KOF XIII: Shen Woo

ASH ASH ASH BORKEN
Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Re: KOFXIII: Shen Woo

Post by Kane317 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 21:00

Toxic Avanger wrote: Check if the EX BITCHSLAP has more range.... Also, wasn't crouching B, crouching A -> SHEN WOO PUNCH back from XI?
The technical reference doesn't indicate that it does, it only says you can do an extra hit. dwn .B, dwn .A, only comboes into EX Shen Woo Punch. In XI I believe only qcfx2+K DM worked, if he did have it that year.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Jul 22, 2010 21:39

Pretty sure dB dA QCFx2+P worked in XI, I kept doing it by accident when trying to do the headbutt DM :(

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Fri Jul 23, 2010 01:20

Na. The only thing you could link from lows in XI was his kick DM.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Fri Jul 23, 2010 19:22

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Na. The only thing you could link from lows in XI was his kick DM.
Incorrect. In XI Shen can do low kick, low jab and punch DM, the reason no one does it is because the damage from the kick DM is better, and you can tag out of it or dream cancel.... I'm pretty sure that he can do low kick, low jab and punch DM in 2k3 as well, but the scaling was just insane (the head but DM skipped scaling). That combo was lost in XII since the DM was slower than in the previous versions... In XIII the DM is faster than in XII, so the combo might work again, even if it doesn't the EX DM is faster than the normal DM as well, so trying that out might be good as well.

The thing that was exclusive to the headbutt DM in both, 2k3 and XI was low kick (x2) and then a DM linked from it.

Lastly, I remember from one of the early beta pen pen vids is that Shen Woo could combo far standing jab into the Qcf + Punch; I wonder if the kept that ability in the finished version, and if they did that might add another low combo to him.... BTW, can he do low kick, jab and Qcf + B as in XII? Then again the problem with that combo was always lack of range.

I didn't use SHEN WOO SPEAK for new audiences sake har har.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Jul 24, 2010 01:36

You serious??

I honestly dont remember being about to do a punch DM from lows......And I played XI alot (awhile ago now).

EDIT: my mistake. I did test it and yeah you are right. Completely forgot about it....

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Sat Jul 24, 2010 03:31

SHEN WOO HAMMER for juggling looks interesting.... I wonder if we should compile all of the practice mode videos in a single topic.

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Jul 24, 2010 04:03

Wow, 60% for a no-stock HD combo seems like...a lot.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Jul 24, 2010 04:24

woah, that is alittle too much.....

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 05:38

Toxic Avanger wrote: I didn't use SHEN WOO SPEAK for new audiences sake har har.
That's punishable by death. xmad

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Sat Jul 24, 2010 07:41

Toxic Avanger wrote: Lastly, I remember from one of the early beta pen pen vids is that Shen Woo could combo far standing jab into the Qcf + Punch; I wonder if the kept that ability in the finished version, and if they did that might add another low combo to him.... BTW, can he do low kick, jab and Qcf + B as in XII? Then again the problem with that combo was always lack of range.

I didn't use SHEN WOO SPEAK for new audiences sake har har.
Shame on you for not using SHEN WOO SPEAK! I banish you to the usage of Windows K' exclusively when XIII comes along to Toxico land. I kid, I kid.

For the first one I don't seem to recall any weak attacks into SHEN WOO PUNCH LITEs. I suppose the weak attack happens to be a counter?

For SHEN WOO UPPERCUT, there's no more links from weak attacks anymore. I haven't tried out the EX version though.

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Sun Aug 01, 2010 21:56

High damage SHEN WOO COMBO from Arcadia:

jump C, stand C, f+B (HD activate) dash stand C, f+B, SHEN WOO HAMMER, SHEN WOO FOLLOWUP dc .D SHEN WOO UPPERCUT, .A SHEN WOO PUNCH LITE (opponent cornered) dc .D SHEN WOO UPPERCUT, dc .C SHEN WOO PUNCH LITE dc .D SHEN WOO UPPERCUT, .D SHEN WOO UPPERCUT dc .C SHEN WOO PUNCH LITE dc .D SHEN WOO UPPERCUT, .D SHEN WOO UPPERCUT, .B SHEN WOO UPPERCUT, SHEN WOO GOES SSJ

837 damage. Starts midscreen and pushes to the corner, 2 stocks.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Fri Aug 06, 2010 17:45

I don't really play Shen, but this tidbit from the mook seems particularly juicy:
If you do the motion HCB ub up- uf in air and press .A .B .C just before landing, you will do a EX SHEN WOO BITCHSLAP while going into hyper drive mode. Seems like a *very* good way to sucker turtling opponents into eating Hyper Drive mode combos.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Mon Aug 09, 2010 14:38

PS: Still traumatized by my 2k3 Shen? :D

I read on Chinese forums that Shen Woo can link low B into crouching C/standing C. Can anyone attest to that? I actually had a chance to test but totally forgot that it needed to be tried.

But I did try that EX SHEN WOO UPPERCUT can't link from weak attacks. On another note, it does juggle pretty high, so I can do SHEN WOO GOES SSJ afterwards. I did try to link SSJ into SHEN WOO HEAVENBREAKER, which should be possible but timing is likely strict. More test in the lab I suppose.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 08:11

Perfect Stranger wrote:I don't really play Shen, but this tidbit from the mook seems particularly juicy:
If you do the motion HCB ub up- uf in air and press .A .B .C just before landing, you will do a EX SHEN WOO BITCHSLAP while going into hyper drive mode. Seems like a *very* good way to sucker turtling opponents into eating Hyper Drive mode combos.
I read that too in the mook but I don't get the logic behind it. I under that ABC, that's straight forward, but what the additional inputs, Perfect Stranger, I dunno if you read Japanese but if you can elaborate that'll be cool.
PenPen wrote:PS: Still traumatized by my 2k3 Shen? :D

I read on Chinese forums that Shen Woo can link low B into crouching C/standing C. Can anyone attest to that? I actually had a chance to test but totally forgot that it needed to be tried.
I couldn't get it to combo, but after a blocked d.B, you can proceed with a s.C and it doesn't seem like they can do anything in between, tried it several times and nobody countered in any way. I'll test more.

EDIT: Tested the Ex Throw+HD shortcut and was frustrated for a bit coz he kept activating without command throwing. (On another note, it works perfectly fine off a f.B as expected) Turns out I missed the key words "do the motion HCB ub up- uf in air and press .A .B .C just before landing" Now it makes sense, I'll go and test that out.

fiol
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by fiol » Fri Aug 27, 2010 08:11