Fuu wrote:BP Kagura is really weak in JUS i feel like a full Gintama deck is not practical :(
She seems more or less between low/mid-tier to me.
But she does have her uses.
- Strong normals - especially her forward + Y. Though not much in the mindgames department, but if you hit with her neutral Y, you can pull off a lot of useful support koma followups and into her specials (Y -> Kenshiro 3 -> 4koma X or Y -> Gotenks 3 -> 6 koma X. If you're going for a Gintama deck, Okita 3 could work as well).
- Healing. Though arguably a lot of characters can do that, it's that her heal specials (especially her 5 koma) are usually faster than the rest (in terms of playable characters, of course, with the exception of Kinnikuman's 7koma - and even then, he's harder to win with than Kagura, IMO).
- Pulling off unexpected attacks with both her 6 koma specials. Best to bait during 4P matches, especially her up + X since it stays for a while, and you could bait someone thinking that she's pulling off a taunt. X is great for ringout purposes and can be followed up with a support which attacks in the air for pushing them out further for a ringout (Vegeta 3, Gotenks 3 and maybe Kanda 3), but too much abuse of it as a standalone move might make you predictable and leaves you open for attack.
- Her 2koma support, much like Tsuna & Reborn 2, is a decent traveling projectile that can knock an opponent out at the tip of a stage for a potential ringout.
- Her 3koma support is pretty awesome; since it switches the opponent's battle character after it does it's damage on the previous one (Great for an opponent who switched out a near-dead character). You could, for example, use it (and time it right) with Gintoki's 6 koma X/Up + X. It's easy
to trap an opponent with the attack, either by attacking into it or even placing her, then pushblocking an attacking opponent to get 'em right close to the table.
Basically with Kagura - it's mostly about the normals and use for meter building. The best one could do is mix and match with her B -> Up + B -> Air B, fwd + B -> fwd Y, neutral Y (if you get that opening and a wall is broken + support = GGPO) and use her specials sparingly. But much like Anna and Robin (arguably more lower tier than her), she's pretty fun to play as and win with. So for battle = 6 koma. For support, either, but perferably her 3 koma.