bets?

For everything the stupid room can't provide! And Freud!
The Master
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:For Great JUSTICE!
Currently Playing:KOF 13, Tekken 6
XBL:Vlad Draulea
PSN:NYCYakuzaKyo
bets?

Post by The Master » Thu Mar 11, 2010 23:58

Who wants to take bets that Taito will intro a new rig soon?

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Re: bets?

Post by Gunsmith » Fri Mar 12, 2010 14:45

Considering the hacking going on, they better! Then again, if Capcom leads the way by abandoning the arcade, there might be no point...

The Master
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by The Master » Fri Mar 12, 2010 23:46

Gunsmith wrote:Considering the hacking going on, they better! Then again, if Capcom leads the way by abandoning the arcade, there might be no point...

true.. and i see SEGA's custom rigs are faring better on this respect as well..

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Mar 13, 2010 02:44

Gunsmith wrote:Then again, if Capcom leads the way by abandoning the arcade, there might be no point...
The arcade scene did fine without Capcom for a pretty long time (their last real arcade game was what, CvS2 back in 2001?) - them leaving again after a short year's return isn't going to change things much.

As for Taito, I don't know - is there really any game out there that really pushes the TX2 to the limit at the moment? I mean, the SFIV benchmark ran fine on my 3-year old graphics card on my PC at home.

The Master
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by The Master » Sat Mar 13, 2010 04:16

SonicTempest wrote:
Gunsmith wrote:Then again, if Capcom leads the way by abandoning the arcade, there might be no point...
The arcade scene did fine without Capcom for a pretty long time (their last real arcade game was what, CvS2 back in 2001?) - them leaving again after a short year's return isn't going to change things much.

As for Taito, I don't know - is there really any game out there that really pushes the TX2 to the limit at the moment? I mean, the SFIV benchmark ran fine on my 3-year old graphics card on my PC at home.

Crysis-arcade edition. lol j/k. but i mean more along of fixing the broken lock out. sort of a TX2+, or something. and SF IV we all know isnt really too demanding in the way of PC gaming.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Sat Mar 13, 2010 13:41

SFIV runs fine on old pcs? You sure you didn't have a killer pc three years ago? I highly doubt my pc could run sfiv :(

What IS the arcade scene without Capcom? I wonder what percentage do fighting games make up in the whole market these days...

The Master
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by The Master » Sun Mar 14, 2010 23:55

Gunsmith wrote:SFIV runs fine on old pcs? You sure you didn't have a killer pc three years ago? I highly doubt my pc could run sfiv :(

What IS the arcade scene without Capcom? I wonder what percentage do fighting games make up in the whole market these days...

Fighters are a very small percentage these days.. cant throw numbers though.. i'd have to guess, maybe 1% output,even with the rebirth and renewed interest. it's still the same few companies doing it.

a 6600GT and a dual core 2.0ghz with 1GB of ram can play SF IV. mind you those arent max specs, but it's playable.