so be sure to check his channel.

The Monster
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
A.K.A.:Poison Mist All Day!
PSN:MonsterManX

Post by The Monster » Sun Aug 14, 2011 07:26

I've been hearing a lot of crap about Terry not being that good? I mean honestly he looks fine to me , like a regular style character with some normal speeds and some good specials.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun Aug 14, 2011 08:30

Its not his best iteration, and it cos he doesnt have some signature moves that people like and has kinda tedious HD combos. HSDM is useless in corner same with qcb,hcf+AC SDM. He definitely not as quick as say 2k2um Terry.

The Monster
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by The Monster » Sun Aug 14, 2011 09:51

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Its not his best iteration, and it cos he doesnt have some signature moves that people like and has kinda tedious HD combos. HSDM is useless in corner same with qcb,hcf+AC SDM. He definitely not as quick as say 2k2um Terry.
Makes sense. Well perhaps they want people to foucus on lesser/played known characters. As weird as that sounds. Still he doesn't look terrible , I'm still gonna have fun playing him.

I gotta be honest , I gotta learn some of these terms. This game has an abbrevation for everything ROFL.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun Aug 14, 2011 15:22

The Monster wrote: I gotta be honest , I gotta learn some of these terms. This game has an abbrevation for everything ROFL.
start with http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 029#p68029" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It has a bit of info on what some of the lingo is. You will pick up the rest later. Just dont post notations with numbers....

The Monster
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by The Monster » Sun Aug 14, 2011 18:27

Dark_Chaotix wrote:
The Monster wrote: I gotta be honest , I gotta learn some of these terms. This game has an abbrevation for everything ROFL.
start with http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 029#p68029" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It has a bit of info on what some of the lingo is. You will pick up the rest later. Just dont post notations with numbers....
Thanks very much , appreciate it. Ok so things are starting to make a lot more sense to me. As weird as this sounds , you guys should tell people in that thread a DM is a Desperation Move , just incase there's new people to KOF like myself. Because it took me a few minutes to figure out what it meant sadly :lol: . Hows the button layout for this game work on say a PS3 , Is it like A and B on top and C and D on the bottom of the 4 buttons?

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sun Aug 14, 2011 21:44

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Its not his best iteration, and it cos he doesnt have some signature moves that people like and has kinda tedious HD combos. HSDM is useless in corner same with qcb,hcf+AC SDM. He definitely not as quick as say 2k2um Terry.
It's got nothing to do with how he was in 2k2um (which isn't that popular either). The problem with current Terry is that his HD combos are "too unorthodox and risky" and that his EX moves are subpar compared to the other characters. "Popular" characters have good EX moves, good hit confirms and either Insane HD combos or strong drive cancels. In arcade Terry only covers the "hit confirm" part from those aspects, but even with that he needs close range to operate; Ryo kinda has similar problems but people like him a little bit more since his HD combos are easier. Even with that since the balance of the game is kinda good outside the two top tiers, Terry is not that bad at all; the thing is that Terry is this character that everyone pics him because they want someone easy and cheap to use; if they are expecting that and get a more complicated character "of course" "fans" are going to migrate to the next easy to use cheese pic on the block.

Adding more moves would be the "easiest" way to make Terry more popular is to add some extra moves (especially if they are good for HD combos and have strong EX moves); right now we know that they added him a chain combo or something, and that's definitely not going to fix "what's wrong" with Terry.

Oh and his EX Power Geyser is pretty good in the corner, unless Terry himself is at range 0 or 1 from the corner, all of the hits are going to hit.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Mon Aug 15, 2011 02:05

I wasnt saying that Terry should be the like his 2k2 iteration but I seen more terry usage in 2k2um then any other (as of late). Its just a comparison to his move set and his actual speed ingame.

Ive had problems with the SDM hitting in corner and it hard crappy trying to gauge the distance.

I dont disagree with your analogies. In Asia its like that (tiers over choice) tho in the west its who they know and think they are good, which they think is terry.

The Monster
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by The Monster » Wed Aug 17, 2011 05:28

Eh every game needs their easy to play characters , some stay with them and either play good or they play like a spammy nub and abuse them. Or there's people like myself who try bigger and more better things like more difficult to play characters. Just gotta ignore those who play like asses and kick their butts with your experience. Since I'm new to this as a whole I do want to play Terry first off with some others , then eventually I'm gonna branch off. I wanna see who I'm good with and who I don't like or frankly I suck with. Plus I always loved Terry Bogard when I was younger.

ZeroSoulreaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Hedgez
Currently Playing:KOF. MBACC,SC
PSN:Hedgez00

Post by ZeroSoulreaver » Wed Aug 17, 2011 13:58

The thing with Terry has always been that his moves can be seen a mile away. He doesn't have much to work behind that can confuse you or catch you off guard. It's not just that he's basic because Ryo and Yuri are pretty basic, but they have their bags of tricks. Terry really doesn't have much of this.

I wouldn't say Terry is bad but he's definitely not really good. To me he's a character anyone can just use. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing really.