KOF XI PS2 Characters + Bosses: General information

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Thu Jun 29, 2006 17:32

Adel can SC his light qcf+K into any DM and it will hit. Including the C version of the Kaiser Wave.

And they will all link from b+B (after up to 3-hits).

Actually, if he didn't have the worst defense, guard gauge and the second worst stun gauge in the game, I'd say he's a bit on the overpowered side. But unlike using any bosses in previous KOF, I wouldn't mind playing against an Adel.

Yes, this is going slightly off topic so I'll tell you some more stuff later...

Kingrand
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Kingrand » Thu Jun 29, 2006 18:20

Finished the PS2 Original Characters!
Tel, check your e-mail, ok!

About Shion's move names... I've been searching everywhere, and I can't find the official move names (too bad, I can't read kanji...).

Hope you can updates your FAQ soon!
Love your work, man!

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:46

Dunno if you want to add this as a note, but command input for Adel is ridiculously easy.

During his std C, although it cancels off the second hit, you can input the motion for your next move at ANY TIME during the std C - the game will store the motion and your special move will come out after the second hit.

Kingrand: Where is your Mai cosplay avatar from? O_o

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Jul 01, 2006 14:44

alexis wrote: Actually, if he didn't have the worst defense, guard gauge and the second worst stun gauge in the game, I'd say he's a bit on the overpowered side. But unlike using any bosses in previous KOF, I wouldn't mind playing against an Adel.

Yes, this is going slightly off topic so I'll tell you some more stuff later...
Well, Adel hits as hard as he takes it, and his attacks stun easily too, for someone who doesn't have all that many hits or long combos. If he had normal levels of stun and damage resistance, he'd be a bit overpowered. Same goes with Jyazu as well. I think Adel's pretty well balanced in XI: does good damage, but doesn't have a reliable anti-air save for his DM. And they did tone down his ridiculous jump B from 2k3.

And yeah, I noticed it's pretty easy to combo after his standing C, though given that he doesn't have too many options for you to play with, I normally stand C > b+B > qcf+D or hcb+C, or qcf,qcf+D/LDM.

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Sat Jul 01, 2006 15:16

Iie-Kyo wrote:Dunno if you want to add this as a note, but command input for Adel is ridiculously easy.

Kingrand: Where is your Mai cosplay avatar from? O_o
Input is ridiculously easy for almost anybody in KoFXI compared to previous KoFs, don't you think? ;)

The Mai Cosplay is "Marjolaine is Mai Shiranui". She is French and did a cosplay shooting + interview for a French gaming magazine. Search on Cyberfanatix. You still might find the whole thing and if you want my opinion she looks ok but there are FAR better cosplays!

--Blast

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Sun Jul 02, 2006 06:17

Oh yeah, changed the topic of this thread, forgot to leave a message to that effect. ;p

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 21:04

Question regarding Geese: On the PS2, it lists that he has a df+C during some sort of move, anyone figure out what it means yet?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out; you execute df+C on OTG opponents to pick them up, real cool.

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Mon Jul 03, 2006 02:25

Anyone actually find a viable match situation in which Geese's df+C OTG can be used? In NGBC, i was using it as a runup immediately after the unblockable Lv2 Raging Storm...That...doesn't quite seem to work here for some reason.

Kingrand
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Kingrand » Mon Jul 03, 2006 18:40

Shirakani wrote:Anyone actually find a viable match situation in which Geese's df+C OTG can be used? In NGBC, i was using it as a runup immediately after the unblockable Lv2 Raging Storm...That...doesn't quite seem to work here for some reason.
Use it after Joudan Atemi Nage.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 01:40

Depending on the situation, after jump+E or sweep (you'll have to dash a little) the df+C follow-up will work.

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Tue Jul 04, 2006 13:30

Found a NGBC comparable one...close C, hcf+A, SC Raging Storm, then run up and df+C, haw.

Just like off the unblockable RS in NGBC, it even 'feels' the same too, the pickup seems more deliberate than if you were to do it just off a sweep, the timing is always slightly odd there...

Should be mentioned also that Geese's deadly rave startup has KOF97 Iori Ya Otome property....as in....use it on anything that comes in...it'll win, don't worry...

Even goes right thru Magaki's shiny little pink stars too, how fun :D

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Thu Jul 06, 2006 04:49

Tel, I was reading your FAQ and noticed that you say that all emergency evade moves are invincible through their duration.

I just wanted to clear up that the forward moving fallbreaker is not invincible at all... in fact, anything and everything will hit if you do this. Magaki's favorite thing to do to me is counter a forward fallbreaker with his LDM before the roll is even halfway through lmao Any projectiles (except possibly King's Top Venom) will hit you, you can be thrown with command throws, and any LDM moves will hit (except counters obviously)... unsure if you can be thrown normally during it but my guess is probably yes.

I guess it's the unfortunate side effect of wanting to keep the pressure on. Also the Japanese's best friend (grr).

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Jul 06, 2006 13:36

Thanks for the info Alexis. Recovery rolls aren't as safe in XI compared with previous years, so I guess that's why SNKP gave a forward one as well. No wonder I kept getting whupped every time I used it. :(

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Thu Jul 06, 2006 13:41

XI Arcade Mode's rolls are abusably good.

The recovery backwards roll is still safe just like all the KoFs before it.

The forward one is not - and I actually agree with SNKP's decision to make this vulnerable, mainly because it has the potential to totally screw up your opponent's game (think of it as a 50/50 risk you're taking to one-up your opponent after getting your arse rushed down).

Tel: Please add this to the PS2 XI FAQ - I didn't notice this till like a couple days ago, but if you unlock everything (through the easy challenge mode method or "manually) the main menu screen has the words "Complete" appear on the bottom right corner of the screen. Was wondering what the heck that meant till I thought about a little more. :LOL:

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 15:47

OK people, I'm in the final stages of preparing my guide for the next release. There are a couple of things that I've been meaning to test, but I don't have the time to play KOF lately, so I was wondering if any one of you guys could do the testing. Actually, it's just one test, except with different charas.

- Do Ash, Shen Woo, Duo Lon and Vanessa's mode activation LDMs allow you to dizzy opponents while the mode is active? I know Vanessa's LDM does lead to dizzy combos, but that's after the MAX mode has ended. I'd appreciate it if anyone could check if charas get the stun meter lowered when getting hit by the abovementioned characters. If I remember correctly, you can't dizzy opponent with Ash and Duo Lon's LDMs.

Thanks in advance.