Capcom Fighting Evolution (Xbox)

Anime Games Films Etc
Branger
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Currently Playing:Too much, or not enough?
XBL:BurningRanger23
PSN:BurningRanger23
Capcom Fighting Evolution (Xbox)

Post by Branger » Sat Jun 25, 2005 06:52

Stay away from this game at all costs. I had hoped the game would at least be 'fun' from what others said of the PS2 version. So I thought I'd pick it up for the Xbox, since the online would be somewhat interesting. But the game suffers from crappy graphics, poor control, strange character changes (WTF happened to Urien and the other SF3 characters?!?) and uninspiring music (except for maybe the Underworld BGM, which is remniscent of Vampire, but not so memorable). And if you go online, expect even worse control and response times.

I'm selling my copy by the way, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone...

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Tue Jul 05, 2005 05:00

I would only purchase this game because of Ingrid (yeah, I adore her) and the LIVE support.

... though I know I may play it for 2 hours, and then remove it from my XB and putting GGXX#R instead D:

-4n'Dant3-
Powering up...89%
Powering up...89%

Post by -4n'Dant3- » Wed Jul 06, 2005 17:47

well honestly, the ps2 version was nothing to write about either. uninspired characters, recycled sprites, no storyline, inflexible super systems...

i'd go for CvS2 over this anyday.

ctrl+awesome
More power! ...34%
More power! ...34%

Post by ctrl+awesome » Thu Jul 07, 2005 00:05

when it comes down to the coice of this game, i'd get it on the XBox rather than PS2.

Mr1337
Charging...85%
Charging...85%
Currently Playing:Demigod (PC), Drakensang (PC), Team Fortress 2 (PC)
Location:In my secret volcano lair, plotting world domination.

Post by Mr1337 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 22:48

To put CFE in one word it would be...MUGEN. Haviing Demitri facing Alex would be murder on your eyes.

Cascade
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by Cascade » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:21

This game is really no fun, even in the arcade. Capcom totally struck out.
The gameplay isn't that horrible, but it's boring; nothing standing out about it at all. I would argue that it's nowhere near as hideously unbalanced as Capcom's VS series games, though some people complain about Jedah. But when a game looks terrible, sounds terrible, and has virtually nothing noteworthy or interesting about it, with a tiny cast, and, most importantly, stock gameplay with nothing really new, why even bother?

I rented it once as well, that time for the PS2. The only things I enjoyed were playing as Mukuro and getting to hear Karin's evil rich girl laugh again. That's it. They had the music of individual characters playable in the sound test, which made me wonder why they didn't make character specific themes instead of having stage themes like the god-awful NYC theme.

I imagine the Xbox has the best value out of the console ports since it has online capability, but I usually just laugh at online fighters, since the games are just totally jacked up and ruined by lag and internet faggotry. (lol irony.) XD
Mind you, the arcade has stupid stuff about it too, but if it's going to be an arguably broken online experience, I'd still enjoy myself and have a lot of fun, but only if it was a good game. This is not one of those games.

Burningfist
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by Burningfist » Tue Nov 08, 2005 06:23

Good luck finding people to play online in the Xbox version, last weeks top player had about 25 matches. :roll: