[UM] Omega Rugal

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane
[UM] Omega Rugal

Post by Tel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 07:13

qcf+C travels much faster now. I had a hard time trying to reflect it with Orochi.

hcb+A is the same as before. hcb+C has a HUGE hitbox covering pretty much the entire screen behind Rugal. I did a high jump so that I was about 70% screen distance from Rugal after he stopped, and I still took 3 hits in mid-air.

qcf,qcf+P is faster to start now as well. Haven't tried chaining into it yet, since I prefer using the Destruction Omega for sheer damage.

Oh, the AI is still pretty dumb BTW. You can't bait it into doing Genocide Cutters using a vertical or backward hop/jump, but if you hop forward, he'll do a Genocide Cutter. Just hop forward from a safe distance, and it's pretty much '98 all over again.

TamaYak
One stock!
One stock!

Post by TamaYak » Tue Jul 08, 2008 06:40

The SNK combo video shows ORugal able to perform 2 genocide cutters then his grab super after his hcb a/c that wasn't in the original 98.

:o

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Tue Jul 08, 2008 16:14

TamaYak wrote:The SNK combo video shows ORugal able to perform 2 genocide cutters then his grab super after his hcb a/c that wasn't in the original 98.

:o
Haven't unlocked the video, but I was just playing around with Rugal in Practice, and his hcb+C now juggles. From starting position, hcb+C > (B) Genocide Cutter twice > qcf,qcf+K or qcf,hcb+P. SDM is instant KO.

Also, qcf,hcb+P recovers almost instantly when blocked. It's virtually unpunishable now.