Stuff to do in Seattle?

For everything the stupid room can't provide! And Freud!
SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest
Stuff to do in Seattle?

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Nov 03, 2006 19:40

Er, yeah.

I'm going to be in Seattle next weekend for a company visit with Amazon.com (just got an employment offer from them :D). I'll be busy all day Friday, but I'll have Saturday and part of Sunday to do some sightseeing, so I thought I'd ask if anyone here could recommend some places for me to visit while I'm there.

Shiny
Posts too much
A.K.A.:Wreck-It Richard.
Currently Playing:Baseball. With your skull.
XBL:Callsign Rain
PSN:Anariaca3279

Post by Shiny » Fri Nov 03, 2006 19:45

:kiss:

:(

Vice Vecta
Almost there! ...74%
Almost there! ...74%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Vice Vecta » Fri Nov 03, 2006 19:53

Heard the coffee in that city is pretty good. Also the university pubs are good for drinks and chicks.

The Space Needle is a must visit too.

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Sat Nov 04, 2006 02:11

Well unless you're really interested in hiking and wilderness there's not much to see here. If you absolutely can't live without civilization, though, it's not much but here's what I know of (for all these places you'll probably have to mapquest or something):

-Yes there is the Space Needle in downtown. The Experience Music Project is in the same area if you like spending money to learn about Seattle history of music. I used to think it was free but evidently it's not.

-There's also Gameworks if you like spending too much money. They don't have any KoF though. Or any SNK games for that matter. No place does, sorry to say.

-If you have a DVD or VHS player and are interested in perusing a giant collection of videos and DVDs (more than you can find on Bittorrent, even), visit Scarecrow Video in the U-District. It's mostly rental though.

-Similarly there's Kicks Hobby in Northgate, which has import games, figures, gashopon, anime, and lots of Transformers stuff. It's not big, kind of expensive but there's some rare stuff there.

-There's also Nintendo in Redmond, which is about 15-20 minutes from Seattle. You can visit their public area for some memorabilia. There might even be some Wiis set up for demoing there, if they still do that (haven't been there in a while)

-And oh yeah, it's not coffee, but some friends of mine own a tea house in the U-District called Shinka Tea, try it out if you have the time.

That's all I got. Hope it's good for something. Don't look for me; I'll be in Las Vegas with family. Now there's a place with stuff to do :P

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Nov 04, 2006 20:35

LOL, so not that many things to do in the city, eh. Well, no matter, it's only for a day anyhow - although if I end up working there I might get bored on the weekends, lol.

Thanks, guys.