Kyo (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Tue Jan 31, 2006 16:49

Nope, it's just a fireball. Nothing really damaging or special about it. But it gives Kyo an option against turtlers. Don't complain that it's not amazinng since it hasn't been part of Kyo's staple for 10 years, especially when Kyo really doesn't need a fireball.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Tue Jan 31, 2006 17:43

It's an added option.

I also believes that it makes a critical difference in some match ups. The one that comes to mind for me is vs. Kasumi. IMO, Kasumi owns Kyo is not for the fireball. b,b> Kasanate just shuts down everything else that Kyo has. The fireball evens the match up somewhat.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Tue Jan 31, 2006 18:45

vtu22_2 wrote:Does anyone find Kyo's fireball a bit useless? I rarely use it since it comes out farily slow. I do admit that it does give him a combination with his gameplay, but it's also a bit disappointing that it doesn't do much damage.

If you ask me, they should've made his fireball like Kyo-1 where it's an OTG!

His fireball game cannot pressure well compared to his QCF + punch game. Best thing is to use the fireball randomly at a distance to snuff ground attacks, rather than in combos.

What does everyone else think? Maybe there's some really damaging combos with his fireball??
actually, I find his fireball quite useful, especially when his dp C and his qcf A are stronger now...and the fact u can switch btw qcf C and fireball if the oponent blocks ur foward B /df D.

I like the fact that u can do a fireball after a empty E / Down C/D. Hopping back down A, and then fireball is pretty good as well... just little extra bits that he can do....

I totally agree with AcidicEnema that the fireball gives a critical difference in some match ups...kasumi as mentioned.. tizoc, momoko, etc... if used properly and sparingly, u can actually force the opponent to change their gameplay.. like having to jump more often or pre-empt when u are going to do a fireball...

Think of this situation.. u are low on hp and up against maxima.. timing ur fireballs would be a lot less risky then trying to lend a flying C/D.....or trying to beat his OTG C with ur pokes...

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:08

well, his projectile has always had enormous lag in every version of kof he's been in anyway.....it's a welcome addition to give him...pushes back on block, etc.

just dont whiff it :P

and about kasumi's backdash qcf A/C, i thought it was teh uber in svc even o_0

Scruffy
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Scruffy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:57

Geese wrote: (Corner)jump B, stand C, qcf D,D, qcf A,(wait)qcf A,hcb B, Dp C, (sc) qcf x2 A, (dc) Hcb x2 E.
even though this combo works, what I meant to say was that
its easier and more effective when challenging to omit the hcb b

The longer one delays the HCB+B, the easier it is for the Dp C to hit.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Thu Feb 16, 2006 15:43

Scruffy wrote:
Geese wrote: (Corner)jump B, stand C, qcf D,D, qcf A,(wait)qcf A,hcb B, Dp C, (sc) qcf x2 A, (dc) Hcb x2 E.
even though this combo works, what I meant to say was that
its easier and more effective when challenging to omit the hcb b

not true, if u delay it too much, it would hit and cause the opponent to bounce up anormally high (and the juggling property would become weird like what happens after a Qcf B, B... i.e u can only get a 1 hit DP C/ Jump Down A, right at the top of the bounce.)

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Thu Feb 16, 2006 18:56

so what is the secret in landing that elusive dp c?

Scruffy
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Scruffy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 18:59

Derrick wrote:
Scruffy wrote: (Corner)jump B, stand C, qcf D,D, qcf A,(wait)qcf A,hcb B, Dp C, (sc) qcf x2 A, (dc) Hcb x2 E.

not true, if u delay it too much, it would hit and cause the opponent to bounce up anormally high (and the juggling property would become weird like what happens after a Qcf B, B... i.e u can only get a 1 hit DP C/ Jump Down A, right at the top of the bounce.)
Ahh, maybe I wasn't too clear on that one.
When Kyo performs his QCF D.D, it's important to take note that the 2nd hit should NOT be delayed. That way, after qcf a -> qcf a -> (delayed) hcb b, the 1 hit that comes out from the Dp C will connect with 182, you can only delay hcb b for so long, and unless a cute chick in a low cut dress walks past, the combo will connect 100% of the time.

My guess is that you've been delaying the 2nd hit of QCF D.D. If so, then yes, even the 1st aragami you do might miss(don't ask me why). I should've posted this, but I guess it slipped my mind.

Also, Kyo can also do (in corner) Down B, stand C, qcf D.D -> [insert combo]

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Fri Feb 17, 2006 03:08

Hey Derrick, can the DM still dc to the LDM if you leave out the qcfA, hcbK from the string? Coz my main string is: jB, sC, qcfD,D, qcfA (wait), dpC (hits twice), qcfx2A (hold while opponent drops, release at head hight). But when I try to dc to the LDM, nothing happens…?

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Fri Feb 17, 2006 08:56

Scruffy wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Scruffy wrote: (Corner)jump B, stand C, qcf D,D, qcf A,(wait)qcf A,hcb B, Dp C, (sc) qcf x2 A, (dc) Hcb x2 E.

Ahh, maybe I wasn't too clear on that one.
When Kyo performs his QCF D.D, it's important to take note that the 2nd hit should NOT be delayed. That way, after qcf a -> qcf a -> (delayed) hcb b, the 1 hit that comes out from the Dp C will connect with 182, you can only delay hcb b for so long, and unless a cute chick in a low cut dress walks past, the combo will connect 100% of the time.

My guess is that you've been delaying the 2nd hit of QCF D.D. If so, then yes, even the 1st aragami you do might miss(don't ask me why). I should've posted this, but I guess it slipped my mind.

Also, Kyo can also do (in corner) Down B, stand C, qcf D.D -> [insert combo]
I always delay the second hit of my QCF D, D so I can get maximum height. It's hard to say how much of a delay for the QCF D, D or how slow or fast u must do each Qcf A / Hcb B. It's all about timing it such that it would hit the opponent at the "correct" height.. as for this height, you would have to learn from experience... Just think of Kyo's Infinite in Kof97. Sorry if I am of not much help here, been playing since '95... it's more of a "feeling" than timing for me now....
christensenray wrote:Hey Derrick, can the DM still dc to the LDM if you leave out the qcfA, hcbK from the string? Coz my main string is: jB, sC, qcfD,D, qcfA (wait), dpC (hits twice), qcfx2A (hold while opponent drops, release at head hight). But when I try to dc to the LDM, nothing happens…?
yes, u can leave it out. but u need to time ur dp C so that it should get 2 hits if u didnt Supercancel into Qcf X 2 P DM.

What I am actually interested in knowing is if it's possible to DC from the dp C into LDM instead of doing the Qcf x2 P DM.... it's more worth the damage for 1 skill stock + 2 power stock. than to have that extra DM that would indirectly cost you 1 more skill and power stock.

Will try that other later and let you guys know... Ray, u better be there later....

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Sat Feb 18, 2006 15:25

yes it is VERY possible to supercancel his LDM from a dp c...

it wotn appear as a dream cancel (since you need to do a dm before LDM), but it would be considered as a super cancel...

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Thu Feb 23, 2006 01:50

^^Holy shit i should have thought of that before!!

But then... you need to waste your leader position on Kyo, when Kula or Oswald are so much better....

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sat Mar 04, 2006 21:51

Just wondering, if you're trying to do a clutch combo (i.e. you saw an opening but you can't figure out what to do), can you just run at the guy, std C, D version 75 Shiki Kai (QCF + D, D) -> 182 Shiki (QCF x 2 + P) -> Kamikura (LDM)?

I mean if you NEED to kill off your opponent, but you're not too sure about your timing, but you just need that extra bit of damage, I'd figure following the KISS (keep it simple, stupid) rule would be enough...

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Tue Mar 07, 2006 07:10

omg it's Iie-Kyo.....nice to see you posting again :)

and in response to your querie, yes it works anywhere, not just in the corner...... :)

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Thu Mar 09, 2006 14:03

Iie-Kyo wrote:Just wondering, if you're trying to do a clutch combo (i.e. you saw an opening but you can't figure out what to do), can you just run at the guy, std C, D version 75 Shiki Kai (QCF + D, D) -> 182 Shiki (QCF x 2 + P) -> Kamikura (LDM)?

I mean if you NEED to kill off your opponent, but you're not too sure about your timing, but you just need that extra bit of damage, I'd figure following the KISS (keep it simple, stupid) rule would be enough...
That works, don't ask how often i do it ;)

My 'clutch combo' tho is prolly the same one i've been using since...uh...lessee...SvC prolly. Land a close A or close crouch A, then dp+C, SC off first hit into Shinken. In XI, just add Kamikura and stir.

Instant coffee.

Another clutch combo I occasionally do is cB cA df+D (1hit) qcf+A -> SC qcf 2x+A -> Kamikura. It IS possible to SC using the A button, but with how insane the timing is is why i hardly do it. Easiest cheap bastard way out for me is close A, dp+C, SC Shinken, DC Kamikura.

I don't know how the hell they worked the dreamcancels but i think that dreamcancelling in general is extremely 'canned'. It feels to me a lot like 'if <whatever hits> do DC and it will hit'. This is probably the first time i've ever seen a system that will ground an opponent for you out of the air, just to let you grab em...

Not that i'm complaining mind you, this ver of Kyo is arguably the most powerful ever, i say arguably only coz the NGBC ver is WTFIH8U with that damn air RED kick...