2k2 UM - Andy Bogard

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo
Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
2k2 UM - Andy Bogard

Post by Kane317 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 05:53

Still a very solid character. Andy was designed to be MaxMode friendly.

-His SCs are: Air.qcf+K~P (on the P), db~f+A (A only), dp+P (although not so useful)

-Corner combo: j.D, s.C, f+B, qcf+B, B (still) combos
j.D, s.C, f+B, qcf+P, SC into qcb~hcf+K (S)DM
-MaxMode Corner: d.B, df+A [1hit], hcf+P [4hits], hcf+B [3~4hits], qcf+B~C, SC into qcb~hcf+BD SDM, dx2+P ~ 70% You prolly can add a BC opener if you wanted to (s.C, BC, dash, df+A etc).

TamaYak
One stock!
One stock!

Re: 2k2 UM - Andy Bogard

Post by TamaYak » Wed Mar 11, 2009 22:54

His new ground hitting fireball move from Fatalfury Realbout is useful for adding extra damage after combos. Even if your just out of sweep range u can still walk up and nail them with it.

Forward B knocks down then u can follow with dwndwndwn punch ground fireball.

Other than that I don't know what else is new with him like his firekick still doesn't hit forward like it should.
Also I was unable to hit them with Andys juggle wall combo from kof2000 hcb a, palm hcb a, palm whatever (in max mode maybe).

D:

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Sun Jun 20, 2010 22:17

I like Andy. When I get him on random, I win.

Empty hop combo
c B, c A, df A 1 hit, qcb hcf A

C, hcf C, run, df A 2 hit, jump C
Takes only a little less than kane's jumping combo.
And with jumping attack, if you cancel the standing C after one hit, does about same. It is possible to land 2 hit standing C but timing is weird for me.

RDP D is nice with the delay but I can't see any use unless you really predict your opponent and they have slow reactions.

Andy's b version hits much lower and pushes Andy back, not

Db fwd P is not really combo able but its fast and the A version is short, allowing you to go straight into hcf A when it doesn't hit.

His hcf P is FAST. I've interrupted attack strings with it.

Andy has a few cross up games too. After hcf C mid screen, dwnfwd a for two hits then hyper jump and you'll be behind opponent. Break guard per guess.

Facing opp in corner. Hcf c, run, df A, let them stand, jump d, they block but suddenly you're behind them... not sure how to get this to work every time...

giga_d
Charging...76%
Charging...76%
A.K.A.:Orochinagi Staff - u mad? yea u mad.
Currently Playing:with himself in the staff room.
XBL:giga d

Post by giga_d » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:08

Andy is great in UM, one thing I don't like about Andy is that if the opponent is crouching on taking first hit any combo involving HCF K doesn't work, since they remain low and are able to block the rest once it's up in the air.