Oswald (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by frionel » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:18

qcf E??? what are the effects of this move???

And, did I really see that all of his special moves are free juggles? I did the total chain after an anti air df A, and the whole hits succeded after it...

And true that he has difficults when his is jumping, I didn't find a good attack to use...

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Thu Dec 08, 2005 14:38

the qcf E followup just has him spiralling into the air in a shinryuken fashion. looks cool, I guess.....

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:35

Found this combo while mucking around with oswald...... very cool looking plus useful if oswald is not your leader

dwn A (or stand C), qcf A, qcb C, qcf A, hcb A (of course you can add a jump C if you feel like it)

what happens is your usual slashes, but the hcb A doubles as a shortcut for his super and it all hits. I know it sounds weird but try it!

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Wed Dec 14, 2005 02:30

ok for the qcf E...

but I didn't dreamed, and I did a lot of times a follow up to the qcf E!!!

the screen became dark and Oswald slashed his oponent and knockdowned him into the ground...

And the damage was VERY HIGH!!!!

I tried a lot of diferent commands and didn't find how to do it again...

Can someone help me???

nb : But I m sure there are some conditions to do before this attack can be possible, that will explain why I never saw it on the vs videos... because the damage of this follow are clearly HIGHER than any other move/combo...

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Dec 16, 2005 09:51

Geese wrote:Found this combo while mucking around with oswald...... very cool looking plus useful if oswald is not your leader

dwn A (or stand C), qcf A, qcb C, qcf A, hcb A (of course you can add a jump C if you feel like it)

what happens is your usual slashes, but the hcb A doubles as a shortcut for his super and it all hits. I know it sounds weird but try it!
Yeah, I got that by accident too. Very nice indeed.

Speaking of which, what's the timing to get the qcf+E to do multiple hits?

Gemini83
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Gemini83 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:06

Hi all, my first post here,

did the same with last hit being a knockdown hit.. but also only did it once . Just wanna verify something did anything do a counter with his rdp k? coz there was once by accident i did a 3 hit combo while the screen still black.. after I threw the card and black out ..that is..

:?:

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Fri Dec 16, 2005 18:07

I put the question again, because I really want to know what's this move...

Did anybody knows about the finisher move to the qcf E follow up???

Do you just know what I m talking about, or never heard about it???

please help...

Gemini83
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Gemini83 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 18:35

Oops.. I lump 2 matters together..

Yup Ive done the qcf E after the qcf b move.. the one that flys vertically up the sky, but onli once i got oswald to knock that guy back to the ground with the last hit being extremely damaging.. like u i tried many times to duplicate the move again.. however, the onli clue i got is that i was pressing A at that time.. whther my joystick moved anot imnot certain..I would like pple who know how to execute the last move to enlighten me as well..or rather it could be timing.. meaning the most precise time to hit ur opponent after he flys back..just my opinion though..

second thing.. anybody encounter a followup move when he executes rdp k?
coz i tot i did a wierd followup while the screen was still black..

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Fri Dec 16, 2005 19:08

When I made it, I was pressing the C button... so the only clue we have is that this move can be done with P buttons...

I think that we have to complete some conditions (like a card or poker suite) to unlock this move...

Gemini83
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Gemini83 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 20:19

Well then, it was my second combo onli.. with no power bar..

down b,down a, qcb a, qcf a,qcf b,qcf e.

that was wat I did. and usually i get ten hits for this combo.but got 11 for that extra hit and the background went blackout again..hope this helps..
:)

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sat Dec 17, 2005 17:21

Well then, it was my second combo onli.. with no power bar..

down b,down a, qcb a, qcf a,qcf b,qcf e.

that was wat I did. and usually i get ten hits for this combo.but got 11 for that extra hit and the background went blackout again..hope this helps..

hey, the game finally came out here! I tried it today and after about 1 hour or so, I managed to come out with this combo.

Jump C, Down B, Down A, Qcb A, Qcf B, Qcf A (which misses), Stand A, LDM

apparrently it doesnt work all the time as the Qcf A would hit when Opp is in the corner or in the middle.. Am I doing something wrong here?

Btw, i did try Jump C, Down B, Down A, Qcb A, Qcf B, Qcf E...

sometimes he spins upwards and hits alot, then drills downwards afterwhich.......

does anyone know how to make him drill down after the spin up?

is there any diff in Qcb A and Qcb C?

I also noticed some chars have SDM (Like Kula's Qcf x 2 punch icy wave), do u press AC/BD like in Kof2002/3?

Gemini83
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Gemini83 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 17:34

Maybe u can check out the move list,

http://allgames.gamesh.com/kof/update/s ... racter.htm

its in chinese though. hope ya dun mind.

To answer ur second qn. U dun have to press A/C anymore.. usually its the E button for LDM.Oswald's LDM is b(charge) ,f,b,f E. and Kula's is Hcb x2 E.

A/C or B/d is for swithing pple during the match.. either by saving shift, quick shift or just normal change.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Sat Dec 17, 2005 17:54

Gemini83 wrote:Maybe u can check out the move list,

http://allgames.gamesh.com/kof/update/s ... racter.htm

its in chinese though. hope ya dun mind.

To answer ur second qn. U dun have to press A/C anymore.. usually its the E button for LDM.Oswald's LDM is b(charge) ,f,b,f E. and Kula's is Hcb x2 E.

A/C or B/d is for swithing pple during the match.. either by saving shift, quick shift or just normal change.
thanks for ur quick reply. as for my 2nd question. i was asking how do u do the SDM, wasn't refering to the LDM (which uses the E button).

For e.g in '02, Kula' has qcf x 2 A/C as DM and qcf x 2 AC as SDM. How would u do that in XI?

as for the link, I think it's a bit too complicated for me to read :(

Gemini83
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Gemini83 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 08:22

Er.. theres no more SDM.. wat u saw for kula was the difference between A and C button.. like benimaru LDM is actually his SDM for qcf x2 a. Some of the SDMs have actually been converted to LDMs..like K, Whip and Clark etc.While some have new LDMS. like Kyo etc..

As for the move list .. i cant find any others already.. :roll:

Hey no one realli knows the last part to Oswalds qcf E?OMG..

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Sun Dec 18, 2005 15:15

Gemini83 wrote:Er.. theres no more SDM.. wat u saw for kula was the difference between A and C button.. like benimaru LDM is actually his SDM for qcf x2 a. Some of the SDMs have actually been converted to LDMs..like K, Whip and Clark etc.While some have new LDMS. like Kyo etc..

As for the move list .. i cant find any others already.. :roll:

Hey no one realli knows the last part to Oswalds qcf E?OMG..
some chars have SDM (or rather 2 LDM if u want to put it that way), I just played again today. and Kula has both QCF x 2 E and HCB x 2 E.

Oh yah, Ozwald's qcf B can reflect ground projectiles. I was playing against Iori, and I accidentally reflected his fireball.