King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match (or KOF NeoNeowave)

Guides / FAQs / Tutorials with Videos per character for Tougeki Arcade/ 360, Ps2 and Neogeo
Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane
Re: King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match (or KOF NeoNeowave)

Post by Tel » Wed Mar 04, 2009 04:04

Iie-Kyo wrote:I don't know man - outside of the gay boss characters, SNK went out of their way to buff the lower tiers. Kyo-2 doesn't suck anymore, Seth is once again complete, Joe is fucking awesome, etc. Billy's f + A tool being removed is small potatoes (and in fact a necessary nerf) to what SNKP did to try to get these characters somewhat balanced.
Exactly there. Both Kyo clones were pretty bad in 99, and if they weren't buffed in 2k2 UM they'd absolutely be bottom feeding. As a Seth and Joe user, I obviously am biased towards their return to form. I'm also a Billy user, but the crouching B > f+A was indeed pretty retarded in 2k2 for being a safe advance move. After all, in a combo, most people would do a dp+B instead, so it's not a loss to his combo capability, just to his annoyance factor. Which isn't that much of a nerf when he already has the longest ranged crouching A in the game.

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Wed Mar 04, 2009 07:54

Well, for a start, Jhun can move after the thing is out, and it covers a huge area, so it's the closest you'll get to having an Aegis Reflector style trap. And in the corner, it's a setup for his stomps > air super combo.

ya sounds about right. i'm lazy about setup supers since i always prefer just doin a super from a combo and let it ride.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Mar 04, 2009 17:00

You know, Nightmare Geese now has an infinite! Awesome.

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Wed Mar 04, 2009 18:34

Not that it matters, he's SNK boss broken anyway :D
Igniz has his classic infinite too, but Krizalid's was removed.

giga_d
Charging...76%
Charging...76%
A.K.A.:Orochinagi Staff - u mad? yea u mad.
Currently Playing:with himself in the staff room.
XBL:giga d

Post by giga_d » Fri Mar 06, 2009 15:25

Anyone help me out with changes to these top tier (2k2) characters clarify on some details thx and any additions:

- - -

Vanessa:

Vanessa's lol stupid MAX mode stuff is gone.

- - -

Angel:

Can't juggle off-ground opponent after that punch (infinite nerfed).

- - -

Billy:

Billy Forward A nerfed (1st hit misses if close), down A nerfed somwehat.

- - -

Kim:

Kim's close C having a smaller activation range and no longer a 1F startup.

- - -

Athena:

Athena no longer can fagcheez with her fireballs (not sure on -exactly- what this means tho).

- - -

Choi:

?

- - -

thanks.

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:a "trader" and a "messenger"
Currently Playing:...with someone's mind...

Post by Yuki Yagami » Fri Mar 13, 2009 06:41

There is a last update...

Characters: http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/ ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Videos (Excluded from the DVD) : http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/ ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr. NeoGeo's say on the Secret Characters + Boss battle requirements: http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/ ... o/012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Boss Battle Requirements

Midboss
Nameless - Finish 2 of the first 4 Stages with a HSDM
Kula - Finish 3 of the first 4 Stages with a SDM
Clones - Finish 3 of the first 4 Stages with a DM
Foxy or Angel - Finish the first 4 Stages Normally

NESTS Boss
Igniz - Finish Stage 5 (or the Stage after the MIdboss Battle) with a HSDM
Original Zero - Finish Stage 5 with a SDM
Clone Zero - Finish Stage 5 with a DM
Krizalid - Finish Stage 5 normally

Omega Rugal - Finish the NESTS Boss with a Straight Bonus or in Round 2.

Defeating the NESTS Boss in Round 3/Final Round will automatically give you the End Credits instead.

PenPen
MOAR
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders

Post by PenPen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 18:44

As expected, KOF 2k2 UM will have a location test over here at HK and Guangzhou, China. Actually, it's tomorrow for HK and the day after and after for Guangzhou. And it's the arcade vershun!

http://www.snkplaymore.com.hk/THEKINGOF ... ex_tc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please please please don't release it in April. Or May. Or else KOF XII is going to take a big hit in popularity.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Fri Apr 10, 2009 04:12

OMG, Best news ive heard for a while!

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kane317 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 04:16

PenPen wrote:As expected, KOF 2k2 UM will have a location test over here at HK and Guangzhou, China. Actually, it's tomorrow for HK and the day after and after for Guangzhou. And it's the arcade vershun!

http://www.snkplaymore.com.hk/THEKINGOF ... ex_tc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please please please don't release it in April. Or May. Or else KOF XII is going to take a big hit in popularity.

OH SHIT. There's hope they're bring it over here finally, (cool they're testing it in the arcade that I've been before, it's HUGE and it's a great place for publicity), figures they'd test it in HK and Guang Zhou where they love KOF still :)

Yeah it's gonna be weird to have a release so close to each other (the console release was already strangely too close to kof12).

EDIT: I was thinking about the ramifications some more, and this BASICALLY means it's coming out to the arcade. Crazy. My local arcade owner is SO gonna get this =)

EDIT2: PenPen, they have XII out in Wanchai (I think it was Game Zone) too.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Fri Apr 10, 2009 06:19

Kane317 wrote:
PenPen wrote:As expected, KOF 2k2 UM will have a location test over here at HK and Guangzhou, China. Actually, it's tomorrow for HK and the day after and after for Guangzhou. And it's the arcade vershun!

OH SHIT. There's hope they're bring it over here finally, (cool they're testing it in the arcade that I've been before, it's HUGE and it's a great place for publicity), figures they'd test it in HK and Guang Zhou where they love KOF still :)

Yeah it's gonna be weird to have a release so close to each other (the console release was already strangely too close to kof12).

EDIT: I was thinking about the ramifications some more, and this BASICALLY means it's coming out to the arcade. Crazy. My local arcade owner is SO gonna get this =)

EDIT2: PenPen, they have XII out in Wanchai (I think it was Game Zone) too.
Yeah, I played XII yesterday, impreshuns here RAWR.

I won't make it to the MK Game Zone however today. I guess I'll just translate stuff when the locals talk about it.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Fri Apr 10, 2009 07:00

Yeah please do.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Fri Apr 10, 2009 20:56

Turned out that I did go there, but not for long (was there with a friend who wanted to watch XII, which I played). They had a back-to-back cabinet setup and an additional TV put on with widescreen for people to watch. But because the game itself doesn't support widescreen, everything looks grainier and stretched. Wee.

I think it's essentially the same as the PS2 version, except they changed it to an arcade mode. Additionally, there's a lot of people surrounding the machines. Not a lot of guys were playing XII, since it's drawing a lot of KOFers to the 2k2UM machines.

So yeah, if you have the PS2 version, it's mostly the same. Nothing new, just an arcade release of 2k2UM. But named with that Chinese subtitle of "Road of Revenge." I think it was posted that the machine did crash a few times (more development time for XII to get played more? I'm all for it).

So far based on observation on the players:
Daimon's qcb+K has lesser or no invincibility.
Kyo-1's qcfx2+P is weaker?

But that's all I can find so far.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Apr 11, 2009 00:10

PenPen wrote:Turned out that I did go there, but not for long (was there with a friend who wanted to watch XII, which I played). They had a back-to-back cabinet setup and an additional TV put on with widescreen for people to watch. But because the game itself doesn't support widescreen, everything looks grainier and stretched. Wee.

I think it's essentially the same as the PS2 version, except they changed it to an arcade mode. Additionally, there's a lot of people surrounding the machines. Not a lot of guys were playing XII, since it's drawing a lot of KOFers to the 2k2UM machines.

So yeah, if you have the PS2 version, it's mostly the same. Nothing new, just an arcade release of 2k2UM. But named with that Chinese subtitle of "Road of Revenge." I think it was posted that the machine did crash a few times (more development time for XII to get played more? I'm all for it).

So far based on observation on the players:
Daimon's qcb+K has lesser or no invincibility.
Kyo-1's qcfx2+P is weaker?

But that's all I can find so far.
Ah nice work PenPen. Can you confirm at all if they had the EX or bosses in the game?

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Sat Apr 11, 2009 06:21

No, I didn't see the character select screen. But they didn't mention about EX characters being usable, so I assume that they aren't shown yet.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Fri Apr 24, 2009 17:38

Guys, KOF 2002 UM is out in arcades today.

Disappointing.

I don't mean the game itself. I played it for 2 rounds and it plays pretty well, even though I do have some issues on waking up where it seems, for example if you're knocked down hard and the opponent crosses over you before you wake up, and does a jump attack (or somehow you switched sides while lying on the ground), you wake up facing with your back towards the opponent (and can't block immediately, it seems). Happened a few times to me.

But what I meant, is that there is so little time (2 weeks, maybe?) between XII and 2k2UM's arcade release. Even though I read on CX that Dr. NeoGeo said both are pandering to different types of customers, it's what I thought: "Not rly."

The arcade I visit has both XII and 2k2UM and XII is deserted already. This is sad.