Duo Lon (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Tue May 02, 2006 23:53

can't you combo off the DC? but then again i heard that when you DC it just knocks them down.....

meh, stick with the SC version

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Wed May 03, 2006 02:17

The LDM does not hit at all when cancelled into, it only hits when done standalone...

And yes you can combo after it.....combo into WHAT? It knocks down!...I'm just trying to work out if there's even a point as to why Duolon even HAS a DC when it has absolutely ZERO use, if that's the case...

Almost every other char has had their LDM made useful in a way by the DC. All the 'counter' LDM's become command grabs, etc. So what does Duolon get?...DC in general breaks a lot of rules just to make em useful...is this the one and only exception?...

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri May 05, 2006 20:13

Supposedly, Palm> SC Ghosts DM> Dream Cancel will actually result in the opponent staying on the ground open to combo. It needs to be after the palm. Haven't tried it myself tho.

I think out of all of his problem matches, Jazu is by far the worst. Honestly, there seems to be nothing DL can do against repeated jump Es and stand Es. Waaaaay worse than fighting Ash, KGO, Maxima, Iori, etc. Anyone played this match up and won? Any tips?

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sat May 06, 2006 03:28

AcidicEnema wrote:Supposedly, Palm> SC Ghosts DM> Dream Cancel will actually result in the opponent staying on the ground open to combo. It needs to be after the palm. Haven't tried it myself tho.

I think out of all of his problem matches, Jazu is by far the worst. Honestly, there seems to be nothing DL can do against repeated jump Es and stand Es. Waaaaay worse than fighting Ash, KGO, Maxima, Iori, etc. Anyone played this match up and won? Any tips?
yah, I fight him alot, if you are at a distance, do not attempt to challenge a jump attack. you would lose. (even vertical jump C/D/E loses). use ur dp Kicks at a safe distance if he doesn charge at you with jumping Es. If u have power stocks, use the fireball DM at a distance.

If he's at a distance spamming his fireball's, just inch forward by rolling/blocking/Qcf B/ holding down. when you are within "grabber's range" use high shadow jumps C and he would be almost helpless to your attacks and have to block. He's jump E wont even have time to come out. Try to crossover with Jump Cs. That big bird has such a big body frame, it's so easy to crossover. if he blocks your jumping attacks, do down A, teleport mind games.. idea is to stay as close as you can. Sure his stand E is strong (but note, most of them would follow up a stand E, with another Stand E cause it's fast and tricky).

After the first forward Jump E, if you block that and knows that he's going to do another forward Jump E, you can beat it with a fast vertical Jump C.

If he does the jump forward E, jump back E, don't chase. Simple.

If he does the jump forward E, jump vertical E, you can try small jump C/D/E, but I don't recommend you trying to predict his moves. It's just too risky.

but yah, if you can read ur opponent's habbit, a small jump C when close to him would beat his Jump E.

Also, if he spams his Jump E. If he does the high jump, there are instances you can "walk under" his attack, and land a down A to start your chain.

A little note though, you can't go all offensive on birdman... but you fight him the same way as you fight a pressurizing Tizoc...

I had the same problem at first because, I put duolon first, and my opp always put the bird first.. argh..

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Sat May 13, 2006 01:15

IMHO duolon is really getting harder and harder to use...because of really bad match-ups and limited mix-ups...if you cant land that down a, then your chances of winning goes down with it...if only no SS can be done while your doing his LDM combo...

are there any jump c crossup setups outside the scenario when you have just killed a player...? the reason why im asking this is because against expert players, throwin a teleport (qcf b, i rarely use qcf d(tips?)) ALWAYS results in a combo...grab is somewhat ok...also does someone use his standing C/D? i

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri May 19, 2006 19:50

jump C> s.C> qcf+P> (delay) f+B> hcb+C> Variations
works anywhere on the screen. Good damage too. In general, I find that this combo is useful in those situations where you wanna option select a throw/tech/combo, e.g., after rolling past a Gato Palm super.

C Fireball Super> Teleport> DP+K will allow the DP+K to otg.

Unless the lack of sleep is getting to me, DL can do the double palm combo to end the standard LDM infinite. Pain.

As to landing cross ups, try using jump C against a hopping opponent. Similar to (though not nearly as effective as) Maxima.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Sat May 20, 2006 05:01

I never wanna see DuoLon nekkid >.<

LMAO

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sun May 21, 2006 06:48

with the double palm after the infinite, do you still have to delay the fwd B? im guessing this only works if you start if with the opponent facing you.....if you start it with the opponent facing away from you, you actually end up doing the palm not point blank in their face and with them facing you as well....

btw fireball super is techrollable isnt it? was wondering if anyone could confirm if ghosts super is untechable.....then the dp kick after it would be guaranteed and DL would have an instant death against everyone with only 3 stocks :P

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun May 21, 2006 09:29

I belief that the fireball is techable and the Ghost super is untechable. I've *never* seen anyone tech roll from ghost before, but i'm pretty sure i've seen em roll after fireball.

Yeah, I think you're right about the conditions for double palm after infinite, I've not done it yet, but I've seen it done on me =\

Stand D (blocked)> (not cancelled) HCB,F+P is a pretty decent tick set up. Can be mixed up with Stand D> d.A> qcf+P*3.

Another set up for cross up. Hyper hop A (blocked)> normal hop A (cross up). Not terribly useful since most players stand A on reaction after the first hop A, but it works.

jump C> C> qcf+P> (delay) f+B> hcb+C> d.A> qcf+P*3 does around 40% damage and 45% stun. I didn't post the damage earlier, because I thought I was seeing things, but this is pretty bloody good. No idea why subbing a d.A with a stand C makes such a big difference. Best non-super, non-cross up, non-QS BnB, I think.

Still wondering how Geese's special corner cross up works. I've never been able to get the situation described by Slapper to happen =\

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Sun May 21, 2006 13:47

AcidicEnema wrote:jump C> s.C> qcf+P> (delay) f+B> hcb+C> Variations
works anywhere on the screen. Good damage too. In general, I find that this combo is useful in those situations where you wanna option select a throw/tech/combo, e.g., after rolling past a Gato Palm super.

C Fireball Super> Teleport> DP+K will allow the DP+K to otg.

Unless the lack of sleep is getting to me, DL can do the double palm combo to end the standard LDM infinite. Pain.

As to landing cross ups, try using jump C against a hopping opponent. Similar to (though not nearly as effective as) Maxima.
Thanks for the tips..Duolon users UNITE! Oh well, I seem to be getting alot of success with Duolon against Kyo/Iori/Ozzy/input nasty char here and thought maybe I give some inputs. firstly with trying to land a crossover with Jump C.... Do not attempt to keep spamming hop Cs in an attempt to crossover. Seasoned players can anti air it (for e.g Kyo/Iori's DP Punch), or (in our arcade I noticed that some start to) "squat" under ur Air attack and land a down C or down A just before you land. Got punished heaps.. So had to learn it the hard way.

If fighting against a hopping kyo/Iori/Ozzy and the likes, block the first hop, and if they hop again, do stand A. you should be able to win his air attack. Take note to block down after the first hop as some players like to switch between jumping and squating attacks. Always spam ur fireball DM if you can afford the stocks. C version can stop opponent (far away) from swapping chars as it goes so fast. Yes it's fast. if the opponent tries to jump after that split second of the DM annimation, it's a 100% hit. switch bwt slow and fast DMs. ALways use slow if you have the distance and when you can. but I cant stop emphasiing on switching between slow and fast ones. if slow one comes out and opponent is far away. try to teleport to the other side (usually Qcf D, then Qcf B or vice versa, or you can do Qcf B, then jump attack(aim crossover at times). just mix around). I use this a great deal and get heaps of results with it...
~!T.T!~ wrote: btw fireball super is techrollable isnt it? was wondering if anyone could confirm if ghosts super is untechable.....then the dp kick after it would be guaranteed and DL would have an instant death against everyone with only 3 stocks :P
I second AcidicEnema on that as well. Havent seen a oppoent try to block E or tech roll when I spam my Ghost DM with opp in the corner. It looks like you can tech roll on the first contact/block, but if they could, they would have done so here. oh well.

AcidicEnema wrote:
Stand D (blocked)> (not cancelled) HCB,F+P is a pretty decent tick set up. Can be mixed up with Stand D> d.A> qcf+P*3.

Another set up for cross up. Hyper hop A (blocked)> normal hop A (cross up). Not terribly useful since most players stand A on reaction after the first hop A, but it works.
erm does the command grab connect after the blocked D? I have seen my delayed grab "go through" after a blocked down A so many times.....

lastly, I notice my LDM combo gets stuffed up if I delay the foward B, in the palm combo, what do you guys normally do after the delayed forward B palm combo?

I can get the LDM to supercancel, and the down C, forward A to connect, but when i teleport (qcf B) i seem to be so far from the opponent.....some kind soul care to enlighten me? =)

Lastly, another way you can set up the double palm combo, i.e get the opponent in a crossup position would be to QS into duolon. Benimaru has very good cross over, and when he does his Jump D/B(crossover) down A, Qcf B, Qcb B QS into duolon, the opponent would still be stunned in that crossed-over position for duolon to land his jump C double palm combo. heh. some combo for thought =)

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Tue May 23, 2006 06:17

stand e, can replace your stand a as an early anti-air, better if it hits you get a free dp b/d...even if you cancel his stand E with a teleport, you can still connect with a dp b OTG...

about his double palm finish for his LDM, derrick right you have to do start the combo facing the opponent...

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Tue May 23, 2006 07:50

_KC_ wrote:stand e, can replace your stand a as an early anti-air, better if it hits you get a free dp b/d...even if you cancel his stand E with a teleport, you can still connect with a dp b OTG...

about his double palm finish for his LDM, derrick right you have to do start the combo facing the opponent...
huh? I think you answered the wrong person... I was asking what you do after u delay ur forward B (in palm combo) into LDM.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Tue May 23, 2006 08:42

doing a stand E versus a stand A just means that you get less priority. damage is definetly better, but stand A will trade with a lot of meaties, while stand E most likely wont

and about QSing duolon in to do jump C/D, stand C, LDM, does anyone here do it like this

jump-in C/D, stand C, A,C,B,D

im thinking it would be more reliable if you have quick hands that doing

jump-in C/D, (A),C,(B),(D)

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Tue May 23, 2006 16:51

I do JumpC, C, acbd....

I like to StandE then tele while pressuring too, opponent will usually try to retal or throw when you tele, but the standE blockstun is quite long so opponent will (usually) get hit by a crA

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed May 24, 2006 17:20

well if the opponent anticipates the teleport, which really isnt hard, you're at a disadvantage, and if you spam crouching a vs say, clark, you get hit and comboed......best to mixup teleport and dp B/D for safety