Anime Recommendation?

For everything the stupid room can't provide! And Freud!
Wolfie
Almost there! ...99%
Almost there! ...99%
A.K.A.:I am single & available
Currently Playing:Meself
PSN:yummymochi
Anime Recommendation?

Post by Wolfie » Sat May 07, 2005 04:35

Im just into anime recently, thanks to my IT fren accidentally introducing me to Naruto ep 89. At that time we were just swapping Ext HDD & he didnt know the content of his. LOL
Well I actually already watch those otakus animes since a kid, long long time ago... just got bumped up again.

So need your rec, im looking for any interesting Samurai/Ninja series. i already seen these:

Basilisk
Ninja Scroll (movie)
Samurai 7
Samurai Champloo

I also already got Jubei Chan series a while back, but havent watch it yet.

So I prefer good samurai & Nonja show with something after release year 1999. Of course I prefer modern type animation. :)

Ps: if you havent watch Basilisk, it just came out abt 3 eps. Its a WOW factor. U go grab this!

Arasoi
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:Protogem

Post by Arasoi » Sat May 07, 2005 04:49

Its not an Samurai/Ninja show, but Id recommend Berserk, if you're willing to continue into the manga to complete the story.

Wolfie
Almost there! ...99%
Almost there! ...99%

Post by Wolfie » Sat May 07, 2005 05:00

Well I dont mind other than a Samurai/Ninja type, hopefully similar though & that's the point of this thread.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... php?id=328
According to info, its a oldie 1997-98. :(

Any good really? Coz otherwise this 24 eps gonna go to my 24gig animes on t3h queue. ^^;

Forgot to mention, Im a purist. So I will look for a fansub group that has completed the series. Preferably, unless in extreme condition.

Arasoi
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:Protogem

Post by Arasoi » Sat May 07, 2005 05:37

Its one of the best animes Ive ever seen, though that doesnt mean anything by itself really. (When is the manga never better?)

If it helps, I thought Kenshin was horrible compared to it...

Its been completely fansubbed by multiple groups, youd have to research that one though because I have the DVDs.

kadosho
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:kadosho
PSN:kadosho

Post by kadosho » Sat May 07, 2005 08:01

Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex
*its very different from the two films, but more enjoyable
SAC is broken into various parts, plus lots of action (and stuff blows up too).
That aside its more like a cop show, but it doesnt take itself seriously.

Plus it doesn't overkill on philosophy (which dir: Oshii of GitS1&2 generalized on).
And takes a bit more from the manga instead. Making it more fun to watch.

Sheba
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:ALL HAIL OPPAI!!!
Currently Playing:Civilization 5 , BlazBlue: Continuum Shift , Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Minecraft, Magicka
PSN:TigerBalmSniffer

Post by Sheba » Sat May 07, 2005 08:28

Gungrave. The only anime that is far superior to its videogame counterpart. If you wanted an anime that tells a long mafia story, The Godfather, Good Fellas and a Bullet in The Head rolled into one, you have it. And it have one of the best endings around.

KoFFreaK
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by KoFFreaK » Sat May 07, 2005 09:11

I have berserk, but havent really finished it, it looks old and the conversations are moslty about "defeating you".
For samurai/ninja...hmmm, I have been recently been watching "Bleach". Its very new.
It has alot of story and its comic relief once in a while. I like it, but the hollows look sortof dumb, but they get sliced away so its cool. The story just doesnt start and dies off, it just keeps going and gets better, I really like ep. 17, thats where everything sortof moves in a diffrent direction.
Well this isnt very ninja like, the fighting style and everything they have, but it does involve swords and fighting :roll: . Now that I think of it I wouldn't call it comic relief, because it has its humor all along the way. I would recommend it, but if you get tired of the hollows...dont worry, they go away 8) , and dont know what happens, havent seen the whole thing.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

kill this thread!

Post by Gunsmith » Sat May 07, 2005 09:46

I was just thinking of a thread like this, where everyone would get one post each so you can find someone who suits your taste... well I'll do it later!

BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII

Post by BP » Sat May 07, 2005 10:23

I'd also reccomend Bleach myself; it's action scenes might be a lot less violent than the manga, but it still does the job well. The humor's a plus, of course.

I suppose you have watched Cowboy Bebop, yes? If you haven't, then you should. No Samurais/Ninjas there, but the show itself is pretty class.

Wolfie
Almost there! ...99%
Almost there! ...99%

Post by Wolfie » Sat May 07, 2005 12:38

Ahh yes Bleach... prolly one of best long eps anime with sword wielding action, more like supernatural/overpowered being not a samurai.

I got Gungrave complete series (havent started watchin it yet), done with all GITS SAC & watched a bit of Bebop on TV, but again those aint a samurai type. :(

I've found one, Samurai Deeper Kyo. From wat i read the reviews, aint crash hot.

If you guys really into those dark action/drama, then better start watching Speed Grapher.

Man, sooo many fansub out there. I've been like 24/7~365 for me d/ling em all. :D

Monpochi
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:Credens Justitiam

Post by Monpochi » Sun May 08, 2005 00:02

Wolfie wrote:I've found one, Samurai Deeper Kyo. From wat i read the reviews, aint crash hot.
Gah.. it's like a Samurai story on steroids. Sheesh.... and the hero is like... gah.... *hates main characters boasting crap around* :-P

Alseid
Powering up...89%
Powering up...89%
A.K.A.:Rambo Jesus
Currently Playing:Bioshock 2, Borderlands, Dead Rising 2, and of course, KOF XIII
PSN:AlseidOreades

Post by Alseid » Sun May 08, 2005 06:55

Samurai Deeper Kyo = Rurouni Kenshin with enemies that turn into badly designed monsters.

Also, i second the mention to Speed Grapher.
And, while absolutely unrelated to samurais and ninjas, I recommend Sousei no Aquarion. Think Escaflowne + Evangelion. And Heat Guy J, a semi futuristic detective vs mafia story, though it only grows a proper plot by episode 12, before that it's just all random cases and stuff.

s_y
Charging...76%
Charging...76%
PSN:bonta76

Post by s_y » Sun May 08, 2005 08:29

Samurai Deeper Kyo is ass.

Wolfie
Almost there! ...99%
Almost there! ...99%

Post by Wolfie » Sun May 08, 2005 08:58

i like Sousei way better than bloody boring Eva.

Sousei = Orgasm of the century

Sheba
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:ALL HAIL OPPAI!!!
Currently Playing:Civilization 5 , BlazBlue: Continuum Shift , Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Minecraft, Magicka
PSN:TigerBalmSniffer

Post by Sheba » Sun May 08, 2005 09:36

Monpochi wrote:
Wolfie wrote:I've found one, Samurai Deeper Kyo. From wat i read the reviews, aint crash hot.
Gah.. it's like a Samurai story on steroids. Sheesh.... and the hero is like... gah.... *hates main characters boasting crap around* :-P
You like whiny angsting teenagers better than them? ;3