K' (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Mon Apr 02, 2007 18:08

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Crossup / unblockable then.
This is not something where 2 conflicting views can be reconciled. If it is a crossup, it means it can be blocked the other way. If it is an unblockable, blocking up, down, left, right won't help.

Perhaps you are not used to being asked to prove the veracity/originality of your gameplay posts. Be assured that this is common over here and that it is not directed against you as a person.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Apr 03, 2007 14:37

Empyrian wrote:
This is not something where 2 conflicting views can be reconciled. If it is a crossup, it means it can be blocked the other way. If it is an unblockable, blocking up, down, left, right won't help.

Perhaps you are not used to being asked to prove the veracity/originality of your gameplay posts. Be assured that this is common over here and that it is not directed against you as a person.
Whateva man.........I dont need to prove myself to anyone if you think my views are false or slightly incorrect. The fact of the matter is that its is unblockable from jump in character, regardless if its considered a crossup or an unblockable.

facts....ok lets look at facts.

Edit by Perfect Stranger: The following 2 "facts" are wrong, or, rather, incomplete. Nothing against you, but I just want to make sure casual browsers don't read it and go away with the wrong idea. See my own post further down for an explaination.

- ashs far sD, unblockable on incoming character, but on the ground its blockable.
- oswalds df+A, unblockable on incoming, but blockable on ground.

Again, these two facts are not true.

so how does K' differ?? i will agree it does hit more in the back, but I say crossup / unblockable cos it touches on both instances. How can you block a crossup if your not on ground??

im not ignorant.......... Ive tested and seen this stuff for myself, and i havent seen anything to say that it false otherwise.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Tue Apr 03, 2007 14:56

Dark_Chaotix wrote:
Empyrian wrote:

Whateva man.........I dont need to prove myself to anyone if you think my views are false or slightly incorrect. The fact of the matter is that its is unblockable from jump in character, regardless if its considered a crossup or an unblockable.

facts....ok lets look at facts.

- ashs far sD, unblockable on incoming character, but on ground its blockable.

so how does K' differ?? i will agree it does hit more in the back, but I say crossup / unblockable cos it touches on both instances. How can you block a crossup if your not on ground??

im not ignorant.......... Ive tested and seen this stuff for myself, and i havent seen anything to say that it false otherwise.
Hi again, have you tried blocking it on wake up ?

I know Shen Woo, Ash, and Oswald's isn't blockable.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Apr 03, 2007 15:04

No i havent, i was referring to just from incoming characters.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Tue Apr 03, 2007 15:15

Dark_Chaotix wrote:No i havent, i was referring to just from incoming characters.
well, I believe incoming chars and on-wake up chars both share the same unblockable situation. Just that the wake-up situations allow a char to roll or do a move with higher priority. This is why I ask you to do a simple test.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Tue Apr 03, 2007 16:50

Dark_Chaotix wrote:
Whateva man.........I dont need to prove myself to anyone if you think my views are false or slightly incorrect.
Empyrian's tone might (as always) have been a little aggravating, but he is right on this one - You can't say you don't need to prove yourself on an objective, discernible fact. That's like saying gravity doesn't exist but you don't need to prove it.
Dark_Chaotix wrote:
The fact of the matter is that its is unblockable from jump in character, regardless if its considered a crossup or an unblockable.
Ooookay. Now, as Empyrian said earlier, the definition of a crossup is a move that has to be blocked the other way. The definition of a unblockable is that you *cannot* block it. You see how these two can't be true at the same time? Unless you're proposing that the move is *only* unblockable when you try to cross someone up with it. In which case most people would probably still label it as an unblockable with very strict conditions.
Dark_Chaotix wrote: facts....ok lets look at facts.

- ashs far sD, unblockable on incoming character, but on the ground its blockable.
As mentioned above - these two facts are wrong. What is correct is that the last few frames of Ash's far stand d (where the hit box persists) and the last few frames of Oswald's dwnfwd a are both unblockable. It is not true to say they are blockable on the ground but unblockable on incoming character - if you screw up the timing on either such that the opponent doesn't land on those frames, he will be able to block it. Similiarly, on an opponent that is getting up from the ground, timing it correctly *will* result in an unblockable hit.
Dark_Chaotix wrote: so how does K' differ?? i will agree it does hit more in the back, but I say crossup / unblockable cos it touches on both instances. How can you block a crossup if your not on ground??
How does K' differ? Simple. no reports so far have suggested that qcb k x 2 is an unblockable. I'd offer to verify it myself but tragically my PS2 died a few days ago (you can even check the Tech Support sub-forum here to hear me ask for advice on fixing it), and I don't have access to a willing testing partner in the arcades right now either.

An unblockable is a huge thing, making the chances of you being the one to discover it without any corresponding reports elsewhere relatively slim. A crossup, however, is a more normal occurence that doesn't get as much press.

As for how you block a crossup while you're not on the ground - I don't think that's the case here. Again, as far as I know the way the system works is that incoming characters from a KO don't have a hit box until they touch the ground. If this wasn't so a *lot* more stupid stuff would hit. So then the answer to how you block that seems to be - block low the other way.
Dark_Chaotix wrote: im not ignorant.......... Ive tested and seen this stuff for myself, and i havent seen anything to say that it false otherwise.
Derrick wrote: Hi again, have you tried blocking it on wake up ?
Dark_Chaotix wrote: No i havent, i was referring to just from incoming characters.
Exactly how did you do this testing then? Did people you play against just never block that trick when you did it? Either way it seems like testing it on wakeup characters would have been a pretty obvious step to test for unblockability...

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Tue Apr 03, 2007 18:21

Dark_Chaotix wrote:
Whateva man.........I dont need to prove myself to anyone if you think my views are false or slightly incorrect. The fact of the matter is that its is unblockable from jump in character, regardless if its considered a crossup or an unblockable...

Basically you are telling us, "I don't care what you noobs think but I am darn sure it is an unblockable."

Nests Organisation Zero, the site which hosted the vids showcasing K` in this particular situation has a gameplay forum. In this said forum, there are no posts suggesting that K` has an unblockable.

Cross referencing other forums that I have on my browser and there is no such indication either.

You may not be ignorant but you are sure deluded.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Apr 03, 2007 18:31

In terms of checking for authenticity of unblockable, I was unaware of using it on "wake up" characters. Well since now i know, I will be more vigilant in checking it next time.
Empyrian wrote:
Dont intimidate me about posting here, just because i reside at another site / forum. I like it here and like to share things aswell.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Nov 29, 2007 07:49

SUDDEN TOPIC REVIVAL

How do you guys do the instant air minute spike? I can't seem to find a way to get it to come with reasonable consistency.

Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED

Post by Persona » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:24

qcb-ub B?

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Nov 29, 2007 15:44

Persona wrote:qcb-ub B?
Does that work for you? Because it strangely doesn't for me (although other similar short cuts work fine for me, eg., hcb,hcb,ub+E for Duck's LDM).

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Nov 29, 2007 18:28

QCB,ub + B doesn't work too well for me either for some reason, which is why I asked.

Persona
last rank
last rank
A.K.A.:BANNED
Currently Playing:BANNED

Post by Persona » Fri Nov 30, 2007 03:49

It doesn't work well for me too but I know that it works 100% for some people. I just did jump and instantly do qcb B. Seems to be the easiest way but it gets tiring since you would have to do it really quickly. I guess something like (numpad), 8 and then roll it clockwise to 4? That might work.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Fri Nov 30, 2007 05:07

SonicTempest wrote:QCB,ub + B doesn't work too well for me either for some reason, which is why I asked.
I normally do down, up, qcb B => the small jump motion then followed by the air kick. Guess that's the full motion eh? :oops:

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sat Dec 01, 2007 13:46

I do df, then small jump into it. It comes as shadow and the key is to let it go neutral after all successfull minutes spikes Then repeat from beginning. Not consistantly tho. I can get 2-3 fine tho.