KOF XIII: Ralf Jones

ASH ASH ASH BORKEN
Dyo Kusanagi
I'm not a bot! :3
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Currently Playing:Max Anarchy, KOF XIII, Batman:Arkham City, Gundam: EXVS, KOF2K2UM
XBL:Dracolyte
PSN:Bright_Slaps
Re: KOF XIII: Ralf Jones

Post by Dyo Kusanagi » Fri Jun 08, 2012 16:13

Hello all! I haven't posted on here in a while although I lurk, frequently and read info/guides on the characters I like to use! I have a dilemma and I hope I'm posting in the right place.

My problem is I am having a difficult time shutting down my cousin's Ralf, consistently, :'( ! My cousin uses Ralf's Jump D as an instant overhead and it seems to have ridiculous priority! For instance, I'll be in the air, sometimes clearly above his Ralf, and he'll jump and his Jump D will usually stuff whatever I threw out, even if it was executed before his Jump D! Also, Ralf seems to recover quickly from his Gatling charge attack even when I'm using Clark and react with my Gatling attack, yet he is able to block mine and counter with another Gatling attack and then drive cancel into another special and then super cancel for tons of damage, :o

My staple characters always include Leona in the line up, usually as anchor, and I usually take his Ralf out(he usually places Ralf second on his team)however, he usually gets to my Leona and one mistake means less health to deal with his anchor, which happens to be "Mr. Karate" of all characters! He's insane in itself, but I can handle his Mr. Karate, just have to be patient, but Ralf, I'm really having trouble getting around his short hop Jump D's(and just Jump D's, period)and the recovery on some of his moves! And his poking game can be troubling, and WTH is up with his priority?!

Ugh, any help would be appreciated and I apologize again if I posted this in the wrong thread, *sweatdrop

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Jun 08, 2012 17:52

I believe Ralf's A Gatling Attack is reasonably safe on block (at least I don't remember being poked out of the recovery frames). Try Clark's EX command grab to punish?

Dyo Kusanagi
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Currently Playing:Max Anarchy, KOF XIII, Batman:Arkham City, Gundam: EXVS, KOF2K2UM
XBL:Dracolyte
PSN:Bright_Slaps

Post by Dyo Kusanagi » Fri Jun 08, 2012 20:08

Thank you, I'll do that next time. Any other advice, like what cleanly beats out Ralf's Jump D?!

Sogetsu
Charging...80%
Charging...80%
A.K.A.:Anime Fan

Post by Sogetsu » Sat Jun 16, 2012 13:15

Hello, I was wondering something about a Ralf's move and it is QCB .A

What is it for? Because I can't find a timing to use it (regardless of comboing in corner), in a normal situation I can't make it work as Anti Air (I can use the C version but not the A version...)

I feel it quick but can't hit anything with it in a pinch, how am I supposed to apply that move? Should I use it only for comboing in corner? Hasn't it got not any other utility? Can't be useful in any way as antiair? Am I missing a timing or something to perform it alone and obtain a clean hit over my oponent while jumping to me?

Well, thanks for the answers from now and your time!

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Sun Jun 17, 2012 22:08

this is robocop2's area, but if you watch myu and ogosho, they use it for combos mostly, the ex especially. otherwise the use the c version? with guard point i think.

Sogetsu
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by Sogetsu » Tue Jun 19, 2012 04:52

Oh, ok Gunsmith, thanks so much for the info

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Tue Jun 19, 2012 18:42

QCB .A has a bunch of useful technical uses that aren't related to "directly hitting" the enemy, but those type of things aren't easy to explain, since they go with psychology and tactics and stuff. The plain easiest one to use and explan, is use the move to dispel fireballs.

Sogetsu
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by Sogetsu » Tue Jun 19, 2012 20:57

Oh thanks so much Toxic Avanger n_nb