I guess I'll list his "nerfings" in XI, cos he got hit with the nerfstick pretty hard:
- Jump CD has lower air to air priority, speed is slower - possibly due to its animation change.
- His other jump normals were changed animation wise - the hitboxes for these were modified, and I don't think he received much of a benefit from these modifications.
- QCB + C's speed is slower. Mixups with this move aren't as effective.
- dp + B's speed is slower and is no longer an overhead. Its only use now is to stuff rolls and in combos.
- QCF + A and the "diving" followup to his QCB + K/RDP + K have been reduced in priority.
- dwn D cannot be cancelled anymore and is much laggier.
- Close C is laggier and has had its animation changed.
- A lot of his special moves have slower startup.
In return for this, he has gotten the following:
- Possible normal followups to his QCB + K.
- A new QCF + E move that takes a long time to startup, has no range.
I don't think his QCB + K followup options are as great as they seem. Sure now you can select what he does once he hits the wall, but IMO this is no different than what you could do in the previous years - a flying elbow, a flying unblockable "hit-based" throw, or just a nosedive if you think the opponent's going to try to evade it. Basically, the decision of which move to do was made at the initial execution of the Tiger Load in 2k2, rather than once he hits the wall, and IMO the "options" you had in 2k2 were much better (and higher priority, not as nerfed, etc.) than his XI options.
His normal followups aren't too useful (IMO) because of the HUGE length of the KoF XI arena. If you run at the wall, you're gonna end up too far away to hit decently with any of his normals (most of which were nerfed too). This leaves you with his special moves, and as I stated before, the only two things that changed about them was *when* you executed them and how much priority these moves have/had.
I don't think he was broken in 2k2 compared to a lot of the "upper" tiers, and he was certainly no Duo Lon that desperately needed to be nerfed. Horribly underplayed in my area too and in many tournies too.
I don't think he deserves an E rank, but he does seem to be the weak link in my team. I can't seem to get much mileage out of his Tiger Load followups because of The Unholy Three having so many ways to stuff my attempts at being random.
Tick throws are your best friends.